HHKB Pro 2 Keycaps for Leopold FC660C?

Hypersphere

12 Jul 2013, 17:51

Has anyone tried to see if keycaps (at least the alphas) from the HHKB Pro 2 fit the Leopold FC660C? Even if they did, would there be too much of a profile mismatch to mix and match the stock Leopold keycaps with the HHKB keycaps?

ne0phyte
Toast.

12 Jul 2013, 17:58

No idea. But why? FC660C + HHKB keycap set = more expensive than a HHKB!

Hypersphere

12 Jul 2013, 18:05

Why do we keyboard fanatics do anything?! My own motives elude me. However, it is partly for better visibility and partly for a different look.

nightsnack

14 Jul 2013, 17:13

Here's someone else's picture of an FC660C with keycaps from an RF.

http://imgur.com/vJkYfMl

ماء

14 Jul 2013, 17:30

yes, even better with the keycap RF,although the remains and more expensive
they are also a many selection of colors ;)
Last edited by ماء on 14 Jul 2013, 17:34, edited 2 times in total.

Muirium
µ

14 Jul 2013, 17:32

The fact they keep their shoe next to their keyboard is jamming my OCD so hard I can't even process the caps right now…

Aaaargh!

ماء

14 Jul 2013, 17:36

Muirium wrote:The fact they keep their shoe next to their keyboard is jamming my OCD so hard I can't even process the caps right now…

Aaaargh!
leopold 660C not good?

Muirium
µ

14 Jul 2013, 17:43

It's all about the shoe. Maybe it's just new and the guy wants to show off his Duffs. But come on! Keep that thing away from the keyboard! Ugh!

ne0phyte
Toast.

14 Jul 2013, 22:11

It's a /r/mechanicalkeyboards thing. Ripster started it with his FOR KEYBOARD SCIENCE and since then all users post their keyboards with their fcking shoes.

oTurtlez

15 Jul 2013, 19:26

nightsnack wrote:Here's someone else's picture of an FC660C with keycaps from an RF.

http://imgur.com/vJkYfMl
That's my pic / board :D

Yes the shoe thing is an /r/mechanicalkeyboards thing and I had my 103u lying around after I got my 660C and preferred the caps on it, so I swapped them over to the 660C. The only issue of course was the bottom row and short right shift, which is why they remained black.

EDIT: And for the record, I don't keep my shoe there... I merely placed it there for the picture and then promptly placed it back on my foot.

Muirium
µ

15 Jul 2013, 19:40

Fair enough. (That bloody Ripster…)

So which keyboard won the battle of the caps, long term?

oTurtlez

15 Jul 2013, 19:49

Muirium wrote:Fair enough. (That bloody Ripster…)

The 660C is my daily now thus she has the RF caps. My RF has the 660C caps, which are less favorable, but still good enough.

Hypersphere

16 Jul 2013, 18:31

Yesterday I installed a Leopold FC660M. It now has a two-tone scheme composed of PBT Dye Sub Cyrillic White and Gray sets from Originative; the only originals I have kept on the board are the 1X Win, Fn, and spacebar. This customization improves the appearance, legibility, and feel. Love the layout, and the minimal Fn layer is sufficiently intuitive to be second nature. The keyboard feels solid, looks great, and works fine with my multi-OS setup (Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows 7). Leopold has found an almost perfect balance between miniaturization and functionality. Highly recommended.

atlas3686

27 Sep 2013, 11:31

oTurtlez wrote:
Muirium wrote:Fair enough. (That bloody Ripster…)

The 660C is my daily now thus she has the RF caps. My RF has the 660C caps, which are less favorable, but still good enough.
Man that 660C looks great, wish it came standard with an option like that. It's just too expensive to buy and customise like that unless you have the keys spare.

Hypersphere

27 Sep 2013, 17:03

Now that I have a HHKB Pro 2, which has become my new daily driver, I shall be selling my Leopold FC660M and FC660C. The HHKB Pro 2 is expensive, but the stock keycaps look fine. Actually, I did some customization. I bought the black version and put a new set of white/light gray keycaps on it. My review is here:
http://deskthority.net/news-reviews-f4/ ... t6553.html

dananglabs

28 Nov 2013, 12:06

hey are you still selling your FC660C?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

28 Nov 2013, 12:13

Muirium wrote:The fact they keep their shoe next to their keyboard is jamming my OCD so hard I can't even process the caps right now…

Aaaargh!
this an old post, I know... but if possible I'd like to put Muirium in charge for President of Earth. Thanks.

Hypersphere

05 Dec 2013, 18:20

dananglabs wrote:hey are you still selling your FC660C?
Now that I (think) I have narrowed things down to the HHKB Pro 2 and IBM SSK (with a still untried 55-g RF 87u -- black with white keycaps), I will eventually be selling my other boards, but not quite yet.

Return to “Keyboards”