Plum Nano75 Electrastatic Capacitive Bluetooth RGB Keyboard

Menuhin

15 Jun 2016, 00:31

When will 55g version be released? I've heard the 55g Noppoo Topre-clone is closer to the feel of Topre switches among all 35g, 45g, & 55g variations.
I'll be also interested in knowing if there'll be a black color version in the future.

Just for reference for other members: I have a PLUM 84 EC switch keyboard in 35g. It is a very nice keyboard, and the 35g switches are so light that they feel like Cherry MX red cushioned for bottoming out. I really need the tactility and many reports said 45g version of the Noppoo Topre-clone still are mushy and does not give them the tactile feel, as Noppoo measures the bottoming out force rather than the actuation force (as in Topre) when naming the switches 45g.
Many recommend Noppoo 55g EC switches would feel more or less (~75%) like the 45g Topre switches.
mech greenhand wrote:
scottc wrote: What's the price for these going to be, mech greenhand?

The keyboards are now available for shipping and price is released.
$134,with shipping included.
Here is the purchase link for your reference.
Plum Nano75EC RGB

TuxKey
LLAP

15 Jun 2016, 15:44

thx for the info Menuhin :D very useful info.
i didn't know "Noppoo measures the bottoming out force rather than the actuation force" a bit confusing.

i have the Leopold FC660C i consider that to be the perfect form factor but i wouldn't mind a bit longer or an extra f-row.

since you have one i always wanted to know if all the fancy extra functions work?
i mean the fn function row like volume mute and other stuf with backlighting don't really know all the fn rows.

thx

Menuhin

15 Jun 2016, 18:46

The built-in extra functions with Fn all work for me. I have the non-backlit version so can't tell the backlit functions but there are many YouTube videos about the PLUM 84 backlit version and it looks amazing to me.
There should be programmability too, and I didn't download the relevant software to test that out yet.

While Noppoo Topre-clone 35g switches are very pleasant to type on with all the cushioning etc, it is very very light - you can expect to feel something lighter than Cherry MX red (I read many reports and couldn't believe how 'rubber-dome' can feel so light at first until I received my own order); and the tactility is definitely lacking, when compared to my rubber dome keyboards (Thinkpad and Dell).

If you like Cherry MX red, I bet you'll like these 35g (or 45g?) EC Topre-clones even more.
For tactility and typing with feedback, I'm going for 55g this time.

Some of the more detailed discussion comparing 45g vs 55g EC 'Topre-clone' switches by experienced users.
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/royal-klud ... alk/178130
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/royal-klud ... alk/178276
(PLUM & Noppoo & Royal Kludge all use the same EC 'Topre-clone' switches.)
TuxKey wrote: thx for the info Menuhin :D very useful info.
i didn't know "Noppoo measures the bottoming out force rather than the actuation force" a bit confusing.

i have the Leopold FC660C i consider that to be the perfect form factor but i wouldn't mind a bit longer or an extra f-row.

since you have one i always wanted to know if all the fancy extra functions work?
i mean the fn function row like volume mute and other stuf with backlighting don't really know all the fn rows.

thx

Risos

22 Jun 2016, 17:37

What type of USB cable does it come with? I can't tell what it is from the picture on aliexpress.

It looks like micro USB but I can't tell.

mech greenhand

22 Jun 2016, 18:13

Risos wrote: What type of USB cable does it come with? I can't tell what it is from the picture on aliexpress.

It looks like micro USB but I can't tell.

Micro USB..

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

25 Jun 2016, 17:18

I have been absent from the forum as of late and just saw this. I saw this on taobao awhile ago. Seems like an interesting form factor for Topre-clone fans. Might get one of these as well.

Risos

06 Jul 2016, 11:05

What software do you use to program the keys and LEDs? Is it the same as for the other keyboards like the software found http://randombits.me/?p=155?

mech greenhand

06 Jul 2016, 18:06

Risos wrote: What software do you use to program the keys and LEDs? Is it the same as for the other keyboards like the software found http://randombits.me/?p=155?

No, plum has its own programing softwares and firmwares for this keyboard. Periodically new versions will be released fron the plant to update the firmware and softwares. We will offer the software and manual after ordering..

CollinMel

05 Aug 2016, 21:47

I recently received this board and am quite impressed. Feels similar to a silenced Novatouch. The "media" mode arrow cluster functionality (like KBParadise V60) is lovely. I can post more details/impressions if others are interested.

Menuhin

01 Sep 2016, 19:22

CollinMel wrote: I recently received this board and am quite impressed. Feels similar to a silenced Novatouch. The "media" mode arrow cluster functionality (like KBParadise V60) is lovely. I can post more details/impressions if others are interested.
Please do!

stratokaster

27 Sep 2016, 14:38

75%? Bluetooth? Color me interested. This keyboard definitely could replace my Minila Air that I mainly use with my iPad.

