Whatever happened to ________?

Lbibass

15 Nov 2019, 17:46

Blaise170 wrote:
15 Nov 2019, 16:08
I'm alive. Indeed, 2019 is probably the worst year I've ever experienced. But I hope to start being active around here again. Anyone who has needed me in the meantime... Sorry for the delays.

Glad to hear that you're back! Hope 2020 will be a better year for you. :)

Muirium
µ

28 Apr 2020, 20:54

For what it’s worth, no I did not engineer coronavirus. Well, not this one, at any rate.

ZedTheMan

28 Apr 2020, 20:56

Gonna miss ya blaise. Damn. We lost him apparently according to some very recent reports.

mcmaxmcmc

28 Apr 2020, 22:15

ZedTheMan wrote:
28 Apr 2020, 20:56
Gonna miss ya blaise. Damn. We lost him apparently according to some very recent reports.
Ironic... and unfortunate.

Iwaju

22 Sep 2020, 21:47

what happened to the science elf? he used to be LGR's competitor in the electronic history YouTube scene.

oh wait he posted a video two months ago XD

Yasu0

23 Sep 2020, 20:00

I don't know specifically about the previously mentioned users, but I can tell you this. When something is novel and secret-club like, that can be a large part of its charm in chatting about it on forums. Then if it goes mainstream.. it can lose some of that cult special feels. Seems like mech keyboards are experiencing going more mainstream. You get this huge influx of unwashed noobs on the forums wanting in on your special little hobby. Which can be both good and bad..

If you look at it this way- what are the results of the work Soarer has done? He has made it possible for utility to come back to worthless old boards. So these historic boards stay out of landfills under millions of tons of dell laptops and hp chrome books and kuerig cups crushing them to pieces. Which is good. Also the result is, now there is a huge demand for old boards which used to be cheap and easy to grab at good will. Now they are $200 instead of $2, which can be demoralizing if that was your thing. Those are my thoughts. Or it could be a thing where its like "mission accomplished" and I'm out, on a more positive note..

kbdfr
The Tiproman

23 Sep 2020, 20:31

Yasu0 wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 20:00
[…] going more mainstream. You get this huge influx of unwashed noobs on the forums […]
[…] Or it could be a thing where its like "mission accomplished" […].
My preference goes to the "unwashed noobs" explanation :lol:

Yasu0

23 Sep 2020, 20:51

Please let us know beforehand on your release date.
Muirium wrote:
28 Apr 2020, 20:54
For what it’s worth, no I did not engineer coronavirus. Well, not this one, at any rate.

Return to “Off-topic”