Online jobs

elecplus

10 Aug 2017, 05:15

It seems a lot of DT members do not have steady jobs. If you are a native speaker of English, Spanish, or French, you might find this interesting. https://realwaystoearnmoneyonline.com/e ... -from-hom/

kbdfr
The Tiproman

10 Aug 2017, 08:20

Being a native speaker is certainly not a sufficient qualification for teaching a language, seeing for example
- in English the steady confusion between their and there, its and it's, than and then,
- in German the stunning ignorance of the (easy!) rule governing the use of ß vs. ss.
Spoiler:
I am a French native speaker, by the way :mrgreen:

Halvar

10 Aug 2017, 08:33

True, but I think that time talking to a native speaker always helps and motivates learners much more than anything else. You might need a second person as a teacher for the details that a normal native speaker is not able to properly explain.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

10 Aug 2017, 08:52

kbdfr wrote: Being a native speaker is certainly not a sufficient qualification for teaching a language
It may not be but I would not generally agree with that as there are many levels of "native speakers" which really makes that term relative. From my experience there are few people that are 100% verbally fluent and 100% grammatically knowledgable in several languanges. I am not and it is well known here which is why I'll post this classic comment about my english:
- Written in awful grammar, and worse sentence structure!
:mrgreen:
Halvar wrote: True, but I think that time talking to a native speaker always helps and motivates learners much more than anything else. You might need a second person as a teacher for the details that a normal native speaker is not able to properly explain.
Yes that may be a solution.

chuckdee

10 Aug 2017, 14:34

These different opportunities have different requirements, so I they seem to know the limitations of the services they're offering. And the ones that don't have a requirement for a teaching equivalence seem to be for practice, and colloquial speech, so they seem to know what they're getting.

That said, most of them seem to have an overabundance of coaches/teachers/speakers, so have a backlog of people to approve, so keep that in mind.

Return to “Off-topic”