New Alps Keycaps Thread

Seirin-Blu

30 Mar 2022, 08:12

Hello!

It’s that time again where someone asks for links to alps compatible keycaps again! Every few years, some of the links stop working in other posts so I feel it’s necessary to make another post about it.

I’ve found two places that sell alps keycaps currently but am very interested in learning about more, especially if they have dsa and/or pbt or similar in stock.

Tai-Hao:
Tai-Hao makes some alps sets but theirs all kinda tall and only ABS.
Link

Matias:
Matias does also make some caps as well, which is good considering they make alps clones, but again, all ABS.
Link

MechanicalKeyboard.com:
They sell some from Tai-Hao and some from KBParadise. Again all ABS.
Link

Datacomp:
Not sure if this company actually still exists, but if it does we should do a DSA GB.
Link

hellothere

31 Mar 2022, 02:52

Better link for Tai-Hao: https://shop.tai-hao.com/products?query=alps. Note that all the sets look like they're double-shot. Matias sets aren't.

Tai-Hao sets are also available at https://www.kbparadise.com/store/produc ... hot-keycap.

Regarding Datacomp, I eventually came upon this thread. The pics can be opened in Archive.org. They still sell blue switches to KBParadise.com, so maybe some key caps?

SK-8K

31 Mar 2022, 04:11

I once contacted Datacomp about their keyboards, they wanted an insanely high MOQ. (And they only responded when I pretended to be a company).

ntv242ver2

31 Mar 2022, 22:30

tai hao caps are rather a common profile that you would see on lots of alps vintage keyboards. In fact many of them use tai hao ti series

wiki/Tai-Hao_TI_series

I just find calling them kind of tall and only abs a bit interesting, I guess because I am mostly exposed to these kind of caps so they are like the standard to me

FWIW, aliexpress used to have bunch of alps keycaps, pbt, in mono profile like dsa (or they rather are xda i cant quite remember) but I dont seem to find them any more. I guess they stop making them

Return to “Keyboards”