Post your deskthority header images here

mr_a500

10 Jun 2017, 19:59

Who is the current "head honcho guy in charge of headers"? :D I have a request...

Can we please get rid of my keypad header (blurry, bad angle):

Image

...and replace it with my blue Micro Switch header that I much preferred, which is now inactive:

Image

I also want to put descriptions on my headers, which at the moment all say "No info available". How do I do that - and is there a proper format, like username/keyboard/switch/description?

User avatar
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

10 Jun 2017, 20:03

mr_a500 wrote: Who is the current "head honcho guy in charge of headers"? :D I have a request...
Since Muirium is gone matt3o is handling the headers (amongst much else).

I like both of those, in fact I might have suggested your Micro Switch keypad.

User avatar
matt3o
-[°_°]-

10 Jun 2017, 20:16

I've put the DT keycaps, just because of... well... DT :P

User avatar
cookie

13 Jun 2017, 16:04

seebart wrote:
mr_a500 wrote: Who is the current "head honcho guy in charge of headers"? :D I have a request...
Since Muirium is gone matt3o is handling the headers (amongst much else).

I like both of those, in fact I might have suggested your Micro Switch keypad.
Will he ever return? I hope so, since he's gone the overall pace has slowed down here...

mr_a500

14 Jun 2017, 03:09

Testing...
ICL header.jpg
Image

Edit: No, I don't think they quite work. I want my blue keyboard back! wah, wah!
Last edited by mr_a500 on 14 Jun 2017, 20:46, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

14 Jun 2017, 10:43

mr_a500 wrote: Edit: No, I don't think they quite work. I want my blue keyboard back! wah, wah!
I like both, I've used that top image here before but this works well.

mr_a500

14 Jun 2017, 20:49

I think this works better:
ICL header2.jpg
(I originally "seebarted" it, but it'll probably get missed that way. "Seebarting" seems to only work for seebart.)

...and of course, this one :D
Image

User avatar
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

14 Jun 2017, 21:00

mr_a500 wrote: (I originally "seebarted" it, but it'll probably get missed that way. "Seebarting" seems to only work for seebart.)
That is correct although I don't seebart so much anymore, meme's are my bad habit of choice these days. Anyway all four headers work well so no need to edit anything around anymore. :mrgreen:

Thing is matt3o does not update the headers much anymore after I bombarded this thread with many brilliant headers for months and months (those last 81 months when you held your Canadian grizzly wintersleep). :maverick:

This one is my fave:
ICL header2.jpg
ICL header2.jpg (60.86 KiB) Viewed 1781 times

mr_a500

17 Jun 2017, 21:13

mr_a500 wrote: I also want to put descriptions on my headers, which at the moment all say "No info available". How do I do that - and is there a proper format, like username/keyboard/switch/description?
Why is my question being ignored?

I was perfectly happy with my headers being used without credit before, but now that we have this info thing, I want to have the same credit for my work as everybody else here has for their headers. If that's too much to ask for, then delete all my current headers:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Slom

17 Jun 2017, 21:16

Add your desired info to the pictures in your post and wait for matt3o to add them? He seems to be a busy person these days, so have some faith an patience :)

User avatar
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

17 Jun 2017, 21:43

mr_a500 wrote:
mr_a500 wrote: I also want to put descriptions on my headers, which at the moment all say "No info available". How do I do that - and is there a proper format, like username/keyboard/switch/description?
Why is my question being ignored?

I was perfectly happy with my headers being used without credit before, but now that we have this info thing, I want to have the same credit for my work as everybody else here has for their headers. If that's too much to ask for, then delete all my current headers:
No one is ignoring you, tell me EXACTLY what the captions are supposed to read and I'll add them and stopp yapping like a Canadian yackety-yack. Also ENABLE your PM's ! :x :!:

headers.php

I added "By mr_a500" to those you listed since I don't know what keyboards exactly those are. The reason they were not captioned is because you were absent for quite a long time and I cannot remember all those keyboards.

User avatar
matt3o
-[°_°]-

18 Jun 2017, 08:43

mr_a500 wrote: Why is my question being ignored?

I was perfectly happy with my headers being used without credit before, but now that we have this info thing, I want to have the same credit for my work as everybody else here has for their headers. If that's too much to ask for, then delete all my current headers:
I love the right attitude first thing in the morning

User avatar
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

18 Jun 2017, 09:06

matt3o wrote: I love the right attitude first thing in the morning
I did not know who's images those were and he was absent for many months! There are still a few active ones that I cannot caption since I don't recognise them. :roll: :(

User avatar
matt3o
-[°_°]-

18 Jun 2017, 09:10

seebart wrote:
matt3o wrote: I love the right attitude first thing in the morning
I did not know who's images those were and he was absent for many months! There are still a few active ones that I cannot caption since I don't recognise them. :roll: :(
sorry, mate. bear with me I hadn't coffee yet. My message was not mean to you of course. On the contrary, thank you for all your help!

User avatar
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

18 Jun 2017, 09:16

There is no problem here, mr_a500 asked for his headers to be captioned and I did although I don't know the details of the keyboards but we can add those later. webwit added the header "i" information button while mr_a500 was absent which is why mr_a500's headers had no description.

User avatar
matt3o
-[°_°]-

18 Jun 2017, 09:25

I removed the banners, just to be safe. Room for new banners! What are you waiting for?

