Matias keycaps on an Alps Bigfoot

MMMaus

15 Apr 2017, 21:35

Hi,

I want to rebuild an Dell AT102W with Matias switches and would love to use Matias blank keycaps on it. Do the keycaps and stabilizers fit on an Alps Bigfoot switch plate?

Hak Foo

16 Apr 2017, 06:50

They should. The one issue might be that the Matias bottom row is frequently 1.5-1.1.5-7-1.5-1-1.5 and the Dell is seven 1.25x and a 6.25 space bar. You might want to confirm if that combination is available. The spacebar is also likely to use different stabilizer mounts, but you can probably use the Dell one as-is.

MMMaus

16 Apr 2017, 07:42

Thx.

infodroid

16 Apr 2017, 12:12

I will also add that the 1.75u Caps Lock might also be different. Dell has an off-center stepped Caps Lock, whereas I believe the Matias has a centered one. If you're really up for it, you could perform some stem surgery on the Matias blank to move it to the right place. I've also seen people paint their original Caps Lock or even just use a 1.5u key in its place.

MMMaus

17 Apr 2017, 02:29

Thx. I just ordered the parts from Matias.

My plan is to pull the dell keycaps and see if the Matias caps fit. I think I will use the Matias caps as far as they go and use the Dell caps where the Matias won't fit and paint all of them. I ordered black blank keycaps anyway.

Return to “Keyboards”