Noob asking for help

marcuso

22 Apr 2022, 17:44

Oh; I guess he's now going to use the hell out of that Cherry keyboard just to spite us all.

LambdaCore

22 Apr 2022, 18:19

Tried to tell him about better, cheaper alternatives :(

SK-8K

23 Apr 2022, 19:52

What on earth happened here?

Muirium
µ

23 Apr 2022, 20:00

I think I upset someone really badly when I answered their keyboard questions, and despite Wodan’s heroic assistance in trying to calm them down by calling them a touchy zoomer Kraut, the damage was already done. I’m sorry, guys.

Go-Kart

24 Apr 2022, 00:22

lol

Shorle

24 Apr 2022, 00:44

Yeah, "Something" definately triggered him big time ... I also got a PM from him that'd warrant legal actions against him. For someone who chose an insultfull name for himself he clearly didn't like being called a name ... but didn't shy away from insulting others.

wobbled

24 Apr 2022, 01:16

Muirium wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 20:00
I think I upset someone really badly when I answered their keyboard questions, and despite Wodan’s heroic assistance in trying to calm them down by calling them a touchy zoomer Kraut, the damage was already done. I’m sorry, guys.
This is what happens when you try to convert keyboard noobs into Topre nuts without first introducing them to other wonderful switches like Cherry MY, Smith Corona Leaf Springs, or everyone's favourite Cherry MX brown switches.

We've got to ease them into Topre.

Polecat

24 Apr 2022, 01:48

...like going directly from barbarism to decadence, with no civilization (Alps...) in between.

vvp

24 Apr 2022, 19:33

That is all because keyboard enthusiasts value small differences in switches way too much. Much more than they deserve :evilgeek:

Muirium
µ

24 Apr 2022, 20:44

So the lesson is LESS keyboards and MORE cuisine based slurs? Um, understood chief.

(Kraut is a reference to sauerkraut, I presume. Which is almost as good as kimchi as far as I’m concerned. Not that you’ll find either outside of a hipster deli here in “that’ll be a fried Mars Bar supper and a bottle of Buckfast, pal” Scotchshortbreadtinland.)

kbdfr
The Tiproman

25 Apr 2022, 08:10

vvp wrote:
24 Apr 2022, 19:33
That is all because keyboard enthusiasts value small differences in switches way too much. Much more than they deserve :evilgeek:
What happened in this thread is not "because" of it, but I can only agree that "keyboard enthusiasts value small differences in switches way too much. Much more than they deserve"

On the other hand, the way the thread opener exploded can only mean he was already filled with dynamite before posting.

fohat
Elder Messenger

25 Apr 2022, 14:47

Muirium wrote:
24 Apr 2022, 20:44

sauerkraut .... kimchi .... Not that you’ll find either outside of a hipster deli here
This is an apt observation. Several years ago I got interested in fermented foods ( https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/109 ... rmentation ) and now I make my own sauerkraut and kim chi which is cheaper and better than what you buy in the store, and which you can easily customize to your personal taste.

Making a batch takes about as much time (all told - there are multiple stages, and sauerkraut is much quicker and easier since there is only one primary ingredient) as refurbishing an IBM Model M or F.

and WTF - fried candy bars?

AnnoyedWalrus

25 Apr 2022, 16:08

The deep fried Mars bar is a culinary masterpiece and a Scottish icon!

Muirium
µ

25 Apr 2022, 16:18

You missed the drink. Buckfast: gets you fucked fast. The empty bottles are very common indeed in central Scotland. Never knowingly binned, to this day.

AnnoyedWalrus

25 Apr 2022, 16:40

I have never had the pleasure of trying Buckfast (I knew it only as a cheat code in GTA until I visited Edinburgh a few years ago) but I hope to get a chance to try this traditional Scottish drink some day. I am a big fan of Irn-Bru though.

Go-Kart

25 Apr 2022, 16:47

My climbing troupe's first task when we cross the boarder is always to obtain a deep fried haggis. It's never the focus of our visits to The Highlands, but the reverence with which the artery-clogging pilgrimage is undertaken would have you think otherwise.

Muirium
µ

25 Apr 2022, 17:16

The true joy of the haggis supper you describe is using the heat still in the heart of the beast to keep your fingers warm as you scoff it while walking to the pub on a starry winter night. (5 o'clock will do in December.) Belly full of that stuff and you'll hold your drink like the sheep held their oats.

Also: climbing, you say? Swing up via Edinburgh and add one to your party sometime. ;)

fohat
Elder Messenger

25 Apr 2022, 18:51

Muirium wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 16:18

Buckfast: gets you fucked fast. The empty bottles are very common indeed in central Scotland.
What a nasty concept. There must be truly wicked hangovers involved.

Go-Kart

25 Apr 2022, 18:56

Muirium wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 17:16
The true joy of the haggis supper you describe is using the heat still in the heart of the beast to keep your fingers warm as you scoff it while walking to the pub on a starry winter night. (5 o'clock will do in December.) Belly full of that stuff and you'll hold your drink like the sheep held their oats.
Wonderful :D
Also: climbing, you say? Swing up via Edinburgh and add one to your party sometime. ;)
I'm doing my Mountain Leader qualification this year, I'll need to clock up a lot of mountain hours, and I'll need people to do it with! It'd be so easy to do in North Wales for me but I don't need much of an excuse to travel up to the Cairngorms. Consider yourself on the list.

And when I say climbing, I mean winter climbing. If you're into this too, we always need more men!

Go-Kart

25 Apr 2022, 19:17

Go-Kart wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 18:56
...I'll need to clock up a lot of mountain hours, and I'll need people to do it with!
This goes for any other jocks, limies, etc. wishing to get some fresh air away from their keyboards this year.

Muirium
µ

25 Apr 2022, 21:10

I’d be a newb at snow climbing. Up for it with experienced assistance, but I’ll slow you down! I’m just used to legging it all day in the summer light.

Return to “Keyboards”