You won the World Cup, why riot?

User avatar
Mr.Nobody

17 Jul 2018, 01:06

Celebration turned into a violent tumult. How come, even victory makes you guys angry?
Last edited by Mr.Nobody on 17 Jul 2018, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Myoth

17 Jul 2018, 01:12

we're so happy that a flow of joy motivated us to rebel against the militia :lol:

User avatar
green-squid

17 Jul 2018, 08:29

Dumbasses are dumbasses. :evil:

User avatar
Muirium
µ

17 Jul 2018, 09:06


Findecanor

17 Jul 2018, 10:12

World up, yo!

User avatar
Chyros

17 Jul 2018, 12:25


codemonkeymike

17 Jul 2018, 12:30

Lets not get all "holier then thou" now. When you are passionate about something and alcohol is involved, dumb shit happens

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nika_riots

User avatar
kbdfr
The Tiproman

17 Jul 2018, 13:03

Mr.Nobody wrote: […] Celebration turned into a violent tumult. […]
No. This is a 38 seconds video showing a few idiots.

There were sporadical incidents between "thugs" and the police:
https://www.eurosport.fr/football/coupe ... tory.shtml

In total, 292 people have been arrested - not just in Paris, but throughout France:
http://www.leparisien.fr/faits-divers/i ... 823502.php

User avatar
scottc

17 Jul 2018, 13:32

Damn, you finally win MrNobody, this is the tipping point - surely the end of Western Civilization.

User avatar
vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

17 Jul 2018, 13:48

I like how Mr. Nobody associates the keyboard community and the whole of Europe with some rioters. Amazing correlation there.
Last edited by vivalarevolución on 17 Jul 2018, 14:41, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
depletedvespene

17 Jul 2018, 13:55

SOMEONE around here seems to have forgotten the AltGr riots...

User avatar
Muirium
µ

17 Jul 2018, 16:00

Mod symmetry or death! Long live the authoritarian revolution! Get on board or Alt. Grab your arse because you know what’s coming!

User avatar
depletedvespene

17 Jul 2018, 16:11

No, you don't know what's coming. The AltGr riots will be remembered as a mild disagreement compared to the leftside cluster wars that are coming have already started. What's saddest, it seems the wrong side will emerge victorious again. :? :cry:

User avatar
Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

17 Jul 2018, 16:14

Does no one remember those small riots over feet? Who can stand them on a keyboard!

User avatar
depletedvespene

17 Jul 2018, 16:18

Blaise170 wrote: Does no one remember those small riots over feet? Who can stand them on a keyboard!
Now, YOU'VE done it, Blaise. what happens next IS ON YOU. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

User avatar
Mr.Nobody

18 Jul 2018, 07:11

Happy folk don't do shit like this. The question is why they are so angry.

I just read an article concerning the difference between French view and American view on adultery.(Germany is also listed as a reference)
Image

% of people claiming to be unfaithful
Men Women
France 55% 32%
Italy 55% 34%
Belgium 51% 29%
Spain 50% 28%
Germany 46% 43%
UK 42% 29%

Full article is here:
https://howtoguide.org/adultery-in-france/

From an outsider's point view, your culture puts too much emphasis on freedom, everybody regards other people including spouses, family members, friends and various responsibilities as barriers between themselves and true freedom. People living in this kind of culture have a propensity for ridding themselves of the aforementioned burdens to get the so-called real freedom and most of them end up in alienation and deep sense of lonliness, that's why there are so many depressed people in Europe, even though materially speaking, the living standard isn't bad at all.

It's hard to sustain a family in a culture like this, therefore, many people grow up in broken or malfunctioning families, after they themselves get married they found their wives are as promiscuous as their mothers and they are at risk of losing half of the property at divorce just like their cuckold fathers did...How could anyone possibly feel good living in a vicious circle like this?

User avatar
kbdfr
The Tiproman

18 Jul 2018, 09:07

Mr.Nobody wrote: Happy folk don't do shit like this. The question is why they are so angry. […]
I suppose there are also some idiots in your country, like the few dozens who in France seized the occasion of looting shops and confronting the police. Remember, on the Champs-Élysées there was a crowd of hundreds of thousands peacefully celebrating the victory in the World Cup:
But what is really stunning is how you inflate this absolute non-event concerning a few thugs to an immense riot and then use this fiction as a starting point for a completely different story of whole populations rioting because they are unhappy and being unhappy because they somehow don't generally condemn adultery.

The "arguments" you develop in the last two paragraph or your post are simply bullshit fallacious. So, taking (probably without further reflexion) the man's point of view in a marriage, you say that men [quoting you] "are at risk of losing half of the property at divorce", as if a couple's property was in fact the man's property and not by half the woman's property.

