Best keycaps

Rimrul

10 Dec 2016, 21:35

Sponsored by:
Voters have a chance at winning a Matias Tactile Pro from The Keyboard Company!

Winner:
Official nominees for Best keycaps were:

• EnjoyPBT
  • GMK Carbon
  • Nantucket Selectric
  • Skidata+
  • Realforce/HHKB stock keycaps

The Wingnut, as voted for by the keyboard community, goes to...
Spoiler:
GMK Carbon
T0mb3ry's popular Carbon set is back. The popular colourway became available in Cherry profile for the first time.
Thick doubleshot keycaps in a highly sought after colour scheme made in Germany? This was a good recipe for a successful group buy.

Runners-up:
Spoiler:
2nd place: EnjoyPBT
These are thick PBT dyesubs in Cherry profile with many colour and printing options. What more can you ask for in the world of PBT keycaps?

3rd place: Nantucket Selectric
Skullydazed put a nautical spin on his Modern Selectric set that was insired by the IBM selectric family of typewriters with this set of keycaps. Its different colours attracted a new audience, but many buyers of the original set came back for seconds.

Honorable mentions:
Spoiler:
Skidata+
Karura worked closely together with GMK to make this set's quality unbeatable. His modifications included reformulated plastics for increased colour accuracy and minimized light bleed. When combined with wide layout compatibility and colourful accents, one arrives at the set shown below:

Realforce/HHKB stock keycaps
Many consider bone stock Topre keycaps to be the best, even when compared with aftermarket alternatives. Regardless, they're nice PBT caps that blow most stock sets out of the water.

CoffeeHamster

10 Dec 2016, 21:38

Congrats to the winner! Sad that my vote didn't win, but at least it was the same color scheme :D

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

11 Dec 2016, 00:24

It's hard to vote against GMK Carbon. I don't even care for fancy keycaps anymore, but they are hard to resist.

OutragedPudding

11 Dec 2016, 00:35

Great results for this category! Love all the keysets here

Halvar

11 Dec 2016, 01:51

Carbon is such a cool set! Congrats. I hope for this to become a classic and a DE set somewhere in the future.

Tombery

11 Dec 2016, 09:48

Damn!

This is very special for me, since the whole community have a right to vote. Thats massive!
I'd like to thank everyone who voted for GMK Carbon. I did not voted here since Carbon was nominated, but honestly this would be tough choice for me personaly because so many great keysets were nominated.

Thank you and thank you DT for involving the whole community! :)

Wodan
ISO Advocate

11 Dec 2016, 10:04

Let's face it, GMK Carbon has taken the crown for a good reason - it will be remebered as _the_ keycap set of 2016. Thanks for rocking the GMK world Tombery.

There were other great sets and I personally voted for Skidata+ because I wanted to give appreciation to the community GB over the Massdrop GB. Thanks Karura for putting so much of your time into Skidata+

LeandreN

11 Dec 2016, 15:54

Wodan wrote: Let's face it, GMK Carbon has taken the crown for a good reason - it will be remebered as _the_ keycap set of 2016. Thanks for rocking the GMK world Tombery.

There were other great sets and I personally voted for Skidata+ because I wanted to give appreciation to the community GB over the Massdrop GB. Thanks Karura for putting so much of your time into Skidata+

And so hyped for my ISO Nordic GMK carbon :O

ohaimark
Kingpin

11 Dec 2016, 22:02

Skullydazed blocked his PM inbox at GH. If you want him to get some swag, let him know he needs to send me his shipping address.

chuckdee

12 Dec 2016, 18:43

ohaimark wrote: Skullydazed blocked his PM inbox at GH. If you want him to get some swag, let him know he needs to send me his shipping address.
message him at info@clueboard.co. He blocked his inbox because with the clueboard GB and the nantucket selectric, he was getting too many PMs, and couldn't keep up with them, so moved to only accepting correspondence by e-mail so he wouldn't miss any.

MrDuul

02 Jun 2017, 15:15

This is very exciting.

nivloM droL

17 Nov 2017, 07:17

:D

Return to “Results”