Convince me to make DT my primary forum -- I'm nervous

kbdfr
The Tiproman

29 Oct 2015, 17:11

Happy birthday, XMIT!
seebart wrote: I know kbdfr is something like 90. :mrgreen:
Not quite yet.
I wonder whether I'll grow even grumpier with age, but for now this is for you, seebart:
Spoiler:

:mrgreen:

kbdfr
The Tiproman

29 Oct 2015, 17:13

ohaimark wrote: […] I get replies that are actual sentences here. Considering the cesspit that is the internet, that in and of itself is unique.
I particularly appreciate the fact that posters here actually even make use of punctuation marks :mrgreen:

andrewjoy

29 Oct 2015, 17:20

ohaimark wrote: You've convinced me. The fact that I added a wiki page and haven't been screamed at yet is also positive...

I'll gradually migrate things here over the next week or so.
Hey we are happy for someone to work on the wiki

After doing one for my old work and having to fix everyones crappy work for every single page i did not do, i think i have had quite enough wiki editing for a few years.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

29 Oct 2015, 19:04

ohaimark wrote: Well, I'm 20. I write like I'm 50; training to be a technical writer does that to you.
Good writing is timeless.

Hypersphere

29 Oct 2015, 19:11

ohaimark: There is no requirement to adopt any particular forum as "primary". Contribute to various forums. You will naturally gravitate to one that feels the most comfortable for you most of the time. However, regardless of which forum gets most of your attention, there will be times when you may wish to contribute to others.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

29 Oct 2015, 19:15

Hypersphere wrote: ohaimark: There is no requirement to adopt any particular forum as "primary". Contribute to various forums. You will naturally gravitate to one that feels the most comfortable for you most of the time. However, regardless of which forum gets most of your attention, there will be times when you may wish to contribute to others.
Right, if anything you need to convince yourself by spending some time here and then decide if you want to spend more time here contributing of just informing yourself. You'll know soon enough.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

30 Oct 2015, 09:35

kbdfr wrote:
ohaimark wrote: […] I get replies that are actual sentences here. Considering the cesspit that is the internet, that in and of itself is unique.
I particularly appreciate the fact that posters here actually even make use of punctuation marks :mrgreen:
isn't THAT ironic? :lol:

zslane

30 Oct 2015, 19:26

GH feels like an alien planet to me. This place feels like home, despite the fact that most of its inhabitants are Europeans, while I am American. I'll take Europeans over inscrutable aliens any time.

JBert

05 Nov 2015, 21:31

Well thanks, I guess?

DGMurdockIII

15 Nov 2015, 08:43

courtesi

24 Jan 2016, 01:03

never mind ... I've got nothing
Last edited by courtesi on 24 Jan 2016, 06:12, edited 1 time in total.

bocahgundul
Sell me 5k please

24 Jan 2016, 01:14

I love DT but its just too quite in here

Muirium
µ

24 Jan 2016, 01:43

Too quiet for some is just right for others. We have no current plans to take out GH or Reddit, so the choice is all yours!

webwit
Wild Duck

24 Jan 2016, 01:45

That and time zones. We can fix that by making Muirium stay in the States.

Muirium
µ

24 Jan 2016, 01:49

I'll man Hawaii if we can handle it with club funds…

It's a tough beach but someone's gotta do it.

bocahgundul
Sell me 5k please

24 Jan 2016, 01:49

yep I think deskthority is a good place to chill and seek knowledge about vintage board so for anyone who likes vintage board stay here, and all the user here are friendly and less drama than GH

ohaimark
Kingpin

24 Jan 2016, 01:54

I wasn't expecting this to be necro'd.

courtesi

24 Jan 2016, 01:57

ohaimark wrote: I wasn't expecting this to be necro'd.
"nerco'd"? What does this mean?

ohaimark
Kingpin

24 Jan 2016, 02:00

Oops. Must not be standard terminology here.

"Necro'd" = thread necromancy. If the thread has been "dead" for a long time and someone posts in it, they bring it back to "life."

Parjánya

24 Jan 2016, 02:04

Reddit is decent if you have the patience to sift through all those posts... but I really can't understand how could anyone bear staying in GH, it's so... so much noise I find it hard to be worth the trouble. And I'm still to find what's the deal with artisan keycaps, too. Alas the old grumpy age : o ).

Muirium
µ

24 Jan 2016, 02:07

Necro is pretty standard terminology here too:

search.php?keywords=Necro&terms=all&aut ... mit=Search

People love to do it every once in a while. Strange but true.

ohaimark
Kingpin

24 Jan 2016, 02:11

Artisan caps are, in 99.99% of cases, ugly. Agreed on the SNR.

I'm 20, though apparently I have the same opinions as my elders.

Muirium
µ

24 Jan 2016, 02:51

I'd say 90%. I've seen maybe 5 or so that I really like. And I've surely not looked at more than 50 in total.

But then again, since they're forever on Snoopy's and Madhias' boards, perhaps it's not a representative sample!

ohaimark
Kingpin

24 Jan 2016, 03:09

I think it's subjective. I have the same reaction to some modern art, which by no means stops that art from selling for millions of dollars.

Muirium
µ

24 Jan 2016, 03:27

Yeah, there's definitely a market for the various Brobots and Gas Masks. I'm just more conservative / picky about it, like you. If I'm going to pull a perfectly good Escape key off my keyboard, the replacement had better be something nice!

photos-f62/kishsaver-photothread-t7483- ... sh#p180240

bocahgundul
Sell me 5k please

24 Jan 2016, 04:26

Now thats a board and a clack that I like really nice board you got that is that powder coated? 8-)

Muirium
µ

24 Jan 2016, 04:28

Click the link below the image. It's not mine.

bocahgundul
Sell me 5k please

24 Jan 2016, 04:37

Oh I see thats snoopy board but damn that kish is really really beautiful!

Return to “Deskthority talk”