Happy Birthday/1 year on Deskthority to me

green-squid

03 Nov 2018, 20:19

Snacksthecat reminded me that today is my Deskthority Birthday (same as my real life birthday) :)

What has changed? I'm not into keyboards as much as I used to be. I have almost everything I need keyboard wise. This feeling has been haunting me a bit, because I have a feeling that I must never lose interest in keyboards because of the people I've met and friends I've made. And losing the people who got me here. So I am not quitting keyboards anytime soon! :)

I have found a new hobby too! Fountain pens! I'm soon getting my first pens in the mail! What I like about is that it's a cheap hobby (quality chinese Jinhao pens go for a few dollars and have great quality). Unlike keyboards, where ebay priced have shot up so much it's not even worth it for me to browse, not even Kleinanzeigen classified ads (i hop on every once in a while, and get disappointed that 'cherry tastatur' only brings up rubber domes and the same overpriced G81/G80s). I dont have the time to go on every single day of the week and seeing if maybe somebody puts up a cheap board). I guess i have came to the conclusion as to why 'keyboards arent [as] fun anymore*. eBay prices and general money hungriness, and outrageous prices for shipping from the US, so no single good deal can come from there.

HOWEVER, a few super duper uber amazing people have offered support, and some awesome chassis and the like. And let's not forget about Electronics Plus' fair prices. All in the US though. I just cannot do anything about that.

It's not all doom and gloom. I am not completely unhappy, and I'm feeling that luck is on the way, since I've made an effort to ask some people about boards.

Thank you everybody for putting me on this amazing journey. You have changed my life, literally. without you all, i would not be who I am today. Thank you. Long live deskthority and its users. :mrgreen: :) :) :)

*While a lot if 'Keyboards are not fun anymore', I am not completely hopeless, thanks to the help of this community.

Return to “Off-topic”