IDENTIFY THE KEYBOARD thread

Dra

14 Apr 2016, 14:23

Does anyone know something about this board? HAL KB2100, used with a HAL CT2100 Communication Terminal, can't find any info about the board itself tho

acinho

15 Apr 2016, 19:08

Any ideas?

Attachments
$_20.JPG
$_20.JPG (42.39 KiB) Viewed 7563 times

ohaimark
Kingpin

15 Apr 2016, 20:16

acinho wrote: Any ideas?
Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure it's a rubber dome. Cases like that tend to be, in my experience.

terrycherry

25 Apr 2016, 08:53

acinho wrote: Any ideas?
Its the Taiwanese buckling spring(copycat to the IBM). I'd like to see the internal.
Did you buy that?
06.jpg
06.jpg (87.27 KiB) Viewed 7477 times

acinho

05 May 2016, 21:31

Anybody ever heard of a Lion keyboards?
Case looks like a Cherry.
Last edited by acinho on 06 May 2016, 08:15, edited 1 time in total.

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

05 May 2016, 21:44

Pic not working for me, but all of the Lion branded Cherrys I've seen were G83 (3000/6000).

Terry, I think Ohaimark is correct. That looks like a Chicony RD. Unless there is a second keyboard, can only see one pic.
Last edited by guk on 05 May 2016, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.

scottc

05 May 2016, 21:46

acinho, you need to provide an actual image URL in the img tags, not a URL to a webpage with an image on it.

Scooped F and J, so either doubleshot or dyesub. The difference in yellowing on the spacebar and positioning on some of the letters makes me think more likely to be dyesub.

Touch_It

07 May 2016, 04:55

So I found this thing. I have absolutely no idea what it is. Hopefully someone does.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Switches are linear and pretty scratchy. I didn't see any identifying marks on them. The key caps are somewhat spherical and engraved. Recently thick. Tried fitting them on cherry switches, but no dice. The thing does power on, but I didn't really want to leave it on for long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chyros

07 May 2016, 05:08

Maxi Switch vintage linear. Most vintage cross mount caps are not MX-compatible, so that makes sense.

Touch_It

07 May 2016, 05:30

Chyros wrote:Maxi Switch vintage linear. Most vintage cross mount caps are not MX-compatible, so that makes sense.

Thanks

I thought I had seen that switch before, but couldn't place it.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

07 May 2016, 05:32

Nice model M in the 3rd to last pic ;)

Chyros

07 May 2016, 10:19

Touch_It wrote:
Chyros wrote:Maxi Switch vintage linear. Most vintage cross mount caps are not MX-compatible, so that makes sense.

Thanks

I thought I had seen that switch before, but couldn't place it.
They're one of many copies of SMK vintage linear.

keycap

07 May 2016, 14:28

Chyros wrote: They're one of many copies of SMK vintage linear.
Even Alps copied them at some point with the Alps Integrated Dome :lol:

terrycherry

09 May 2016, 07:57

guk wrote: Pic not working for me, but all of the Lion branded Cherrys I've seen were G83 (3000/6000).

Terry, I think Ohaimark is correct. That looks like a Chicony RD. Unless there is a second keyboard, can only see one pic.
Don't think,it's true for the Chicony buckling spring.(Taiwan buckling spring)
My friend take the same keyboard and he pull out the keycap and show me that photos!(he took 6 photos from his keyboard)

terrycherry

09 May 2016, 08:09

Touch_It wrote: So I found this thing. I have absolutely no idea what it is. Hopefully someone does.

Switches are linear and pretty scratchy. I didn't see any identifying marks on them. The key caps are somewhat spherical and engraved. Recently thick. Tried fitting them on cherry switches, but no dice. The thing does power on, but I didn't really want to leave it on for long.
Great job. Like chyros said it's Maxi Switch vintage linear.
I have 4 different of SMK vintage linear clone keyboards and 1 original SMK vintage linear keyboard.
It can't identify on the switch top shell because the SMK vintage clone variants looks very closer.
We can find the different on the base shell, metal leaf and the internal slider.
Please take some photo about the internal. It will improve my information near to 90% of this SMK vintage clone.

Brot

10 May 2016, 14:51

rubberdome ?

Touch_It

10 May 2016, 15:39

terrycherry wrote:
Touch_It wrote: So I found this thing. I have absolutely no idea what it is. Hopefully someone does.

Great job. Like chyros said it's Maxi Switch vintage linear.
I have 4 different of SMK vintage linear clone keyboards and 1 original SMK vintage linear keyboard.
It can't identify on the switch top shell because the SMK vintage clone variants looks very closer.
We can find the different on the base shell, metal leaf and the internal slider.
Please take some photo about the internal. It will improve my information near to 90% of this SMK vintage clone.
I'll see what I can do. Taking apart switches isn't my strong suit, but I'll do my best when I have time and am feeling brave.

