Deskthority Secret Santa 2017

codemonkeymike

28 Dec 2017, 04:54

Folly post. Waiting on secret santa gift

Wodan
ISO Advocate

28 Dec 2017, 08:22

Received mine few days before christmas, ate parts of it already but got something planned for the presentation ;)
Pics / video coming up soon!!

__red__

28 Dec 2017, 14:41

Wodan wrote: Received mine few days before christmas, ate parts of it already but got something planned for the presentation ;)
Pics / video coming up soon!!
Translation: Wodan ate the keyboard and will be typing on the chocolate ;-)

tobo

28 Dec 2017, 18:43

Received mine. Will post pics on other thread :).

__red__

29 Dec 2017, 16:02

The package I sent has been stuck in the destination country about 200 miles away from the recipient. I'm wondering if it's been delivered and they've just not updated?

Myoth

29 Dec 2017, 16:25

I know that, for me, in France, the tracking will sometimes say that it's still in the former country or that's it's at the airport in Paris (which I don't live close by) but it's still moving and it usually gets updated when the package finally came to me.

But what do I know, it could just be me and I don't know if I'm your giftee anyway, I was just sharing this similar experience :)

__red__

29 Dec 2017, 16:34

I'm not intending the cloak-and-dagger, the contents will make it pretty obvious to the recipient that it came from me if they've been paying any interest to my posts over the last few years ;-)

It can at least be a surprise until they open it.

snuci
Vintage computer guy

29 Dec 2017, 16:43

__red__ wrote: I'm not intending the cloak-and-dagger, the contents will make it pretty obvious to the recipient that it came from me
Same here. As the only person from Canada, it's not going to be a mystery and if that didn't give it away, the contents will. It's all good.

j0d1

29 Dec 2017, 17:09

snuci wrote:
__red__ wrote: I'm not intending the cloak-and-dagger, the contents will make it pretty obvious to the recipient that it came from me
Same here. As the only person from Canada, it's not going to be a mystery and if that didn't give it away, the contents will. It's all good.
I'm guessing maple syrup on a greasy poutine.

snuci
Vintage computer guy

29 Dec 2017, 19:59

j0d1 wrote: I'm guessing maple syrup on a greasy poutine.
Pretty close... :)

secretsanta

31 Dec 2017, 08:14

Ho Ho Ho!

If you are still waiting for a package, do not look at this spoiler or I will put you on the naughty list!
Spoiler:

__red__

02 Jan 2018, 19:47

Paging @compgeke @nuum @wodan @flowerlandfilms @myoth @gogusrl @7bit @snuci @hypkx @faxe @codemonkeymike

(Compgeke - feel fell to tell me to stfu if you're harassing people in PMs - I'm just impatient to see what other things people got!)

faxe
5711 4 life

02 Jan 2018, 19:53

Been in contact with dt user secretsanta, my package to me seems to be stuck in customs as of today.
My outgoing package has been delivered according to tracking.

Nuum

02 Jan 2018, 20:17

I'll be home tomorrow, maybe there's a package waiting for me already.

Compgeke

02 Jan 2018, 21:02

Haven't been bugging anyone, just assuming it's down to package volume this year. I had some stuff I bought that took almost 2 weeks in-country, I can't imagine how bad international is right now.

Going to give it a little bit more time before bugging shippers (or receivers) as to whether they've gotten around to sending\receiving.

Myoth

02 Jan 2018, 21:13

__red__ wrote: Paging @compgeke @nuum @wodan @flowerlandfilms @myoth @gogusrl @7bit @snuci @hypkx @faxe @codemonkeymike

(Compgeke - feel fell to tell me to stfu if you're harassing people in PMs - I'm just impatient to see what other things people got!)
I received nothing as of today, to be fair, I haven't received a lot of things in the past weeks, even letters !

Though, I'm still really excited and looking forward to receiving my gift hehe, I'll let you know for sure when it comes !!

codemonkeymike

03 Jan 2018, 00:55

__red__ wrote: Paging @compgeke @nuum @wodan @flowerlandfilms @myoth @gogusrl @7bit @snuci @hypkx @faxe @codemonkeymike

Just opened myne yesterday, I was on vacation. Although that is no good excuse I should have posted yesterday!

__red__

03 Jan 2018, 02:20

faxe wrote: Been in contact with dt user secretsanta, my package to me seems to be stuck in customs as of today.
My outgoing package has been delivered according to tracking.
Is the receiver of your package active at all? If they're not posted yet - are they posting elsewhere so need a knock on the noggin? ;-)

faxe
5711 4 life

03 Jan 2018, 09:05

The receiver was active :)

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

03 Jan 2018, 10:01

Received my package, I will post pictures when I will be home, in some days.

Nuum

03 Jan 2018, 17:39

Nuum wrote: I'll be home tomorrow, maybe there's a package waiting for me already.
I'm home now aaand

nothing :( .
I'll give it some more time then.

gogusrl

03 Jan 2018, 18:08

Nothing yet here as either. Will keep waiting.

AdrianMan

04 Jan 2018, 11:31

@Nuum & @gogusrl - were you guys naughty?

Nuum

04 Jan 2018, 11:43

That didn't bother last year's Santa :o

kbdfr
The Tiproman

04 Jan 2018, 15:42

AdrianMan wrote: @Nuum & @gogusrl - were you guys naughty?
Don't worry, guys:
kbdfr wrote: […] should the need arise (because of e.g. a Secret Santa failing to fulfil their engagements or a parcel disappearing on its way), I'm ready to jump in. […]
I could even cater for two :D

Compgeke

05 Jan 2018, 03:30

When I get home I'll bug senders who haven't arrived yet to see of we've got tracking or something on their stuff. It's not unheard of to have gifts arrive into January, I think the record I've seen was 2nd week of Feb.

faxe
5711 4 life

05 Jan 2018, 17:27

Got a letter from the customs office today, my secret santa package is there. Germans: any idea how to deal with a present at customs? Internet says customs duties are due, but I have no idead how to prove the value of the package.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

05 Jan 2018, 17:31

faxe wrote: Got a letter from the customs office today, my secret santa package is there. Germans: any idea how to deal with a present at customs? Internet says customs duties are due, but I have no idead how to prove the value of the package.
Explain the situation to them, tell them it was agreed upon to send gifts worth ~50USD
Worst case open the box with them to prove it. If they don‘t feel like you‘re trying to screw them, they are usually super cool

faxe
5711 4 life

05 Jan 2018, 17:37

That was exactly my plan. Thanks for your ideas, will go there monday morning.

secretsanta

06 Jan 2018, 03:21

What I think happened with @faxe's package is that when I insured it I included the cost of shipping. Sounds like the shipper also put that as the value of the goods.

Pay the tax & duty, it should be 15-20EUR and I'll paypal you the money.

Unfortunately, when that happens, I will no longer be the secret of the santa as my husband's identity will be revealed :-(

Return to “Off-topic”