On
57%
Off
43%

Total votes: 7

webwit
Wild Duck

06 Feb 2011, 15:31

The bulletin board has the option (on by default) to translate smilies with little images, which you also find to the right of the topic reply text area. Alternatively, we could turn it off so smilies remain untouched and are shown as text. Vote for your preference.

Julle

06 Feb 2011, 15:37

Apparently we already have the option to turn off graphical smilies under "Board preferences". I think you should let the system be as it is now and let everyone decide for themselves.

Besides, I don't think excessive smilies will be a major problem on a forum like this.

7bit

06 Feb 2011, 15:47

webwit wrote:The bulletin board has the option (on by default) to translate smilies with little images, which you also find to the right of the topic reply text area. Alternatively, we could turn it off so smilies remain untouched and are shown as text. Vote for your preference.
;-)

It does not work the way I would like it. I would like to decide wether to show an image or text:-)

Also, I don't like the smiley design:-(

webwit
Wild Duck

06 Feb 2011, 15:56

Julle wrote:Apparently we already have the option to turn off graphical smilies under "Board preferences". I think you should let the system be as it is now and let everyone decide for themselves.

Besides, I don't think excessive smilies will be a major problem on a forum like this.
This is true, although you will still see that box with smilies on the right of the text area.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

06 Feb 2011, 20:16

js to hide the smilie box? or rather to show it i guess.

webwit
Wild Duck

06 Feb 2011, 20:18

Good idea.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

08 Feb 2011, 23:34

Nice split decision here.

Minskleip

08 Feb 2011, 23:35

I'd vote for obnoxious animated smilies.

HaaTa
Master Kiibohd Hunter

08 Feb 2011, 23:38

Bug in the vote box, still asks for me to submit my vote. Even though I've already done so.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

08 Feb 2011, 23:40

I believe its not a bug, but rather a poll where you can still change your vote afterwards.

webwit
Wild Duck

09 Feb 2011, 00:28

Yes, it's an option when you start a poll.

Crazy9000

09 Feb 2011, 02:04

Maybe if you got a better smilie pack. I don't really like those ones, so I'm voting off.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

09 Feb 2011, 11:22

Crazy9000 wrote:Maybe if you got a better smilie pack. I don't really like those ones, so I'm voting off.
Feel free to suggest one. Minimal one with the same kind of idea in mind as the rest of our layout would be optimal! Could not find anything when I looked though...

Return to “Deskthority talk”