Where can I buy little rubber domes / nippes from?

Sidle

05 Mar 2020, 22:26

So I took an old keyboard apart today, only to find out why it stopped working, some of the domes had come loose, which inevitably meant some have managed to escape to places unknown!

So, trying to find some little nippes / domes to replace them with. I've looked on ebay and can't find any so, is there somewhere from China or some seller on ebay who usually has them? I'm in the UK so would be looking for a uk / eu seller, otherwise I'm paying stupid £11 charges for "package handling"

fohat
Elder Messenger

05 Mar 2020, 22:36

That may be tricky. Personally, I have only seen discreet domes on Dell and Compaq rubber dome keyboards, the vast majority are molded as a one-piece sheet.

That said, you will probably have to scavenge replacements from the same model or manufacturer as whatever you have now in order to get a proper size/fit etc.

Sidle

05 Mar 2020, 22:43

fohat wrote:
05 Mar 2020, 22:36
That may be tricky. Personally, I have only seen discreet domes on Dell and Compaq rubber dome keyboards, the vast majority are molded as a one-piece sheet.

That said, you will probably have to scavenge replacements from the same model or manufacturer as whatever you have now in order to get a proper size/fit etc.
Thanks, i've managed to find a sheet of them for £20, but that's way too much when I could buy a new keyboard of this for £10. It's a mini accuratus scissor-switch rubber dome, and it's nice to have for travelling due to its size.

Sidle

05 Mar 2020, 23:16

Perhaps you're right but I'd hate to throw it away. It has a metal back-plate and some nice keys! I've found a bag of 100 silicone grommets for £1 on ali which is more reasonable!

Findecanor

05 Mar 2020, 23:57

Don't expect that domes from another keyboard will fit. Do get the £10 replacement keyboard and use it for spares!

Return to “Keyboards”