User avatar
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

18 Jun 2017, 18:09

matt3o wrote: I removed the banners, just to be safe. Room for new banners! What are you waiting for?

Alright matt3o, here's a selection of the recent "best of the best" we never used: :P
TDDFutabaEngicoder1.jpg
TDDFutabaEngicoder1.jpg (153.51 KiB) Viewed 1604 times
rama1.jpg
rama1.jpg (171.46 KiB) Viewed 1604 times
ohaimarkBeamRestore2.jpg
ohaimarkBeamRestore2.jpg (229.12 KiB) Viewed 1604 times
madhiasdesk.jpg
madhiasdesk.jpg (156.27 KiB) Viewed 1604 times
ICL header.jpg
ICL header.jpg (16.14 KiB) Viewed 1604 times
HallsensorsSlom3.jpg
HallsensorsSlom3.jpg (166.78 KiB) Viewed 1604 times
greatwhite.jpg
greatwhite.jpg (198.67 KiB) Viewed 1604 times
goupil.jpg
goupil.jpg (153.23 KiB) Viewed 1604 times
DSCF6527_01-heading1.jpg
DSCF6527_01-heading1.jpg (136.06 KiB) Viewed 1604 times
dolch2.jpg
dolch2.jpg (201.89 KiB) Viewed 1604 times
cookieHHKBsticker.jpg
cookieHHKBsticker.jpg (134.35 KiB) Viewed 1604 times

Slom

19 Jun 2017, 19:28

banner_keypad.JPG
banner_keypad.JPG (87.65 KiB) Viewed 1329 times
banner_keypad2.JPG
banner_keypad2.JPG (101.71 KiB) Viewed 1329 times
Last edited by Slom on 01 Jul 2017, 16:01, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Scarpia

19 Jun 2017, 21:21

dashboard255 was one of mine, info should be something like "Alps SKCM Browns, SKCL Greens, and SKCM Blues" optionally followed by "(lovingly hoarded by Scarpia)" :-D

User avatar
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

19 Jun 2017, 21:23

Scarpia wrote: dashboard255 was one of mine, info should be something like "Alps SKCM Browns, SKCL Greens, and SKCM Blues" optionally followed by "(lovingly hoarded by Scarpia)" :-D
Which one is "dashboard255" ? :roll: :?:

User avatar
Scarpia

20 Jun 2017, 09:34

The army of bare alps switches with lots of blur

User avatar
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

20 Jun 2017, 11:38

Scarpia wrote: The army of bare alps switches with lots of blur
It already had the following caption:
Unbenannt.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG (36.5 KiB) Viewed 1522 times
Changed it to:
Unbenannt2.JPG
Unbenannt2.JPG (40.83 KiB) Viewed 1522 times

User avatar
Scarpia

20 Jun 2017, 20:31

Oh it did? I thought it didn't have a caption. Is there a place where we can check the current header images *and* captions? I checked on http://deskthority.net/headers.php and couldn't find any header for my pic.

Slom

20 Jun 2017, 20:39

Mouse over the image and then click the little i icon in the bottom right.

User avatar
Scarpia

21 Jun 2017, 21:49

Um... isn't something wrong with this caption? Dyesub?
Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 21.47.55.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 21.47.55.png (575.63 KiB) Viewed 1466 times

User avatar
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

21 Jun 2017, 22:39

Scarpia wrote: Um... isn't something wrong with this caption? Dyesub?
The attachment Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 21.47.55.png is no longer available
The guy is banned let it go. :lol:
lexmarkkingpin.jpg
lexmarkkingpin.jpg (113.2 KiB) Viewed 1307 times
labelmaker.jpg
labelmaker.jpg (147.91 KiB) Viewed 1307 times
DTkeycapseebart.jpg
DTkeycapseebart.jpg (173.67 KiB) Viewed 1307 times
colores.jpg
colores.jpg (156.34 KiB) Viewed 1307 times
AlpsCustom.jpg
AlpsCustom.jpg (259 KiB) Viewed 1307 times
3277sixtysixkey.jpg
3277sixtysixkey.jpg (147.03 KiB) Viewed 1307 times
3277ipreferpie.jpg
3277ipreferpie.jpg (211.31 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
Last edited by seebart on 02 Jul 2017, 22:50, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Ander

24 Jun 2017, 23:39

So this is where those gorgeous banner images come from! I always wondered.

I don't have any images to contribute at the moment—but as soon as we've finished moving and my keyboard stuff is set up properly again, I'll be glad to take and submit some nice studio-style shots of a few lesser-seen board details.

Meanwhile, thanks for the fantastic pictures! Some of the vintage ones are particularly fun—they take me right back to my teens, and the early years of widespread computing. Cheers, A.

Slom

01 Jul 2017, 16:02

ipreferpie's 3277 beamspring PCB
3277.jpg
3277.jpg (183.27 KiB) Viewed 1343 times

User avatar
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

02 Jul 2017, 21:48

Slom wrote: ipreferpie's 3277 beamspring PCB
Very nice Slom, I added some to my last post but we got more than enough anyway.
flowerlandfilmsSGI.jpg
flowerlandfilmsSGI.jpg (171.86 KiB) Viewed 1176 times
busySSK.jpg
busySSK.jpg (162.27 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
Last edited by seebart on 06 Nov 2017, 07:48, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Myoth

05 Jul 2017, 00:57

BimboBB wrote: one more banner :)
does anyone know from which board this is ?

Post Reply

Return to “Deskthority talk”