Powerslice

28 Sep 2016, 07:01

So basically how does this feel compared to Topre? I have never tried a Topre keyboard and really want to. Are the switches smooth? I am not familiar with the smoothness of these switches as well as the Topre.

quickbrownfox

28 Sep 2016, 12:03

Powerslice wrote: So basically how does this feel compared to Topre? I have never tried a Topre keyboard and really want to. Are the switches smooth? I am not familiar with the smoothness of these switches as well as the Topre.
The unlubricated switches feel less smooth than proper Topres - a bit scratchy and produce a faint dry whispering sound on each keystroke. The switches come already silenced by o-rings though, so that makes them less clacky than the original Topres.

I finally managed to disassemble the keyboard yesteday and lube the rails and the sliders, and... now it feels JUST RIGHT. The scratchiness is gone, smoothness is incredible with no extra noise, only the satisfying thock. :D

I used to have Leopold FC660C for a short time, and I now I would say that Plum feels even better.
Last edited by quickbrownfox on 29 Sep 2016, 12:11, edited 1 time in total.

t!ng
Awake Sheep

28 Sep 2016, 12:56

1) Can one program the whole keyboard? I mean something like
CapsLock = FN
FN + ILKJ = Arrow keys
?

2) Or is the programmability restricted to the LEDs?
3) Are those dental banded out of the factory?
4) And could one order through you instead of aliexpress, greenhand?

Zombimuncha

28 Sep 2016, 13:37

Any chance of a 45g or 55g Plum84?

quickbrownfox

28 Sep 2016, 15:20

t!ng wrote: 1) Can one program the whole keyboard? I mean something like
CapsLock = FN
FN + ILKJ = Arrow keys
?

1) Haven't tried it yet, but looking at the manual doc it appears to be possible. Might be wrong though.
2) You definitely can use a custom layout under Pro mode.
3) Yes, these bands are very thin so the travel distance of a key is substantially not affected (at least from my perspective).

28 Sep 2016, 15:58

Wow, Topre, good layout, BT - makes me want to get one (though I have no use for it). Couldn't care less about the backlighting though and it would be better in black...

mech greenhand

28 Sep 2016, 18:23

t!ng wrote: 1) Can one program the whole keyboard? I mean something like
CapsLock = FN
FN + ILKJ = Arrow keys
?

Yes, the keyboard can be fully programmmed. We can offer the software and manual upon request. The keyboard has default, media and pro layers. Sorry, we only take orders from aliexpress( have had some problem with paypal account and now I no more use it ). It is my shop anyway. Same thing on aliexpress as to buy direct from me here.
Cheers

mech greenhand

28 Sep 2016, 18:26

Zombimuncha wrote: Any chance of a 45g or 55g Plum84?
As far as i know from the plant, there is no plan on 45g or 55g versions.. I know 35g feels too much light sometimes, but it is good for the fingers if you stay with the keyboard most of the time... :D :D

t!ng
Awake Sheep

28 Sep 2016, 18:53

PMed you, Sir.

mech greenhand

29 Sep 2016, 17:05

t!ng wrote: PMed you, Sir.
Yes,Sir, the order is received and sent out today. Online tracking record is available within next two days.
Thanks

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

29 Sep 2016, 17:51

I'm still hoping to see the RC930 with POM key caps again, that one has been sold out for months.

t!ng
Awake Sheep

29 Sep 2016, 18:47

Great service so far, Mr. Mech Greenhand.

I managed to download the needed files, somehow :D

Now wait for the tracking to work ...

geostation

30 Sep 2016, 15:36

any word on when a black / 45/55G version might be available ?

TuxKey
LLAP

30 Sep 2016, 15:42

i think a 35grams topre is to light i have the FC660C and that’s a 45g topre switch.
No one would want or need a lighter switch it’s really effortless.
it’s like saying cherry mx-browns are heavy hahaha..

t!ng
Awake Sheep

30 Sep 2016, 16:53

45g is already available. 35g would be too light I think, too.
Unfortunately there is no black option =(

davkol

30 Sep 2016, 22:23

TuxKey wrote: No one would want or need a lighter switch it’s really effortless.
Except a whole bunch of people with muscle disorders.

mech greenhand

01 Oct 2016, 04:31

XMIT wrote: I'm still hoping to see the RC930 with POM key caps again, that one has been sold out for months.

Hi, RK RC930 series are probably no more in production.
We still have one last 55g RGB version in stock. Here is the link.
55g RGB

Thank you.

mech greenhand

01 Oct 2016, 04:34

geostation wrote: any word on when a black / 45/55G version might be available ?
No word on that. But plum is making waterproof versions, for now prototypes are already under testing. Waiting for mass production..

geostation

02 Oct 2016, 08:39

will wait for a black / acrylic version, kudos to plum for trying something different both in terms of features and layout.
Between this and hall effect keyboard, this is a good time to be in the mech scene

Return to “Keyboards”