Identify the Keyboard

bembotron

15 Mar 2017, 21:10

Good afternoon

Im from Spain, im a follower of your pages , and this is my first post.

I would like to know if this keyboard is a clone of model M, with buckinlg spring etc..

Thanks for letting me join.
Attachments
1111.jpg
1111.jpg (28.58 KiB) Viewed 3301 times
22222.jpg
22222.jpg (20.31 KiB) Viewed 3301 times
3333.jpg
3333.jpg (29.22 KiB) Viewed 3301 times

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

15 Mar 2017, 21:16

I don't think so. Can you carefully pop off a key cap and post a picture of what's underneath?

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

15 Mar 2017, 21:24

Looks like this:

keyboards-f2/identify-this-keyboard-thr ... 5-990.html

Laylie wrote: Hello, i finaly got the keyboard i posted here previously.(the brand is ADI Corp)

A member told me before this switch is a magnetic valve switch, i have a more clear photo now...
It's a linear switch with a high actuation force compared with my cherry mx blues and i could say its also louder.
I kinda like the feel of this one except for the fact that when i press the keys on the edge instead of the center its a lot less smooth. Its an old keyboard that seems to have gone through heavy use and was quite dirty when i got it. Could it be that it needs some kind of lubrication? Or is this just a problem of this type of switch? I would be realy happy if i could fix this problem!

bembotron

15 Mar 2017, 21:32

I´ll send it later on, I´m about to buy it..but I´´m not pretty sure...
Keep on reading. Thanks.

Harshmallow

15 Mar 2017, 21:36

This is the switch, as per what Daniel Beardsmore replied to that one you mention Seebart:

wiki/USw_EXBB01

Edit - We don't appear to have a name for this switch yet though, this is just in the unidentified switches category in the Wiki.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

15 Mar 2017, 21:37

It's interesting, but it's definitely not buckling spring.

Findecanor

15 Mar 2017, 21:43

Shouldn't this have been posted in the IDENTIFY THE KEYBOARD thread instead of creating a new one?

Anyway, it is easy to see that this is not an IBM buckling spring by it not having as curved a case as IBM's. IBMs keyboards also did not yellow. There are a few rebranded IBM Model M but they are a bit rare, but identifiable by the build being the same.

If you saw this on eBay listed as "IBM BUCKLING SPRING" or similar then ... well, don't trust everything people write in descriptions on eBay. It can be incorrect not just for keyword-spamming though, some sellers are just ignorant. Others will write "IBM" because the box carried the text "IBM PC-compatible", which was common for a long time.

Daniel Beardsmore

15 Mar 2017, 22:44

That might be the first time one has ever been found with an actual ADI label and model number.

The address on that label does match that of the address of the monitor manufacturer ADI, which is good to get fully confirmed:

http://web.archive.org/web/199704281022 ... anches.htm

bembotron

16 Mar 2017, 18:59

seebart wrote: Looks like this:

keyboards-f2/identify-this-keyboard-thr ... 5-990.html

Laylie wrote: Hello, i finaly got the keyboard i posted here previously.(the brand is ADI Corp)

A member told me before this switch is a magnetic valve switch, i have a more clear photo now...
It's a linear switch with a high actuation force compared with my cherry mx blues and i could say its also louder.
I kinda like the feel of this one except for the fact that when i press the keys on the edge instead of the center its a lot less smooth. Its an old keyboard that seems to have gone through heavy use and was quite dirty when i got it. Could it be that it needs some kind of lubrication? Or is this just a problem of this type of switch? I would be realy happy if i could fix this problem!
You rule man, is that Switch...I don´t like very nosiy keyboard so I going to pass .

Daniel Beardsmore

16 Mar 2017, 19:02

Where is it on sale and for how much?

bembotron

19 Mar 2017, 11:05

Daniel Beardsmore wrote: Where is it on sale and for how much?
Its in Spain 15 euros

Daniel Beardsmore

19 Mar 2017, 13:20

I see … but if someone wanted to buy it, where would they find it?

Scottex

19 Mar 2017, 22:25

It's selling on an app called Wallapop.
It's anounced as: "Teclado mecànico adi corp."
If you can't find it or you can't use the app, or if the seller does not want to send it outside of Spain I could help as a proxy :D

bembotron

23 Mar 2017, 20:56

Exactly Scottex is right.

Sorry for the delay in answering

Return to “Keyboards”