Are Realforce keyboards PS/2 compatible?

joc

21 Mar 2015, 20:59

I would like to use a Soarer's converter like this one to add a function layer to a Realforce keyboard. Has anyone tried attaching a Soarer's converter to a Realforce keyboard? If yes, did it work? I found a couple of conflicting search results as to whether or not Realforce keyboards are PS/2 compatible so I was hoping someone here might know the answer. Thanks.

Muirium
µ

21 Mar 2015, 21:04

Old Realforces were PS/2 native. I don't think the modern USB ones have any PS/2 functionality, but that's just an informed guess.

You could try a software solution instead. Karabiner on OS X, and there are others elsewhere.

joc

21 Mar 2015, 21:36

Muirium wrote: Old Realforces were PS/2 native. I don't think the modern USB ones have any PS/2 functionality, but that's just an informed guess.

You could try a software solution instead. Karabiner on OS X, and there are others elsewhere.
Thanks for the information and suggestion. I actually use Karabiner but I didn't realize it was configurable outside of the default settings. It looks like it should be possible to set up a function layer via virtual modifiers.

Return to “Keyboards”