Matt_

25 Jan 2016, 22:41

seebart wrote:
hypkx wrote: Nice new badge :)
Yeah good looking, is that your work matt3o ? It's got tiny ducks too. :lol:
... and RGB backlight! (on hover)

tentator

25 Jan 2016, 22:44

I joined in 2013 when I started looking for something that could remind me my beloved (and gone) model Ms I had in the past and dismissed because of their aged connector (if I only would have known about micro controllers/converters back then!! :)) and also too big size for me... a real problem for me is the distance between mouse and keyboard.. even if in general I tend to use consoles, cascading window managers, etc to limit mouse use, I really love trackpoints and would dream of having them in mechanical keyboards.
I already used some Cherry MX blues that I really felt the closest to what I was looking for but if mouse has to be I wanted it small and maybe even bluetooth and with some fore/backlight.. well all of this at the same moment is maybe still a dream but I remember that I started to dream with Matt3os Brownfox (that I just recently realized is now become true), with the qHACK or the miniguru (unfortunately dead project well).. but in the end thanks to the many interesting discussions and informations I will soon take courage and start a real project thanks to DT, where I will do a 65% with arrows, try to squeeze in a trackpoint and also an optional bluetooth controller next to the teensy (based on the ez-blue from adafruit) and see if it will become true :)
Thanks to all for the great community then!

webwit
Wild Duck

25 Jan 2016, 23:19

Matt_ wrote: ... and RGB backlight! (on hover)
The CSS for this might possibly crash 7bit's browser.

Prelim

25 Jan 2016, 23:35

happy birthday bros ;)

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

25 Jan 2016, 23:43

Boy, this thread is taking me down memory lane.

trenzafeeds

26 Jan 2016, 00:25

I joined because someone told me to I think. I'm not very active (I've recently been taking a break from GH as well), but hopefully I can start being a bit more involved.

cookie

26 Jan 2016, 00:44

I'd love to win that damn thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

26 Jan 2016, 03:08

The only topre I have tried is XMIT's Hipro, so winning the novatouch would be awesome.

Just floss modded my F122, it definitely sounds better but I feel something is... missing. Doesn't feel as good as it should :|

bhtooefr

26 Jan 2016, 03:36

So what would a Deskthority beer even be?

Reinheitsgebot legal, even though that's a relic of a past era, because those kiddies making impure beers are below us? :lol:

Muirium
µ

26 Jan 2016, 03:46

The DT beer is like the DT keyboard: whatever you want it to be. We're never going to all agree on just the one!

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

26 Jan 2016, 03:50

Whoa.... The new anniversary button is sick 8-)

Muirium
µ

26 Jan 2016, 04:06

For posterity's sake:
Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 7.04.20 pm.png
Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 7.04.20 pm.png (223.61 KiB) Viewed 5913 times
I hadn't seen the backlight until now! (No such thing as "hover" on touchscreens.)

pyrelink

26 Jan 2016, 07:32

Happy 5 years everyone!

It was HaaTa (and Parak.... I think???) who lead me here to Deskthority. I started on Reddit, looking to get my Honeywell Reed switch keyboard identified, and wound up with a pretty informative PM from HaaTa and a request for more pictures from (who I think was) Parak, with HaaTa offering to buy the keyboard off of me, but also gave a lot of good information with plenty of resources and references from DT. After about a year of being fed up with the lack of good information retention, and no focus on learning and working on things on Reddit, I followed those links and posted my Honeywell keyboard (and a bunch of others) here, and never looked back.

Only sad that I have been far too busy of late to spend much time here. I try to check in when I can though!

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

26 Jan 2016, 08:02

I'm glad to announce that Cooler Master joined the celebration and offered a brand new Novatouch that will be gifted to one Deskthority user.
Let me thank Bram from Cooler Master who --once again-- proved to be the coolest guy!
Very happy to "sponsor" this anniversary guys! The forum has been kind to me over the past year and a half since I joined so this NovaTouch TKL will be sure to go to a happy owner! So you guys are more then welcome and well deserved!

