Keyboard Imageboard

Wibox

29 Jun 2011, 18:29

I thought it might be fun to have an imageboard for keyboard discussion. I put one together here: http://ykbds.com

Planning on adding sound clip uploads to go along with images, if anyone has any other suggestions let me know.

Also let me know if linking to another keyboard website is discouraged here :)

sixty
Gasbag Guru

29 Jun 2011, 18:37

Cool! I like it. Had this idea too a long time ago but figured there would be too little interest. What software are you running? I run a somewhat bigger image board and I'm looking to upgrade, since wakaba-x is kinda outdated by now.

Wibox

29 Jun 2011, 19:00

ah, I figured it would be quicker just to write my own for a single-board website.

There are two files and both are written in python- one for viewing the board and threads, and one for posting. Combined it's a total of 314 lines (comments included).

And look ma, no <table>s

One abnormalty to normal imageboards is how files are handled. If you noticed, filenames are an incremental ID similarly to post IDs. This makes it so when you post an image that's already been posted, instead of denying you the privilage it simply uses the original file and fileid. Also, it makes it so when you delete an offensive image it deletes it from every thread its ever been posted in. And finally it leaves the possiblitiy for imageID "get"s

Here's the schema if you're interested. I just do a left join on the posts and files.

CREATE TABLE `bans` (
`ip` varchar(15) DEFAULT NULL,
`expr` datetime DEFAULT NULL,
`reason` text
)

CREATE TABLE `files` (
`fid` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`dimension` varchar(25) DEFAULT NULL,
`md5` char(32) DEFAULT NULL,
`size` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
`filename` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
`ext` varchar(10) DEFAULT NULL,