But well, obviously your key message was (as usual) simply:
[…] your culture puts too much emphasis on freedom […]
I would suggest you stay where you are, enjoy your way of life and simply let us do the same :lol:

User avatar
Mr.Nobody

18 Jul 2018, 09:52

@ KBDFR
Isn't your last sentence exactly what I've been telling you guys over the last 20+ months, glad we have finally reached a consensus. We don't judge you for your lifestyle, don't judge us for ours. An ordinary French can live without fidelity, an ordinary Chinese can live without the right to vote.

EDIT
TIM截图20180718160359.png
TIM截图20180718160359.png (26.94 KiB) Viewed 1062 times
As you said, I just post a 38 sec video... it's you who told us the riot is on a nation-wide scale, don't blame this on me, we are still in broad daylight. How on earth could you accuse me of inflating the topic?

I brought the adultery article up just to illustrate my opinion on the matter, viz., everyone is born into and will grow up in a family,malfunctioning family erodes the very base of healthy personality. If you can't see the interrelationship between adultery and malfunctioning families,if you also can't see the correlation between malfuctioning families and anger/depression on a personal level,well I have nothing further to say, afterall i'm not the one who takes the backlash and fallout. There is difference between freedom and self-indulgence, regretablly some people just don't know it and they are paying huge price for it.

User avatar
kbdfr
The Tiproman

18 Jul 2018, 14:24

kbdfr wrote: […] I would suggest you stay where you are, enjoy your way of life and simply let us do the same :lol:
Mr.Nobody wrote: @ KBDFR
Isn't your last sentence exactly what I've been telling you guys over the last 20+ month […]
I can't remember having opened a thread to criticize foreign ways of life, while obviously that's exactly what you (once again) intended with this thread.
[…] We don't judge you for your lifestyle […]
I seem to have completely misunderstood your last post (quoting you: "your culture puts too much emphasis on freedom") :lol:
TIM截图20180718160359.png
As you said, I just post a 38 sec video... it's you who told us the riot is on a nation-wide scale […].
Of course not. I was just (and clearly) referring to just 292 people arrested throughout France when millions have been celebrating in all towns and villages - nothing like your alleged "riot […] on a nation-wide scale", simply a few idiots on the fringes of a huge nation-wide celebration.
[…] everyone is born into and will grow up in a family,malfunctioning family erodes the very base of healthy personality. If you can't see the interrelationship between adultery and malfunctioning families,if you also can't see the correlation between malfuctioning families and anger/depression on a personal level,well I have nothing further to say, afterall i'm not the one who takes the backlash and fallout. There is difference between freedom and self-indulgence, regretablly some people just don't know it and they are paying huge price for it.
I always thought adultery was a matter of adults being unfaithful to their spouses, not mistreating their children.
And would you consider children to be per se unhappy in societies where polygamy is legal?
What about happiness in families not allowed to have more than one child (which I heard has been the rule until just a couple of years ago in a certain country which I unfortunately cannot remember)?

So again…
kbdfr wrote: […] I would suggest you stay where you are, enjoy your way of life and simply let us do the same :lol:
… instead of trolling :lol:

User avatar
Mr.Nobody

18 Jul 2018, 16:43

So you do believe infedility, betrayal between parents and divorce is adults' matter, and has no negative influence on children's psychological well being? Mmmm...It's possible... only if the child is rather dumb. :lol:

What about happiness in families when children don't even know who their real father is. I heard in some country families are not only allowed to have more than one child, but also more than one wife or/and husband, so-called "open marriage" :lol: It seems letting libertines and whores get married and give birth to a new generation of libertines and whores isn't a bad idea to someone. Even this is the best scenario, in reality, new generation is hardly given birth to,because in those countries, people are too lazy to do anything productive including raise children; all they want to do is flirting and messing around.The governments of these countries are forced to assimilate immigrants from ex-colonizations to keep the economy running, however when the immigrants have arrived, things aren't going as expected...Governments can't do anything to motivate those lazy asses, because those lazy asses are also voters. Maybe that's how people live over there but surely not how we live here. Simply because neither it's sustainable nor it's feasible.

I have been staying where I am and enjoying myself, but I doubt you can do the same,
again, "How could anyone possibly feel good living in a vicious circle like that?"

