WASD Keycaps for Filco TKL? Or any other suggestions?

waffl

16 Jan 2014, 12:04

I am looking for a keycap set for my Filco TKL (Browns) with white alphanumerics and grey modifiers.

I really love the feel of the HHKB caps, which I believe are ABS right?

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with WASD caps, they are also ABS and I can easily get a white/grey set together. (Unfortunately signature plastics only has black modifiers for sale right now). I haven't really been able to find many reviews of these caps.

I was also wondering, if I do indeed go with WASD, if I need to apply any of these 'layout changes' to the order:
Switch OS Keys to R1 1x1
Switch Menu Key to R1 1x1
Switch | \ key to R1 1x1
If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd be happy to hear too!

IvanIvanovich

16 Jan 2014, 20:21

If you want closest to HHKB keycap for your MX keyboard, you want to look for PBT. Depending what layout language you are after you may be able to find some old Cherry G80/G81-1000/3000S*X/S**XX models where X=language code... or you could buy a BSP set from originativeco or similar set from my groupbuys or if you don't mind settle for all white you can get set from imsto.

adhoc

17 Jan 2014, 08:29

Nope, HHKB has PBT caps (except for space, which is ABS due to manufacturing troubles when trying to make a big PBT key).

waffl

17 Jan 2014, 11:47

Ah right you are, they are PBT. For reference, I believe the HHKB caps are also Dyesub, so definitely PBT Dyesub is the way to go.

@IvanIvanovich, unfortunately the BSP set from originative is sold out (for white/grey)

I'll keep my eyes out. I guess my concern is also making sure the set has the right caps lock stem centering and so on.

adhoc

17 Jan 2014, 14:00

Go for blanks. You know you want to. Come on now...

kfmfe04

25 Jan 2014, 03:08

Ducky PBTs http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/ind ... etail&p=98

or Filco Doubleshots http://www.diatec.co.jp/shop/2cmold/

are both excellent.

I have the Filco DS and a Ninja set of Ducky PBTs on my Filco TKL - both are highly recommended.

Return to “Keyboards”