Total Destruction Suggestions Requested

Bjerrk

21 Feb 2022, 08:45

Moral principles are good, but they can be stretched to less-than-moral conclusions if not treated judiciously.

"I did agree to be a hitman ... So I really ought to kill the guy. From a moral standpoint." ;)

kbdfr
The Tiproman

21 Feb 2022, 08:47

kbdfr wrote:
21 Feb 2022, 08:33
I think I'll go the (for me) not usual way of simply stop arguing :lol:

Bjerrk

21 Feb 2022, 08:49

That is usually easier.

hellothere

21 Feb 2022, 15:49

Bjerrk wrote:
21 Feb 2022, 08:45
Moral principles are good, but they can be stretched to less-than-moral conclusions if not treated judiciously.

"I did agree to be a hitman ... So I really ought to kill the guy. From a moral standpoint." ;)
This logic flow is:

I am a hitman.
I get paid to do hits.
I was paid to do a hit.
I should do the hit because I was paid to do it.

Of course, that's assuming that you think that killing is moral and doing the job you were paid for is moral.

(I'm now sure that I'm on a list for a 3-letter agency.)

I also addressed this on the previous page. If the seller told me I had to buy a flight to Mt. Fuji and toss it off the side, that'd be excessive. Destroy a keyboard with whatever I have lying around? Easy enough.

I should also point out that the seller didn't give me a time it needs to be done by.

Bjerrk

21 Feb 2022, 17:11

hellothere wrote:
21 Feb 2022, 15:49
This logic flow is:

I am a hitman.
I get paid to do hits.
I was paid to do a hit.
I should do the hit because I was paid to do it.

Of course, that's assuming that you think that killing is moral and doing the job you were paid for is moral.
Not as such. You could've entered into an agreement in the past that you now realize is immoral :) Then it's not so clear that the "pacta sunt servanda" maxim beats the "I shouldn't destroy keyboards kill people" maxim.

Would be so easy if moral maxims really were absolute and context-free, wouldn't it? :)

For what it's worth, I think you should explain to the seller that you''ll run the keyboard over as soon as you've saved up for a Lamborghini.

Muirium
µ

21 Feb 2022, 22:56

So meanwhile, how is Operation Tumbleweed working out?

hellothere

23 Feb 2022, 14:42

Muirium wrote:
21 Feb 2022, 22:56
So meanwhile, how is Operation Tumbleweed working out?
Pestering the guy? No, I haven't been doing that and I haven't seen any e-mails.

However, while I do live in a desert, when I hear "tumbleweed" I think of CGP Grey's video.

SK-8K

28 Feb 2022, 02:54

If you do end up destroying it, my NTC is missing it's spacebar, Alt, "C", "8", F4" "Page Up" and numpad "5" keys so could I grab those? Would pay for shipping.

Return to “Keyboards”