Ps:
If I've been trolling, you've being riding my trolling to troll without knowing it :lol:

User avatar
Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

18 Jul 2018, 17:12

So many straw mans in one post! :lol:

User avatar
kbdfr
The Tiproman

18 Jul 2018, 17:18

Mr.Nobody wrote: […] I heard in some country families are not only allowed to have more than one child, but also more than one wife or/and husband, so-called "open marriage" :lol: It seems letting libertines and whores get married and give birth to a new generation of libertines and whores isn't a bad idea to someone. Even this is the best scenario, in reality, new generation is hardly given birth to,because in those countries, people are too lazy to do anything productive including raise children; all they want to do is flirting and messing around.The governments of these countries are forced to assimilate immigrants from ex-colonizations to keep the economy running, however when the immigrants have arrived, things aren't going as expected...Governments can't do anything to motivate those lazy asses, because those lazy asses are also voters. […]
What a bunch of utter nonsense…

Image
If I've been trolling, you've being riding my trolling to troll without knowing it :lol:
Here at least you are undoubtedly right - except for the last three words :lol:

User avatar
Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

18 Jul 2018, 17:21

At least in the US, this is the most nonsensical thing I've ever heard:
when the immigrants have arrived, things aren't going as expected...Governments can't do anything to motivate those lazy asses, because those lazy asses are also voters.
Immigrants typically work far longer hours at far more arduous jobs and are also not allowed to vote unless they've been naturalized as a citizen.

User avatar
vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

18 Jul 2018, 20:55

LOL. How much do you get paid to troll European-based websites? Is this a full time or part time gig? What other ones do you troll?

Also, mental health in China, everyone: https://www.economist.com/china/2017/01 ... h-problems

User avatar
chuckdee

18 Jul 2018, 22:47

Is this like "Fake News" and Russian bots? Mr. Nobody is a Chinese bot set up to "Fake Troll" us?

User avatar
Muirium
µ

18 Jul 2018, 23:48

Right. That’s it. I’m sold. Freedom is slavery. Amen!

Where do I sign up to become a Chinese citizen? You guys have a process, right? Where’s the line? You got yourself a live one. Close the deal!

User avatar
Mr.Nobody

19 Jul 2018, 01:22

Here at least you are undoubtedly right - except for the last three words :lol:
Nice,KBDFR,I admit I'm a little surprised...well, at least you know you're also a troll.
Blaise170 wrote: At least in the US, this is the most nonsensical thing I've ever heard:
when the immigrants have arrived, things aren't going as expected...Governments can't do anything to motivate those lazy asses, because those lazy asses are also voters.
Immigrants typically work far longer hours at far more arduous jobs and are also not allowed to vote unless they've been naturalized as a citizen.
You got me wrong man, "lazy asses" here are not referring to immigants, but those who have the nationalities.On one hand, they demand more and do little, one another hand, they blame government for letting too many immigrants in....and the politicians are so afraid of saying "If you lazy assess are willing to work and raise children, we don't have to ..."
vivalarevolución wrote: LOL. How much do you get paid to troll European-based websites? Is this a full time or part time gig? What other ones do you troll?

Also, mental health in China, everyone: https://www.economist.com/china/2017/01 ... h-problems
On what grounds you assume I'm paid to do this? I'm fully aware of this forum is European-based and some people's pride and identities are hinged on the conception/illustion of how awesome Europe is. Well, don't get it personal, I didn't want to hurt anybody's feeling.

As for the Economist, well, I remember in 1999 they predicted China won't have mobilephone in everyone's hand by 2020,in reality, everyone had one by 2001 and relace it with a new one every 1 or 2 years...I ceased to take the magazine seriously since.

Muirium wrote: Right. That’s it. I’m sold. Freedom is slavery. Amen!

Where do I sign up to become a Chinese citizen? You guys have a process, right? Where’s the line? You got yourself a live one. Close the deal!
Freedom is self-indulgence and China is in slavery, that's how some people are sold. Seriously, today's China is like 19th century America, everything is enegetic and brisk.Today Europe is like 19th century China, in total stagnation, however for some unknown reason, everyone there still believes they are living in the most awesome place on earth.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
This is offtopic but since we're already here...
Last time when Europe was in trouble, your ancestors found and colonized America and the rest of the world.This time there are no new continents for you guys to find and colonize, no black slaves for you guys to traffic and exploit.First, I am curious to see how you gonna save your asses this time. Second, I'm tired of seeing the lazy offspring of thieves and bandits spending the money accumulated through their forefather's shady business and pretending to be civilized gentlemen. Time to wake up and hear the harsh different voice. ;)

User avatar
Muirium
µ

19 Jul 2018, 01:44

My forefathers were oil shale and coal miners. I don’t envy them their health, but in this day and age I do look at their tight community and jobs for life with a certain admiration. Everyone knew and looked out for their mates back then. While slowly dying…

Slom

19 Jul 2018, 02:12

Mr.Nobody wrote:
Last time when Europe was in trouble, your ancestors found and colonized America and the rest of the world...
Last time we were in trouble was when we tried to murder each other, twice, in the span of only 30 years. Sadly the lessons for why we wanted to do so seem to be slowly forgotten, even in Europe.

Fuck your nationalism and thinking that one kind of people is better than the other!

edit:
That last sentence is directed at world in general, not any specific member

User avatar
green-squid

19 Jul 2018, 10:34

'How come you are RIOTING? Thankfully, we deal with riots in the best ways ;) '

Image

Post Reply

Return to “Off-topic”