tinnie

20 Jun 2012, 16:08

I don't know the answer.....

dirge

20 Jun 2012, 16:16

Nope.

It's Burma http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/soci ... 2062031242

And Argentina at the moment.
Last edited by dirge on 20 Jun 2012, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.

ripster

20 Jun 2012, 16:17

Don't think so. My mom and Koreans though.......

And yes, we Americans do Joke Around a lot.

Djuzuh

20 Jun 2012, 16:29

Not really. But we are afraid of their power, as we won't be able to control them xD.

wupi

20 Jun 2012, 16:55

@tinlong117
I don't think so.

mintberryminuscrunch

20 Jun 2012, 17:12

i think what you wanted to ask is rather China, than Chinese.?
China in terms of
political system
cheap labor
human rights
censorship
might not be that popular..

the Chinese? are like any other people

ripster

20 Jun 2012, 18:50

Erm....not really.

In Japan I found the Chinese Tourists to be ruder than the German Tourists. And THAT is saying something.

NSFW
Spoiler:

7bit

20 Jun 2012, 18:57

tinlong117 wrote:I don't know the answer.....
Only when they ship with EMS instead of DHL and the package gets stuck in the bloody dirty German customs office.
:mad:

TexasFlood

20 Jun 2012, 19:02

I don't and work with folks from all over. I initially had a grudge against folks from India when the jobs of folks I knew started moving to India. But as I worked with them I can to realize it wasn't their doing so now I hate the right folks, my weasel executive management who are behind it all.

Acanthophis

20 Jun 2012, 19:19

I hate every human being equally. What a tolerant guy I am :D

Daniel Beaver

21 Jun 2012, 15:51

No, Americans do not hold any particular animosity towards the Chinese. Like Djuzuh said, we're becoming more afraid of their power (especially since it is rising), but our history is quite free of conflict. And while they are nominally communist, which is something many Americans hate and fear, we all know that they dumped that and embraced "our" system instead, much to our smug satisfaction. We also have quite a few Chinese immigrants, so most Americans have interacted with them directly at some point in their life (which makes you think of them as real people, instead of some vague concept).

I should also mention: Americans tend to just clump the Chinese together with every other Southeast Asian group. An average Joe Shmoe here would be very hard-pressed to tell you the difference between Koreans, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, or anyone else. They're all just "Asians".
Last edited by Daniel Beaver on 21 Jun 2012, 15:55, edited 1 time in total.

ripster

21 Jun 2012, 15:55

FREE TIBET!

THEN I won't hate you.

Daniel Beaver

21 Jun 2012, 15:59

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:i think what you wanted to ask is rather China, than Chinese.?
China in terms of
political system
cheap labor
human rights
censorship
might not be that popular..
Yep. The Chinese "authorities" (whether that be government or business) are held in very low esteem here.

CeeSA

21 Jun 2012, 16:04

i am with mintberryminuscrunch and DeathAdder ;)

Findecanor

21 Jun 2012, 18:15

Hate Chinese? No.. Some of them might be a bit weird, though. I think that there is a dangerous mentality in China. The authorities are corrupt and people are ego-centric, with little care about other people. I have worked with a few Chinese (in China) and they were good people in many respects but very career-driven.

Maarten

21 Jun 2012, 19:29

I for one LOVE the chinese (in a non-dirty manly way)! You do some great production work, you food is great (well, the food that does not smell like wet dog or taste like sea-weed), you have some really nice old architecture and i think you can all be very social if you want to (been in the tourist industry for a bit myself)!

One thing you all might wanna pay attention to is that at least one of you lot should learn proper English and then have that person check everything that crosses your border to the outside world (packaging, manuals, product stickers, all forms of written communication and brand-names) because you are one of the great world powers now but nobody will take you seriously as long as you keep up that 4-year-old-german-girl English vibe you got going on.

rodtang

23 Jun 2012, 00:11

Nah, but the Chinese aren't too fond of us.

Azrael

26 Jun 2012, 11:11

Ni Hao Tinlong, what made you think that your people are being hated in the first place?

why should the europeans hate the chinese? I do not understand why the thought even comes up?

True is that in Germany people think that the Chinese Goverment is not doing enought in terms of human rights. And that its not okay that a lot of stuff is being censored. But that hasnt got to do anything about the people.

ripster

26 Jun 2012, 16:28

Ask me about Greeks!
Apple Inc. (AAPL) -NasdaqGS
571.86 1.10(0.19%) 10:29AM EDT - Nasdaq Real Time Price

dirge

26 Jun 2012, 16:34

When I watched 'Idiot Abroad' I thought the food people ate was pretty mental. Not sure if that series made it beyond the UK, so... chance nobody will know what I'm talking about.

Azrael

27 Jun 2012, 10:11

I think every country has very strange meals which are not eaten outside this country. And UK is not an excpetion there ^^

"Haggis is a kind of savoury pudding containing sheep's pluck (heart, liver and lungs... "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haggis

But you find strange stuff everywhere, of course also in Germany or China.

mintberryminuscrunch

27 Jun 2012, 10:28

dirge wrote:When I watched 'Idiot Abroad' I thought the food people ate was pretty mental. Not sure if that series made it beyond the UK, so... chance nobody will know what I'm talking about.
Haha.. round headed buffoon. Love that guy. But didn't watch the second season.

GH1391401

29 Jun 2012, 04:25

You'll find differing racial views no matter where you go. You will also find that these views are either amplified or suppressed based on the situation. Although education and economic status can suppress dissenting racial thought patterns it is, unfortunately, not an indicator of someone who maintains a correct and just mindset.

Findecanor

29 Jun 2012, 16:43

Azrael wrote:I think every country has very strange meals which are not eaten outside this country. And UK is not an excpetion there ^^

"Haggis is a kind of savoury pudding containing sheep's pluck (heart, liver and lungs... "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haggis
Haggis is not that unique. For instance, in Sweden there is "Pölsa" which is basically the same thing, except that it contains barley instead of oats.

Azrael

29 Jun 2012, 20:39

i see

dirge

29 Jun 2012, 21:12

Yeah I guess black pudding may seem strange to some.

Mmmmmm blood.

codehead

29 Jun 2012, 21:12

I find it quite hilarious now that Western countries are just caught with their pants down when "communists" (as if communism was ever actually implemented anywhere in the world... Poor Karl Marx turning in his grave...) could practically buy US at the moment. Well, actually, China and Japan pretty much own the US already :)

I just saw on the news when Obama started a speech regarding "Obamacare": "We are the wealthiest nation in the world". I couldn't hear anything else after that. If you start typing "us nati" to Google, it immediately suggests you "us national debt" :D Irony is a bitch. Western countries have been exploiting Chinese for decades - payback time.

codehead

29 Jun 2012, 21:24

And oh, regarding the food people eat... Couple of years ago, I heard from the radio when some UK tourists were being interviewed in Lappland, Finland and they were like shocked when they learnt that we eat reindeers! They couldn't believe that Santa's little helpers were actually being eaten :D

dirge

29 Jun 2012, 21:58

It's deer. We eat deer here..

Just because there are some immortal flying one's that help deliver presents. Doesn't mean they don't taste nice!

TexasFlood

29 Jun 2012, 22:05

Deer sausage, yum...

Return to “Off-topic”