Does this make me #2 ban on GH?

longweight
key-bored

31 Jan 2013, 01:40

I would love to get into proper shaving but I like my beard too much!

webwit
Wild Duck

31 Jan 2013, 01:45

Maybe apply safety blade shaving on other body parts? (now we're properly derailing)

Ascaii
The Beard

31 Jan 2013, 02:02

longweight wrote:I would love to get into proper shaving but I like my beard too much!
Same here.

Acanthophis

31 Jan 2013, 02:10

OMG!!
Even admins threadcrap here on DT? GTFO!!

Dan, where are those shady PMs you talked about? :P

mintberryminuscrunch

31 Jan 2013, 04:33

longweight wrote:DT is a far more interesting forum with much, much more keyboard knowledge. It also has much more mature members which is why the relaxed rules work so well, GH is full or bitchy, neurotic members which is why it descends so quickly into chaos.

DT is the better forum in my eyes but it's just not for me so I don't use it much.
Hey! We can be just as bitchy and neurotic as the next guy^^

AKIMbO

31 Jan 2013, 04:43

This is lame...you better not be perma banned man.

DanGWanG

31 Jan 2013, 04:51

Acanthophis wrote:OMG!!
Even admins threadcrap here on DT? GTFO!!

Dan, where are those shady PMs you talked about? :P
Have a lot of digging through my gchat history since I can't access my PM's. I might just paraphrase everything for laziness sakes. But still working on my project for work, so I'm really busy right now. Sorry for the suspense.

DanGWanG

31 Jan 2013, 04:53

tsangan wrote:
DanGWanG wrote:I've been prepping for a meeting since last night and want to properly address my opinions about this whole subject. In short, its complete bs and I'm in no rush to return if its going to be ruled by shitty moderators like reaper, tsangan and mkawa. That is your all star team for bringing an end to GH. I'll be sharing some shady conversations I've had with these moderators in the past and you guys can all judge for yourself.
honestly I don't know what happened to us, we were fine and chatting then one day I see cheap blows to me, I'm not sure what I did to make you dislike me so much as a person.

if it was something I did, I definitely didn't mean it and I apologize

but as a person that has chatted with you for a good year and we had some good laughs over the year I feel that at the very least you can tell me what I honestly did to you to make you hate me?
A direct copy and paste from my email:

You became a moderator, started deleting my posts, and stopped fighting the good cause. Now you're rolling with mkawa's and reaper's team, which means you're not rolling with me. I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators.

tp4tissue

31 Jan 2013, 05:13

DanGWanG wrote:
tsangan wrote:
DanGWanG wrote:I've been prepping for a meeting since last night and want to properly address my opinions about this whole subject. In short, its complete bs and I'm in no rush to return if its going to be ruled by shitty moderators like reaper, tsangan and mkawa. That is your all star team for bringing an end to GH. I'll be sharing some shady conversations I've had with these moderators in the past and you guys can all judge for yourself.
honestly I don't know what happened to us, we were fine and chatting then one day I see cheap blows to me, I'm not sure what I did to make you dislike me so much as a person.

if it was something I did, I definitely didn't mean it and I apologize

but as a person that has chatted with you for a good year and we had some good laughs over the year I feel that at the very least you can tell me what I honestly did to you to make you hate me?
A direct copy and paste from my email:

You became a moderator, started deleting my posts, and stopped fighting the good cause. Now you're rolling with mkawa's and reaper's team, which means you're not rolling with me. I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators.
By rolling you mean.... flick... ssssssss... cough cough... that's rich... :geek:

or

hashbaz

31 Jan 2013, 05:26

Anarchy of moderators? Look I don't like how marketplace-centric GH has become either, but lighten up bro. Do you have some positive ideas for how to fix things?

DanGWanG

31 Jan 2013, 05:29

hashbaz wrote:Anarchy of moderators? Look I don't like how marketplace-centric GH has become either, but lighten up bro. Do you have some positive ideas for how to fix things?
You guys can start by reading some of my threads regarding classifieds in your feedback area. Consider a ban list, threadcrapping totally allowed or totally moderated, stop protecting shady sellers and consider warning people before potential bans and/or suspensions and/or post deletions. Don't let reaper rule the world, and why the hell would you guys have a rule against talking about banned members?

hashbaz

31 Jan 2013, 05:46

I'm with you on the threadcrapping thing. I like the recent discussion about only disallowing ad hominems.

Also with you on the banned member discussion. It's probably a reaction to the ripster debacle, but is silly in general.

Can you give an example of a shady seller that was protected?

