nano75 a programmable bluetooth backlit 75% keyboard

imQi

09 Mar 2014, 14:43

I bought a very interesting keyboad.

it's a 75%keyboard, a programmable keyboard, a bluetooth keyboard and a 3 colors backlit keyboard. The most important, it is ONE keyboard.

This is a engineering edition, not the final edition. I see someone ask about the brand, actually, the manufacturer is plum but maybe it will use noppoo brand(oem)

it has a rechargeable Li-ion battery but i don't know how long the battery life is. The maker say if you turn off the backlit, it can use more than 2 months.
前视图.jpg
前视图.jpg (68.88 KiB) Viewed 6563 times
I think it's much better than 60% keyboard.

侧面.jpg
侧面.jpg (48.27 KiB) Viewed 6563 times
the keycap is cherry profile. The keycap is PC material with PU on surface.

原厂高度.jpg
原厂高度.jpg (38.84 KiB) Viewed 6563 times
with R5 row

esc.jpg
esc.jpg (91.26 KiB) Viewed 6563 times
so interesting, the real escape keycap.

三种颜色.jpg
三种颜色.jpg (71.89 KiB) Viewed 6563 times
3 colors backlit. you can choose color of each key.

金黄.jpg
金黄.jpg (182.83 KiB) Viewed 6563 times
a cool golden color.

about bluetooth, it can connect 3 devices.

The keyboard has program layer and you can set either key.

I think I need find a person whose English better than me to answer questions. :(
Last edited by imQi on 09 Mar 2014, 15:34, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

09 Mar 2014, 14:50

The next generation!

Tell us more about Bluetooth and the programmability. Those are the features most of us here want. Battery life is especially important.

JBert

09 Mar 2014, 14:57

Hmmm, definately interesting. No brand or switch information available?

scottc

09 Mar 2014, 15:09

Hmm, very interesting. I agree with Muirium, please tell us more about bluetooth and programmability!

imQi

09 Mar 2014, 15:15

Muirium wrote:The next generation!

Tell us more about Bluetooth and the programmability. Those are the features most of us here want. Battery life is especially important.

it has a rechargeable Li-ion battery. I haven't used up the battery.

oVp46KWwtceQ

09 Mar 2014, 15:36

Hi, I'm one of the guys who get the first chance to use this fantastic keyboard.

You guys wanna know more about the programmability and bluetooth.

Bluetooth:
It has a Li-ion battery inside the keyboard, as imQi said. Without USB connect to computer, you can ture on bluetooth. When the nano75 is connected with USB line, the battery will be changed. And the developer of nano75 says that the battery is just a mobile-phone battery.

Without the keyboard light, we can use it more than 2 months, I guess, cause I only get the keyboard for about 1 week.

Programmability:
nano75 have 3 mode: office media program
Office: the keyboard is just the standard layout of traditional keyboard
Media: The bottom right corner (Shift_R Alt_R Application and CtrL_R) is changed to Cursor (Up Left Down Right). And most exciting things to me is that you can still use the Shift_R as a Shift key with key like SLASH etc..
Program: current firmware only support normal(Fn+normal) key to single(several) key or several key press in a logical sequence. Most exciting things to me is that the developer told us that maybe in the future, we can map several keys to several keys.

Sorry for the poor English and my anonymous name.

Muirium
µ

09 Mar 2014, 15:41

Quite understandable, actually. The kind of programming we like to do is put cursor keys on IJKL or [;'/ (HHKB style) and moving things like backspace and media keys around.

oVp46KWwtceQ

09 Mar 2014, 15:45

@Muirium I think HJKL is super easy to nano75. Every key or Fn+Key on that keyboard can be map to another key.

Daniel Beardsmore

09 Mar 2014, 16:15

Wow, they're really scraping the barrel of typography now.

I actually like the typeface on my Poker II, but this is just silly. They're not even consistent with the typeface either.

It's got some interesting ideas, such as integrating Mouse Keys (including middle mouse, which is so often forgotten), but again they made the mistake of putting the switch LEDs at the top, so the front printing is not illuminated. Trying to learn a Fn layer when you can't even see which keys do what, is nuts. All you have to do is put the LEDs at the front! There's another 60% keyboard coming out that gets this right.

