How did you find your internet nickname?

Muirium
µ

15 Mar 2022, 11:08

CaesarAZealad wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 17:35
Civ Rev was the gateway drug for a young Caesar, for a game series he still sucks at :P
It may not be the best in the series but I still revisit it sometimes when I'm using my 360 as a DVD player.
It still remains the only Civ game I've managed a science victory in, and I did it as Napoleon of all people XD
Civ Rev was "rubber-banding" very, very hard on me indeed.
Wikipedia wrote:This adjustment, however, should be made with moderation, to avoid the 'rubber band' effect. One example of this effect in a racing game would involve the AI driver's vehicles becoming significantly faster when behind the player's vehicle, and significantly slower while in front, as if the two vehicles were connected by a large rubber band.
The way I played Civ—no exaggeration—was to overwhelm all obstacles by sheer brute force of numbers. You know how cities have that donut shape of squares around them they can harvest from? I'd cover the earth in those, and in strategic areas I'd even cram cities side by side to act as fortresses rather than high population centres. The bastard civilians only get nippy when you're piling armies high, so lower populations are in fact better for battle platforms.

The last good game of Civ I remember playing was on Civ 4 where I—again, no exaggeration—stockpiled enough nukes to put 2 or 3 of them on EVERY SINGLE FOREIGN CITY. So I did. What a glorious turn! Me and my one wee ally stooge—America!—pounded the entire globe so hard there were only pointy sticks left once we were done. That one turn must have taken 2 hours. Hey, every one of those other nations had joined together in a Jihad against us. This was a defensive first strike! 8-)

Civ is so utterly ruthless. Love it! But goodness me, the computer hasn't a chance, without resorting to laughable rule manipulation.

Altis

31 Mar 2022, 02:17

Mine is rather lame, but my first car was a Toyota Corolla, which was called the Altis in some markets (such as Phillipines and Singapore), so I came across it when searching for those sweet, sweet first car mods. 8-)

Found it to be a very short, easy to say and spell alias that never seemed to be taken when registering for things. I remember leaving it to xbox gold to come up with a name for me and it chose "cloudyfeline"... which I didn't go with.

Return to “Off-topic”