So to everyone involved here, keep up the good community work and enjoy happy typing, congrats!! :mrgreen:

derzemel

26 Jan 2016, 08:42

wohoooo.... happy birthday DT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for being nice to me when I fist joined (even if I was bit of a prick) and educating me in the magic of serious keyboard collecting :D

quochung1989
Vintage Cherry Collector

26 Jan 2016, 09:01

Why do I know DT? Sound as ridiculous. I found it while I 'm finding some places I can buy somethings I like :lol:

kbdfr
The Tiproman

26 Jan 2016, 09:10

Without knowing anything about keyboards (but already buying weird old programmable ones), I had been typing professionally on a Cherry G80-2100 (with 24 programmable keys) for many years when I decided to replace it with its successor, the G81-8308. Typing on it was such an awful experience that instead I first experimented with additional programmable keypads: Anker, Preh, Genovation - until I bought a 8x8 matrix Tipro, thankfully re-discovering the typing feeling I had been used to.

From there it would have been only a short way to DT - had it existed at that time :lol:

I kept googling keywords from time to time, but without even thinking of doing it in English :lol:
and so one day I stumbled upon someone reporting a problem which I happened to know the answer for.

That's how I came to DT, which at that time was not quite 2 months old.

7bit

26 Jan 2016, 09:18

webwit wrote:
Matt_ wrote: ... and RGB backlight! (on hover)
The CSS for this might possibly crash 7bit's browser.
No way!
:-)

Ascaii
The Beard

26 Jan 2016, 14:48

hoggy wrote: Luckily for me, Ascaii invited me over from geekhack.
:D

stuplarosa
AltGr

26 Jan 2016, 15:53

Rats. I guess I found DT too late to be considered for the giveaway. Oh well...

I stumbled on this club when I was looking for some way to fix my trusty filco that started having USB connection issues. Fortunately, my timing was perfect (except for the giveaway) and I was just in time for White Fox and "Last" Granite.

Muirium
µ

26 Jan 2016, 20:24

Good news. As secretary, I can tell you lots of people are signing up for DT Club today. That's the way we cover hosting costs, by the way. We're up above 100 active members now.

Anyone who wants to join in: just PM me about it.

Parjánya

26 Jan 2016, 22:31

I've found DT on 2013, September 6 2013 to be exact, when I was researching all the variations of Cherry MX switches. It was around that time that my second keyboard, an early IBM rubber dome, died, and I had trouble finding anything I liked to replace it. It was then that I remembered about model Ms and started reading about it, and so I lurked for a long time before registering, and about a year more before posting anything. Prolly my first post was asking about round 5, in which I got much more interested than it would be wise :-o to.

Zaphir

27 Jan 2016, 01:17

Happy 5th Anniversary Deskthority! :)

I found this forum a few months ago when I was told that there was a Portuguese section here. Then I decided to join and, well, here we are today.

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Jan 2016, 01:21

I don't know what they are talking about in the Portuguese section, but I have this gloomy feeling that they're scheming to take over the (keyboard) world each night.

Prelim

27 Jan 2016, 01:49

Portuguese conquered the world, so why not? :P

rddm

27 Jan 2016, 01:50

No no no, we just spam all topics to seem like we have action.

I am a recent member too, and a pain in the ass. Maybe we will have a meeting just because I'm revolutionary.
Photos soon. I promise a dedicatory.

Happy 5th Anniversary

Zaphir

27 Jan 2016, 01:51

webwit wrote: I don't know what they are talking about in the Portuguese section, but I have this gloomy feeling that they're scheming to take over the (keyboard) world each night.
I won't confirm nor deny your suspicions sir. ;)

Why don't you pay us a visit someday.
You might even learn some bits of our language. We don't bite (and we may have beer!, not near our boards though that would be rather careless). :lol:

Zaphir

27 Jan 2016, 01:54

It looks like I was a little too slow.
These two fine chaps beat me to that post. :P

(don't reveal our master plan guys, please)

Omnissiah

27 Jan 2016, 02:51

Happy birthday Mech comrades !!!

cml

27 Jan 2016, 05:26

Damn insomnia...

I joined because everytime I looked up some keyboard I remembered to be good—better than today’s crappy standards—a link to deskthority emerged. I guessed DT was the gold-standard for quality keyboards discussion.

Return to “Deskthority talk”