TAdams

31 Jan 2013, 06:33

I have not spent much time on gh to know the ins and outs. From my experience I got offended by 2 things. While I understand the reasoning, I cannot agree with the solution/rules enacted. For example:

Min post count for marketplace-posting in marketplace.

And not sure this one was actually finalized, or just being discussed - post delay/max post for new users.

The reason for the first one is terrible and must have been made by first time admin/mods. They don't trust new members and want to get to know you... Aka to build trust. When in fact, it is generally the people that have been around for awhile and that you do trust that will abuse that trust and con/steal from you.

On the second, it is just a dumb idea. Hey lets make a community and nurture it so it groes! Hey lets limit new users to 1 post per 12 hours or some silly crap like that, and hide some great forums from them! Yeah that will make them sorry bastards love our forums!

Ps if some souless person can't stick up for themselves when trying to over charge, aka scam, some unkowing buyer then the mods should surely not step in to do it for them. I mean seriously, who is going to make those sellers dinner or fold their laundry or change their diapers too when they cry about that?!

dirge

31 Jan 2013, 07:54

hashbaz wrote:I'm with you on the threadcrapping thing. I like the recent discussion about only disallowing ad hominems.

Also with you on the banned member discussion. It's probably a reaction to the ripster debacle, but is silly in general.

Any sale where the price was above what you see as fair really. If mods cannot control sufficiently then allow the community to self govern.

Ovoxo

31 Jan 2013, 08:01

TAdams wrote:I have not spent much time on gh to know the ins and outs. From my experience I got offended by 2 things. While I understand the reasoning, I cannot agree with the solution/rules enacted. For example:

Min post count for marketplace-posting in marketplace.

And not sure this one was actually finalized, or just being discussed - post delay/max post for new users.

The reason for the first one is terrible and must have been made by first time admin/mods. They don't trust new members and want to get to know you... Aka to build trust. When in fact, it is generally the people that have been around for awhile and that you do trust that will abuse that trust and con/steal from you.

On the second, it is just a dumb idea. Hey lets make a community and nurture it so it groes! Hey lets limit new users to 1 post per 12 hours or some silly crap like that, and hide some great forums from them! Yeah that will make them sorry bastards love our forums!

Ps if some souless person can't stick up for themselves when trying to over charge, aka scam, some unkowing buyer then the mods should surely not step in to do it for them. I mean seriously, who is going to make those sellers dinner or fold their laundry or change their diapers too when they cry about that?!
I actually like the min post count rule for the classifieds. If you want to sell something on GH you should at least contribute to the community first. It prevents people registering for GH just for the sole purpose of selling.

And although I don't totally agree with the min post for new members, I believe it was implemented so people cannot spam their way to the min post count.

And yes I agree, GH is not what it used to be. Sigh...

tsangan

31 Jan 2013, 08:42

Ovoxo wrote:
I actually like the min post count rule for the classifieds. If you want to sell something on GH you should at least contribute to the community first. It prevents people registering for GH just for the sole purpose of selling.

And although I don't totally agree with the min post for new members, I believe it was implemented so people cannot spam their way to the min post count.

And yes I agree, GH is not what it used to be. Sigh...
Even with that in place there has been many incidents where users with posts counts of <100 that has been a mess, some users will attest to this. I do understand the frustration as I often feel the same way when I join other new forums and there is such rule.
dirge wrote:
hashbaz wrote:I'm with you on the threadcrapping thing. I like the recent discussion about only disallowing ad hominems.

Any sale where the price was above what you see as fair really. If mods cannot control sufficiently then allow the community to self govern.
having it self govern is a very fine line (what is the medium we are comparing to? original sale price? Original sale price minus usage = new price?) which will lead to many many arguments and in turn can be personal. If someone wants to pay that much for an item who's to say they can't (or it will lead to a lot of "PM me to offer price" threads which I also dislike)

You can also say that if a person does not get the "high" amount he wants then he rather not sell while another person is willing to pay above cost because they really want the item, in this case its a win win. Of course you can also have a person that over charges and a random new user will overpay not knowing of another way to get such item or a lower price around that exists (happened to me before more then once, since you're new you are itching to get your hands on stuff)

Pre-moderation did not have any rules that govern price either, and there has been many OLD users have sold things that I thought was high but someone was willing to pay, and some of those users are also the ones that dislike moderation, so this will anger them more?

i do understand this concern very much but I don't feel like there is a "right" answer, you're asking a community that is used to an system to change it to another there will be people that like it and people that hate it, exactly the same situation as when the admin/moderator team was formed

fossala
Elite +1

31 Jan 2013, 08:50

Did someone mention shaving?!

