BSP europe, a MX keycap maker?

BimboBB

13 Mar 2013, 15:16

make it BSP - Round 1! (and pray that vendors participate instead of compete against)

guilleguillaume

13 Mar 2013, 17:48

I think we should put our efforts together but the that korean team is going on his own way...

rodtang

13 Mar 2013, 17:56

He is sort of willing to merge the GB but they are planning of moving way faster than what I think is possible with this.
(I'm also not sure he knows our plans)

guilleguillaume

13 Mar 2013, 18:07

rodtang wrote:He is sort of willing to merge the GB but they are planning of moving way faster than what I think is possible with this.
(I'm also not sure he knows our plans)
They will be missing spacebars and 1.75 RShift. I don't see any reason to skip those keys since a lot of keyboards have layouts that need them.

fruktstund

13 Mar 2013, 18:17

rodtang, do you know how many sets their price of $135 is based upon? I just feel $135 is super expensive, at least since it's possible to buy a replica set from imsto for almost half of that.

To me it seems better to progress more slowly and reach a better price, and also maybe even have a spacebar or two, but then I'm also not a hasty guy with a big keyboard budget, which might affect my opinion. :)

rodtang

13 Mar 2013, 18:20

Their price of $120-130 is based on 200 sets (it says so in the thread at least :P )

fruktstund

13 Mar 2013, 18:38

Oh, I missed that they said it in the thread. :) Just looked at the prices, haha.

200 sets isn't that much, but... It could be hard to reach 400 I guess.

BimboBB

13 Mar 2013, 19:18

do you know if these multi-eu language keycaps (pictured on page 1) will be more costly than straight keycaps with just standard two fonts on it? i mean such an eu-language kit would be just awesome.

rodtang

13 Mar 2013, 19:21

Additional colours will cost more than one colour.

IvanIvanovich

13 Mar 2013, 20:48

Looks like it might just be a better plan to order only the ISO enter, 1.5 keys etc from BSP than we can't get from Taiwain source and do the rest of the set there still as they are cheaper and way more flexible about colors and mixing legends. The only major downside could be matching the key base color between 2 manufacturer.

phetto
Elite

13 Mar 2013, 22:17

What about those multi color language caps with DE,, dk, no, se/fi in different colors, can't remember where I saw those. Perhaps more languages can be added

IvanIvanovich

13 Mar 2013, 22:20

Every layout, one set lol. We can use the other sides of the keycap too. :lol:

rodtang

13 Mar 2013, 22:23

phetto wrote:What about those multi color language caps with DE,, dk, no, se/fi in different colors, can't remember where I saw those. Perhaps more languages can be added
Those?

phetto
Elite

13 Mar 2013, 22:27

Exactly, those are awesome. Every layouts are pretty much solved, right?

Perhaps add a few other ones like that for different language kits on other letters ( I'm not to familiar with other layouts then se, de, dk, no, uk and ANSI ).

Edit: together with iso enter, short shift, 1800 shift and whatnot

Grond

13 Mar 2013, 23:32

However, please note that italian letters are not quite right in that layout.

Last edited by Grond on 13 Mar 2013, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.

rodtang

13 Mar 2013, 23:35

Pretty much nothing will be right in that layout.

Grond

13 Mar 2013, 23:37

Don't you think we can redesign it in a way in which at least basic letters are right for a number of languages?

pasph

13 Mar 2013, 23:38

Grond wrote:Don't you think we can redesign it in a way in which at least basic letters are right for a number of languages?
This

Return to “Keyboards”