Muirium
µ

09 Mar 2014, 16:21

Good point. I'd swap the caps straight off a board like this, though. The legends don't matter when programmable + Bluetooth is the prize.

Of course, all that RGB LED stuff probably means a higher price. Where's the DT no-lights and naked edition? You can tell you're in for fun then!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

09 Mar 2014, 16:59

I don't understand this layout.

mtl

09 Mar 2014, 17:38

Is it safe to assume this keyboard uses Cherry or cloned Cherry key switches?

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

09 Mar 2014, 17:42

Since it has RGB LEDs (or I presume that is) I think it unsafe to assume anything!

Layout is not a 75% it's only a 70% as it misses the 16th column of a 75%.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

09 Mar 2014, 17:52

I don't think it's RGB, just 3 colors (that probably can be mixed).

Muirium
µ

09 Mar 2014, 19:47

I reckon someone got hold of authentic clear bodied Cherry MX switches already, despite the exclusive. They're not the only ones. There was another thread of RGB LED backlighting on MX around here recently.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

09 Mar 2014, 19:49

btw, this is possibly the worst font I've ever seen on a keyboard.

Muirium
µ

09 Mar 2014, 19:54

It's so horrible I kinda like it! Like the kind of thing every font designer tries as their secret first: "geometric" / made with a ruler.

gunnish

09 Mar 2014, 20:05

I like it, even though the layout is a bit odd.

scottc

09 Mar 2014, 20:08

The F1-F12 row seems sort of superfluous to me. I wonder why they kept it in.

JBert

09 Mar 2014, 20:46

Because some people do use the F-keys frequently (myself included), because a 60% with backlighting would be exactly the same as a Poker 2, or just because they made some space at the top due to the batteries being so large?

EDIT: Of course, the main selling feature on this one is the whole wireless thing.

Muirium
µ

09 Mar 2014, 21:02

Indeed! Bluetooth is enough to make even Filco's odd Minila Air suddenly very appealing. It's a must-have feature for many of us, and I'm keen to see it arriving now.

Forget backlights, wireless is the real eye-catcher. Programmability is the icing on the cake.

scottc

09 Mar 2014, 21:12

JBert wrote:Because some people do use the F-keys frequently (myself included), because a 60% with backlighting would be exactly the same as a Poker 2, or just because they made some space at the top due to the batteries being so large?

EDIT: Of course, the main selling feature on this one is the whole wireless thing.
I agree with you for the most part. It probably isn't due to the battery since in the OP it says that it's some mobile phone battery, though. If they were adding more keys to a 60%-size, I'd have expected them in the form of arrow keys and PgUp/PgDn/etc rather than F1-F12, but maybe that's just me.

Muirium
µ

09 Mar 2014, 21:27

matt3o wrote:btw, this is possibly the worst font I've ever seen on a keyboard.
Busy day…
http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/ ... ml#p151269

Vierax

09 Mar 2014, 23:25

IMHO the Razer Blackwidow is worst and the opposite in rounded is not best at all, see Swiss Special font

oVp46KWwtceQ

10 Mar 2014, 03:38

Hi, all…

nano75 is not a RGB backlight keyboard. It has red, green and then red+green -> yellow. The developer has a RGB switch made by Taiwan, maybe using on nano75 in the future.
nano75 use cherry MX switch.

the F1-F12 keys make sense to the people who use these keys. Or people like me like to map these keys to others keys. I'm using KeyRemap4MacBook. I can clean, build, run my project in Xcode just press F3, F4, F5.

and the font, yeah, I don't like it well… but it comes from the developer. so I guess, I would buy some cool keycaps.

bazh

10 Mar 2014, 04:48

It's 15x6 so I'll call it 70%, a 75% is 16x6

JohnVenture

15 Mar 2014, 02:18

So where did you buy it and how much was it?

davkol

15 Mar 2014, 18:06

Meh.

I don't trust a random Asian wireless keyboard (i.e. security).

The font is ridiculous and I don't care about backlighting (because it almost always implies shitty keycaps, as opposed to stock caps on Noppoo Choc Mini or some Cherry boards). BTW wireless and backlit? What about battery life? Logitech seemingly can do something about it, but that's Logitech.

The physical layout is bad too. AltGr too far in the right (if it's there at all, I can't read the horrible font) and spaces among F-key groups (they aren't even "connected" to the alphanumeric cluster).

Return to “Keyboards”