ATTN Topre modders - I need your help with some research!

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

10 May 2017, 04:40

Hi everyone!! Crossposting this from GH as the somewhat-academic nature of my goal might glean more response here.

I'm working on a little kb thesis regarding various Topre slider designs. Unfortunately I don't own a Type-S or a silenced Realforce, and I don't have my hands on JTK sliders yet.

Could I bother somebody who happens to have one of each of these slider types to take a couple of pictures?
-Standard HHKB
- Type S HHKB
- Silenced RF
- Extra credit for JTK and stock RF - I'd REALLY like to get these included in the measurements!

I'm specifically looking for the following shots, with each slider lined up next to each other
-upright, resting on legs - as close to a profile shot as possible
-upright, resting on the slider base (so basically, sitting on something very small, and accommodating for the "cut-away" portion that exists on some slider types - this might require a VERY small thing for it to sit on)
-upside down, resting on the top of the slider - as close to a profile shot as possible
-upside down, resting on the top of the slider - with the underside of the slider base clearly visible and well-lit

I'd settle for links to existing pictures, but it'd be cool to get some definitive side-by-side shots of the different types to use specifically for this essay/thesis/analysis/whatever.

If you have any questions or if anything here is unclear please let me know and I'll do my best to elucidate.
thanks
i love you

:maverick:

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

10 May 2017, 04:46

If I can't get pictures, Actually i'd prefer to get as many sliders of my own as possible to do all-at-once comparisons

I would also be interested in purchasing one of each slider type listed above as well as a novatouch slider and one of the ebay mx mount sliders as well. Wiling to pay up to $5 for each slider type in the name of science.

OH and any rare/old sliders like from Sony boards would be cool too but of course i wouldn't want anyone to ruin a perfectly good board. perhaps a loan for photography would work, if you don't mind.

Return to “Keyboards”