How often do you move your keyboard around?

Merijn

25 Jul 2012, 22:43

Just wondering how you guys handle the keyboard on the desk. The keyboard is not more than twenty minutes in the same position on my desk, during any activity, let it be writing, browsing the intertubes or playing TF2. It's not really because it is uncomfortable, but more that I am getting bored with the current position or something like that. I don't think when moving the keyboard around.

But how's that for the others?

damorgue

25 Jul 2012, 22:47

I only move it when I change tasks. Gaming means I place it so that my hand rests upon WASD. During CAD, there is another weird claw I make. Photoshop, well, I bring out a wacom and that changes everything. Typing is fairly straight forward etc. Each has an approximate position so that the hand rests naturally at the keys used the most during that type of work.

I don't think I could move it while doing the same task, that would throw me off and I would press the wrong key.

fossala
Elite +1

25 Jul 2012, 22:48

I never move my keyboard.

longweight
key-bored

26 Jul 2012, 00:59

Never move mine either.

Charlie_Brown_MX

26 Jul 2012, 08:12

Mine is basically glued to the spot. The only time I ever move it is the rare occasion when a pencil or whatever falls behind it and rolls underneath.

Half-Saint

26 Jul 2012, 08:31

Nevar!

ForestFunK

26 Jul 2012, 09:43

I change my sitting position quite often when I sit on the desk for a long period of time. It just gets uncomfortable sitting in the same position all day long. So i move the keyboard according to my position.

fossala
Elite +1

26 Jul 2012, 09:45

I don't spend all day on the PC. Work doesn't involve them a lot (only stock take and management crap).

Trent

27 Jul 2012, 02:28

I pull it towards the edge of the desk if I want to be lazy and type while leaning back, it slides forward when I am sitting upright doing something "important"

itlnstln

27 Jul 2012, 16:29

Never. If I could bolt it to the desk, I would.

Smoothers

27 Jul 2012, 21:35

anytime I sit in a new position in the chair the keyboard gets adjusted accordingly.

quake4mhger

28 Jul 2012, 08:22

At least 10 times a day.
New position for gaming, eating, taking keycap photo, seat back relax, clean my table ...etc.
But I have couple marks on the table, which is my default position for the mousepad & keyboard :mrgreen:

7bit

01 Aug 2012, 09:37

I never move mine except for cleaning or swapping the keyboard.

Djuzuh

01 Aug 2012, 09:43

7bit wrote:I never move mine except for cleaning or swapping the keyboard.

And how many times do you swap your keyboard? xD.

Return to “Off-topic”