Victor keyboard (Fujitsu Peerless switches)

deeyay

02 Feb 2015, 18:39

This one is up for sale on Swedens own auction site at the moment. I have not even heard of those switches before. Clicky rubberdomes. Is this something I should bid on or should I just let it be?

My preference are clicky switches MX Blue, White Alps etc. but also some softer stuff like Damped Alps and foam and foil switches. I have no idea how these would be in comparison.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

02 Feb 2015, 18:47

First of all Fujitsu Peerless is not a "normal" rubberome, although similair.

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Fujitsu_Peerless

I own a variation of this keyboard:

http://deskthority.net/photos-f62/fujit ... ilit=sanyo

I can tell you the Fujitsu Peerless switch is not like Cherry MX! You may get the clicky variation but don`t count on it! The keyboard itself is quite solid. The switch feel is hard to discribe for me, it´s quite unspectacular actually, not a bad thing as long as you don´t expect MX Blue super clicky action! It´s more like a discrete Buckling Spring over membrane feel.

Buy it if you want to try something else, I would not pay more than € 20,00 on it though!
Last edited by seebart on 02 Feb 2015, 18:56, edited 1 time in total.

deeyay

02 Feb 2015, 18:55

I see thanks for info and links. I will have to think about this a bit. Too bad its missing the F7 keycap though.

seebart

02 Feb 2015, 18:58

deeyay wrote: I see thanks for info and links. I will have to think about this a bit. Too bad its missing the F7 keycap though.
yeah and quite heavy yellowing. Pretty rare keyboard though! ;)

Findecanor

02 Feb 2015, 20:15

seebart wrote: I would not pay more than € 20,00 on it though!
The price is higher ...

I have not tried it myself, but according to what other people have said, the keys are quite hard and the position of the tactile point varies depending on how fast you press them.
Also, the longer keys don't have proper stabilisers, and that makes them bind on some key presses.

seebart

02 Feb 2015, 20:45

Findecanor wrote:
seebart wrote: I would not pay more than € 20,00 on it though!
The price is higher ...

I have not tried it myself, but according to what other people have said, the keys are quite hard and the position of the tactile point varies depending on how fast you press them.
Also, the longer keys don't have proper stabilisers, and that makes them bind on some key presses.
I can confirm that. The lack of stabilizers might be a problem for some. One need`s to hit the larger key`s in the center or they may block or stutter. I did not find the switches on mine "hard" but I´m sure even that can vary. The whole Fujitsu Peerless is quite strange complicated switch anyway. Aside from the switches this keyboard is pretty good actually, curved backplate with screws (!) and overall solid build quality. I paid € 40 for mine and that was almost too much for it.

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

02 Feb 2015, 20:55

seebart wrote: I paid € 40 for mine and that was almost too much for it.
FTFY. Sorry I couldn't resist. :shock:

If you're looking to replace the missing/broken parts in yours, you can have mine for 10€ shipped. :p

Daniel Beardsmore

02 Feb 2015, 21:36

seebart wrote: Pretty rare keyboard though! ;)
I don't think I'd describe the FKB4700 as "rare".

mellonmarin

03 Feb 2015, 10:23

I saw this kind of keyboard at my friend. It looks good, but the price is more than my expectation.

Jimi14

05 Feb 2015, 12:08

Hm, i was also thinking about buying that keyboard but hesitated due to the missing key cap and high price.

Can anybody confirm his claim that model-M key caps really are compatible?

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

05 Feb 2015, 12:24

Jimi14 wrote: Hm, i was also thinking about buying that keyboard but hesitated due to the missing key cap and high price.

Can anybody confirm his claim that model-M key caps really are compatible?
I doubt it, they look similar enough so I tried it the other way around and it didnt fit. Didnt bother trying M caps on the peerless though.

Magna224

05 Feb 2015, 12:26

guk is that the shield from Heroes of Might and Magic II? I haven't seen that for like 10 years! (if it is) I have all the original manuals and guides from that game still.

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

05 Feb 2015, 12:37

Haha, yes you got that right. Was one of my favorite games and played it for hours on hot seat mode with a friend.

deeyay

05 Feb 2015, 19:48

I think I'll pass on it. The missing F7 really is a dealbreaker on a keyboard like this because finding a replacement won't be easy and I can't stand having missing keys.

Return to “Keyboards”