The Deskthority Cooking Thread

mr_a500

28 Aug 2019, 23:40

I just made pizza again.

pizza Aug 28.jpg
pizza Aug 28.jpg (573.42 KiB) Viewed 277 times
The dough is only 4 ingredients (according to Naples pizza makers): flour, yeast, salt and water. That's it. The sauce is an organic tomato sauce (uncooked) with olive oil, fresh oregano, fresh basil, salt and pepper. Toppings are olives, mozzarella, a tiny bit of cheddar and fresh basil (I was out of portabello mushrooms, which I normally add). The cost of this awesome pizza is only around $12 (Canadian!).

I've made even better pizzas before, but my new "high-tech" oven - with computer controlled bullshit (which turns off broil without me asking it to) is far worse than any oven designed in the 1950's.

pizza.JPG
pizza.JPG (869.6 KiB) Viewed 277 times

tigpha

29 Aug 2019, 09:33

Pizza! :-)

The oven wouldn't happen to be Internet Connected, or Smart, perchance? Any specific brand I should choose to avoid?

mr_a500

29 Aug 2019, 12:15

It's a GE Profile. What a piece of shit. It seems to be programmed to avoid burning out the cheap heating elements rather than for proper cooking. Everything has 2 temperatures: maximum and off - and it decides when to turn them on and off. It's almost like the HAL 9000 of ovens.

"Turn on the broil, HAL"
"I can't do that, Dave."
"Turn on the f-king broil now! And stop calling me 'Dave'".
"I'm sorry, Dave, but I just can't do that."

vometia
irritant

29 Aug 2019, 16:42

PlacaFromHell

01 Sep 2019, 05:46

I love to cook :D there you have some of my abominations:

Italian pizza dough with pategrás cheese

Homemade smash burger with onions and bacon (I had no cheese :| )

Hokkaido milk bread, it burned a bit

Return to “Off-topic”