Scottex

10 May 2016, 18:14

Brot wrote: rubberdome ?
mitsumy hybrid tactile switch i think, rubbercup

terrycherry

10 May 2016, 19:35

Touch_It wrote: I'll see what I can do. Taking apart switches isn't my strong suit, but I'll do my best when I have time and am feeling brave.
Nice to hear you"ll do this. Thanks for your help. ;)

terrycherry

14 May 2016, 10:41

I found some new switch on these month. That's the one I can't identify. I think I saw it before I took it.
02.jpg
02.jpg (87.31 KiB) Viewed 7132 times

Touch_It

23 May 2016, 22:15

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XEROX-110K00410 ... 1730046395

XEROX 110K00410

its not in the wiki :(.

Chyros

24 May 2016, 01:38

Touch_It wrote: http://www.ebay.com/itm/XEROX-110K00410 ... 1730046395

XEROX 110K00410

its not in the wiki :(.
Looks decidedly Olivetti to me!

elecplus

24 May 2016, 01:50

He has been trying to sell that same keyboard for $125 on eBay since June 2015. Maybe if he drops the price, someone will take it?

norolim

24 May 2016, 16:35

Hi guys. This is my first post on the forum and in it I'd like to go back to the discussion you had on the previous page about Focus keyboards. I managed to acquire an old keyboard with Alps SKCM Blue switches. On the back of the PCB it says Focus FK-727/747, so I guess it's one of these or some Focus made OEM. Here is some more info with pictures:

Polish layout. That "17" in the top left corner is a sticker. Must have been there since new, because the plastic underneath is perfectly white :)

Complicated blue Alps and double-shot caps.

Metal, black painted bottom. Unfortunately, someone removed the main sticker. There is a XT/AT switch in the top right corner.

TEI Remex (top sticker) is most probably the original owner of the keyboard.

Top housing and some caps removed. Filthy.

Controller chip.

Bottom of the PCB — the main source of information.

Focus FK-727/747.

Any ideas? Is this an FK-727, 747, some type of Chicony KB-5160 or sth else?

scottc

24 May 2016, 17:04

Ooooh, so nice. I love Polish typist layout, but this is even cooler: Polish programmer with typist second legends! Where did you get it, Allegro?

Edit: and welcome to DT! :D

Chyros

24 May 2016, 17:26

I'm still not sure what the difference between the 747 and 727 is, but it's definitely one of those, yeah xD . They're beautiful boards, Focus really had a way of making great lookers. And of course with blue Alps, what's not to love? :D Very nice find indeed!

norolim

24 May 2016, 17:28

scottc wrote: Ooooh, so nice. I love Polish typist layout, but this is even cooler: Polish programmer with typist second legends! Where did you get it, Allegro?

Thanks.

Yes. Got it on Allegro. $25 after conversion.
Chyros wrote: I'm still not sure what the difference between the 747 and 727 is, but it's definitely one of those, yeah xD . They're beautiful boards, Focus really had a way of making great lookers. And of course with blue Alps, what's not to love? :D Very nice find indeed!
Could the stepped Alt, Caps Lock and Ctrl be any clue? Pictures of the Focus FK-747 boards I found didn't seem to have them.

Chyros

24 May 2016, 18:07

norolim wrote:
scottc wrote: Ooooh, so nice. I love Polish typist layout, but this is even cooler: Polish programmer with typist second legends! Where did you get it, Allegro?

Thanks.

Yes. Got it on Allegro. $25 after conversion.
Chyros wrote: I'm still not sure what the difference between the 747 and 727 is, but it's definitely one of those, yeah xD . They're beautiful boards, Focus really had a way of making great lookers. And of course with blue Alps, what's not to love? :D Very nice find indeed!
Could the stepped Alt, Caps Lock and Ctrl be any clue? Pictures of the Focus FK-747 boards I found didn't seem to have them.
Yeah you might be right, good spot :) .

terrycherry

25 May 2016, 15:54

norolim wrote: Hi guys. This is my first post on the forum and in it I'd like to go back to the discussion you had on the previous page about Focus keyboards. I managed to acquire an old keyboard with Alps SKCM Blue switches. On the back of the PCB it says Focus FK-727/747, so I guess it's one of these or some Focus made OEM. Here is some more info with pictures:
Any ideas? Is this an FK-727, 747, some type of Chicony KB-5160 or sth else?
Just what I said it's Alps SKCM Blue.
The [AT][US]Chicony KB-5160 series(FCCID E8H5IKKB-5160AT) keyboard with Alps SKCM Blue at least have three different keyboard.(small difference on the front and back case)
Your's keyboard is TH-5160(Type1).
01.JPG
01.JPG (151.88 KiB) Viewed 6925 times
02.JPG
02.JPG (149.01 KiB) Viewed 6925 times
02_manual.JPG
02_manual.JPG (141.95 KiB) Viewed 6925 times
03.JPG
03.JPG (166.25 KiB) Viewed 6925 times
04.JPG
04.JPG (167.66 KiB) Viewed 6925 times
05_back case.JPG