I'm looking for a good looking Monospaced Font

didja

10 Jul 2012, 05:09

Nobody's born a kern bigot.

I never even heard of Kerning until Sixty got his first batch of GH caps made. I had fingers crossed that when mine arrived they would not be messed up, then I was like, oh. Well there you go.

Mine

Sixtys

TexasFlood

10 Jul 2012, 05:11

I have all the keys in your pics didja, and thanks, :D, and think they all look fine.

ripster

10 Jul 2012, 05:46

didja wrote:Nobody's born a kern bigot.

I never even heard of Kerning until Sixty got his first batch of GH caps made. I had fingers crossed that when mine arrived they would not be messed up, then I was like, oh. Well there you go.
Rofl. I didn't either.

Yah, vintage collectable keys are fine. At least they are not Comic Sans.

Or reversed.

And BACK ON TOPIC check this link:

http://hivelogic.com/articles/top-10-programming-fonts/

Soarer

10 Jul 2012, 17:33

ripster wrote:You kern the letters to superimpose with alt-Arrow in Photoshop.

I may be a HTML noob but I've learned to kern. Drop in mono spaced fonts or a few pairs like Arial/Helvetica.
Same as before but with tracking adjusted to line them up. (They are, of course, both mono fonts anyway).
Consolas_vs_Droid_Sans_Mono_adjusted.png
Consolas_vs_Droid_Sans_Mono_adjusted.png (11.96 KiB) Viewed 2308 times
It was a pain to get it just right (alt-Arrow didn't hit the right value), and could well still be 'wrong' in some subtle way. It would be much better/easier to script drawing each individual character onto a grid :ugeek:

mSSM

14 Jul 2012, 14:48

Anyone here using Pragmata Pro from http://www.fsd.it/fonts/pragmatapro.htm ?

Really thinking about getting that font, because of its amazing unicode support. But boy, it's pricey!

EDIT: Boy, I am silly; discussed this in this thread 2 months ago. I wonder: is there maybe another website selling this for less (with some discounts, maybe)?

codehead

14 Jul 2012, 15:11

Using Anonymous Pro for all my coding. I think it was in that Top 10 list mentioned earlier.

hq1ify

18 Jul 2012, 00:31

Noone mentioned Terminus?

hq1ify

18 Jul 2012, 01:00

i stand corrected

Return to “Off-topic”