KangarooZombies

31 Jan 2013, 09:07

Just saw the thread on this over at GH, sorry to see you go Dan, its a real shame. It did cause me to make account over here at DT though :D

Also, hi DT folk.

akujiwa

31 Jan 2013, 09:34

And I am here!

Limmy

31 Jan 2013, 16:15

tsangan wrote: having it self govern is a very fine line (what is the medium we are comparing to? original sale price? Original sale price minus usage = new price?) which will lead to many many arguments and in turn can be personal. If someone wants to pay that much for an item who's to say they can't (or it will lead to a lot of "PM me to offer price" threads which I also dislike)

You can also say that if a person does not get the "high" amount he wants then he rather not sell while another person is willing to pay above cost because they really want the item, in this case its a win win. Of course you can also have a person that over charges and a random new user will overpay not knowing of another way to get such item or a lower price around that exists (happened to me before more then once, since you're new you are itching to get your hands on stuff)
I don't have any problem people squandering away their money. However, I have serious concern about people being deceived. Many do not know if a price is above usual market price or not. People who are knowingly and willingly paying extra to get what they want would buy them even if prices are more than usual prices. They will buy them even if other members say they are expensive. Then, why ban commenting on prices? This whole threadcrapping fobia is just silly to me.

I completely agree on DanGWang's points on thread crapping ban. What is so wrong about expressing one's opinion on fair prices? I just don't get the downside of them, therefore I do not see the need for the ban on such comments.

Acanthophis

31 Jan 2013, 16:18

Downside of price discussion in a sell thread? None.
But people seem to be offended by that on GH.
It's like online gaming with kiddies. They react the same way, doesn't matter how constructive your critic is...

longweight
key-bored

31 Jan 2013, 16:45

It's not so much the comments on price but the huge amount of "I can't afford that so I am going to complain that you get". If all the comments were about how much the set or board was originally and that it is now rare so the price is higher then great, I would welcome that but GH has a large number of members who would comment because they can't afford it.

Acanthophis

31 Jan 2013, 16:52

I've done that occasionally, not on GH, though.
I see no harm in it. If the seller does, not my poop.
I would be happy if someone craps in my sale threads :/

DanGWanG

31 Jan 2013, 16:56

What I'm wondering is, why did it take my subtle threats of releasing information on people and banning me (and others) for you guys to step up and start discussing this topic? In my thread on GH, I barely got any communication from moderators and here we have 2 long replies and even some consideration of changing rules.

If GH moderators were adamant on listening to their community from the start, we wouldn't be here on another forum discussing rules.

baldgye

31 Jan 2013, 17:59

Acanthophis wrote:I've done that occasionally, not on GH, though.
I see no harm in it. If the seller does, not my poop.
I would be happy if someone craps in my sale threads :/
agreed, becasue if your selling something and there are people activly talking about it... guess which popular thread is gona stay at the top of the pile?

DanGWanG

31 Jan 2013, 18:35

Before I got banned, the thread that I got banned for promoted threadcrapping. As you (the GH moderators) clearly saw, there was no harm in it and the OP (myself) still got what I was looking for.

DanGWanG

31 Jan 2013, 20:30

hashbaz wrote:Can you give an example of a shady seller that was protected?
Try to look for my thread in my subforum regarding Cactux. Oh wait, you can't find it? Not surprised, reaper deleted it even though I asked if we could keep it. Reaper has messaged me many times about cooling it with Cactux. See a correlation there?

I do. The correlation I see is that reaper protected Cactux, even though he was a shady seller.

korne

31 Jan 2013, 20:34

DanGWanG wrote:
Try to look for my thread in my subforum regarding Cactux. Oh wait, you can't find it? Not surprised, reaper deleted it even though I asked if we could keep it. Reaper has messaged me many times about cooling it with Cactux. See a correlation there?

I do. The correlation I see is that reaper protected Cactux, even though he was a shady seller.
Cactux is the same guy that deleted his account here because the negative comment's on his sale thread?

http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/ ... t4970.html

:lol: :lol: :lol:

longweight
key-bored

31 Jan 2013, 20:40

There isn't anything shady about him he just wants to get a high price for his goods, that doesn't make him shady.

baldgye

31 Jan 2013, 20:51

korne wrote:
DanGWanG wrote:

Cactux is the same guy that deleted his account here because the negative comment's on his sale thread?

http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/ ... t4970.html

:lol: :lol: :lol:
It always seemed like everything he tried to sell was super overpriced... but your not really allowed to question it on GH.. so its pretty funny and nice to read though that thread and the dressing down he got on here :D

Return to “Off-topic”