Link to this post

Icarium

29 Jun 2012, 10:51

Such a button would be nice.
Does it exist already? If so I couldn't find it. Sorry. :)

webwit
Wild Duck

29 Jun 2012, 10:58

You mean a permalink? To the left of the post time.

Icarium

29 Jun 2012, 11:00

Ah. Yes. Perfect, that's what I was looking for.

off

01 Jul 2012, 15:12

maybe change the topic title to reflect it's solved (and actually never was missing) ;)
:idea: BUT: I would love it if quoted posts had the name of the utterer of that quote as a link to the quoted post!

so:

Icarium wrote:Ah. Yes. Perfect, that's what I was looking for.
it actually works, if done manually- now that's awesome! :!:

webwit
Wild Duck

01 Jul 2012, 20:15

Good idea.

Glissant

15 Jul 2012, 19:02

off wrote:maybe change the topic title to reflect it's solved (and actually never was missing) ;)
:idea: BUT: I would love it if quoted posts had the name of the utterer of that quote as a link to the quoted post!

so:

Icarium wrote:Ah. Yes. Perfect, that's what I was looking for.
it actually works, if done manually- now that's awesome! :!:
This came to my mind when I manually had to add a link to every entry in my giveaway because there was link to the original post in the quoted text. I didn't have to post all the entries in a post, so that's my own fault. I just wish that feature was there.
I was just about to post a thread asking if phpbb had this feature, but now I don't have to make a whole new thread about it.
I wouldn't say doing it manually is awesome, though. I've seen some different code to make this feature available, so I hope it is implemented in the future.

Deskthority is really growing on me ;).

Limmy

20 Jul 2012, 06:57

I didn't know the icon beside the post time was for links. I would have not known unless I saw this thread.

I make following suggestions:
1. I think natural place for the link icon is next to "Reply with quote" icon. Any meaningful icon should be clustered together so users can explore what it does.
2. The label(alt tag) of the icon says "Post", which doesn't mean anything. "Link to this post" seems to be correct label for the icon.

I also like off's suggestion on the quotes with links.

Thanks!

Return to “Deskthority talk”