Anyone else here that stands up at work?

hoggy

29 Apr 2011, 16:37

My employer kindly got hold of one of these for me.

As it slides up and down with minimal fuss, I can alternate between sitting and standing whenever I want a change.

The downside is that the keyboard tray only supports 1.4kg - more than enough for most users, but it means the heavier keyboards in my collection just aren't suitable. The tray is a little on the narrow side too, compact and tenkeyless keyboards really come into their own on one of these.

I've splashed out on an anti-fatique mat too. Well worth the money.

itlnstln

29 Apr 2011, 17:35

I am definitely not a stander. I like my chairs.

It's nice your employer hooked you up. You don't hear too much of that going on these days.

wanabe

30 Apr 2011, 00:46

who makes those tables?

Crazy9000

30 Apr 2011, 04:40

I imagine that stand is fairly spendy, pretty cool they got one for you so you can stand.

Looks more ergonomic then my work setup. Image

ripster

30 Apr 2011, 05:03

Are you the guy that turned Jeff Goldblum into a Fly?

hoggy

30 Apr 2011, 11:35

The stand isn't cheap, but cheaper than a monitor arm and a keyboard tray with less travel.

To be honest, I love using the thing, after a few days it becomes natural and you don't notice if you are sitting or standing for most of the time. When you do notice - it's time to swap.

The big problem is that it really just steals your desk. Your desk just becomes some large shelf at the wrong height and a little bit of a stretch away. The desks in their images really aren't all that suitable for the device. I think I might be better off if I mount it on a shelf unit to the side instead...

TheSoulhunter

30 Apr 2011, 13:44

Crazy9000 wrote:I imagine that stand is fairly spendy, pretty cool they got one for you so you can stand.

Looks more ergonomic then my work setup. Image
A CNC-milling-machine?

Return to “Off-topic”