IDENTIFY THE KEYBOARD thread

User avatar
Keybug

28 Mar 2020, 17:18

You can find the acrylic lid type covers on Amazon, too.

User avatar
inmbolmie

28 Mar 2020, 18:48

Doomsday terminals from an abandoned NATO command and control bunker in Italy.

Around 8:00 of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SuGOpHh6dU

Spoiler:
doomsday.png
doomsday.png (2.81 MiB) Viewed 2187 times

Googled for the displayed make and model (Delta 7260TC) but found nothing about it.

User avatar
stoddartc1

28 Mar 2020, 21:17

inmbolmie wrote:
28 Mar 2020, 18:48
Doomsday terminals from an abandoned NATO command and control bunker in Italy.

Around 8:00 of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SuGOpHh6dU

Spoiler:
doomsday.png

Googled for the displayed make and model (Delta 7260TC) but found nothing about it.
It's almost certainly a keytronic foam and foil board based off of the keycaps and the hint of a switch you can see in there.
Someone else seems to have found a similiar board, although this one uses Hall Effect switches: viewtopic.php?t=11163

Sbazzeguti

28 Mar 2020, 21:26

Hi, I recently acquired this Ferranti keyboard, not yet in my hands unfortunately. Have you ever seen it?

Thanks!
F2BA9696-2A8C-4012-BDDA-FCB7D6E38296.jpeg
F2BA9696-2A8C-4012-BDDA-FCB7D6E38296.jpeg (160.97 KiB) Viewed 2141 times

User avatar
PlacaFromHell

28 Mar 2020, 22:01

I would like to bump this thing, is intriguing me so bad with that Focus looking mini LED cluster. The guy who owns it say it's labeled with "MDL - CKB 101-102 S/N 713326" but I can't find anything.

Image

User avatar
Polecat

28 Mar 2020, 22:16

PlacaFromHell wrote:
28 Mar 2020, 22:01
I would like to bump this thing, is intriguing me so bad with that Focus looking mini LED cluster. The guy who owns it say it's labeled with "MDL - CKB 101-102 S/N 713326" but I can't find anything.
I had one of those back in the early '90s. Sorry, I don't remember who made it or what's inside, but I can tell you it's not Alps or clicky. I would guess slider and membrane or foam and foil based on how it felt. Like you I really wanted it to be something nice.

User avatar
PlacaFromHell

28 Mar 2020, 22:19

Polecat wrote:
28 Mar 2020, 22:16
PlacaFromHell wrote:
28 Mar 2020, 22:01
I would like to bump this thing, is intriguing me so bad with that Focus looking mini LED cluster. The guy who owns it say it's labeled with "MDL - CKB 101-102 S/N 713326" but I can't find anything.
I had one of those back in the early '90s. Sorry, I don't remember who made it or what's inside, but I can tell you it's not Alps or clicky. I would guess slider and membrane or foam and foil based on how it felt. Like you I really wanted it to be something nice.
Ohhh, that's so sad :( Thanks Polecat, I think my life can go on now.

User avatar
Polecat

29 Mar 2020, 01:20

PlacaFromHell wrote:
28 Mar 2020, 22:19

Ohhh, that's so sad :( Thanks Polecat, I think my life can go on now.
A bit of searching for that model number turned up a video:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av937646 ... 9074192251

This one has a different case, but the same slightly odd layout with the big spacebar. If it's indeed a match it's probably a BTC foam and foil mushmat, which would match what I remember about mine.

Morron

04 Apr 2020, 06:34

Hey again. Does anyone have any info on this keyboard? Can barely find anything online about it.
Image
Image
Thanks! :)

kelvinhall05

04 Apr 2020, 12:45

I would guess Fujitsu Leaf Spring

User avatar
Noobmaen

04 Apr 2020, 12:58

Morron wrote:
04 Apr 2020, 06:34
Hey again. Does anyone have any info on this keyboard? Can barely find anything online
Thanks! :)
I think ITW magnetic valve based on keycap shape

User avatar
dcopellino

05 Apr 2020, 11:53

I find it very futuristic.I love it! Please let us know if you'll be able to bring it back to life, connecting it to a modern pc.

I browsed more info here

kelvinhall05

05 Apr 2020, 15:21

Got a fun challenge for you guys.
https://youtu.be/7Zih6R2ZLDw?t=146
In this video, at the timestamp, there is what appears to be a battleship or battlecruiser of some sort with a motorized, pop-up display.

I want this so fucking bad. What is it?

User avatar
AFistfulOfDells

05 Apr 2020, 15:34

kelvinhall05 wrote:
05 Apr 2020, 15:21
Got a fun challenge for you guys.
https://youtu.be/7Zih6R2ZLDw?t=146
In this video, at the timestamp, there is what appears to be a battleship or battlecruiser of some sort with a motorized, pop-up display.

I want this so fucking bad. What is it?
It's a little too crunched down in the frame to really tell, but I believe that it's going to be a Decision Data /HP? C1410A similar to this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/122-Key-Termin ... Swl2Bdk8RV

*Display notwithstanding, never seen anything like that before hot damn!

kelvinhall05

05 Apr 2020, 15:50

AFistfulOfDells wrote:
05 Apr 2020, 15:34
kelvinhall05 wrote:
05 Apr 2020, 15:21
Got a fun challenge for you guys.
https://youtu.be/7Zih6R2ZLDw?t=146
In this video, at the timestamp, there is what appears to be a battleship or battlecruiser of some sort with a motorized, pop-up display.

I want this so fucking bad. What is it?
It's a little too crunched down in the frame to really tell, but I believe that it's going to be a Decision Data /HP? C1410A similar to this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/122-Key-Termin ... Swl2Bdk8RV

*Display notwithstanding, never seen anything like that before hot damn!
Oh yeah, I don't even care about the rest of the keyboard, but fuck *me* that display :lol:

It also appears the top 24 keys might be relegendables, although basically any keyboard can have those so it's not an indication of what it is.

davkol

07 Apr 2020, 18:46

Thoughts? My guess is a Siemens terminal.

Image

User avatar
Keybug

08 Apr 2020, 21:22

Yeah, Siemens / Tandberg, that the switch? wiki/Siemens_STB_11

browncow

09 Apr 2020, 12:46

Image
found this guy on auction site, from the missing keycap looks like keytronic foam and foil switches but the layout is a bit weird and what the heck is that huge ass button i suppose on the left? does that activate nuclear launchers or what? :lol: i have no idea what this could be as there's no picture of the backplate good enough to read anyhting

ntv242

09 Apr 2020, 14:38

browncow wrote:
09 Apr 2020, 12:46
Image
found this guy on auction site, from the missing keycap looks like keytronic foam and foil switches but the layout is a bit weird and what the heck is that huge ass button i suppose on the left? does that activate nuclear launchers or what? :lol: i have no idea what this could be as there's no picture of the backplate good enough to read anyhting
Looks like one of these things:

https://vintagetek.org/4100-4200-series ... a-unicorn/

User avatar
Zbrojovka

10 Apr 2020, 22:51

180279310.jpg
180279310.jpg (362.28 KiB) Viewed 1183 times
Does anyone recognize this keyboard?

I think I've seen it in one of Chyroses reviews, but can't figure out which one.

User avatar
Chyros

11 Apr 2020, 00:45

It looks like my Siemens, but I've never reviewed this.

User avatar
chip chop

11 Apr 2020, 01:03

It looks pretty close to this one.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yndCXP0ZkOQ

kelvinhall05

12 Apr 2020, 20:44

ohaimark wrote:
01 Nov 2016, 22:53
The font says Alps to me, as does the LED hole location on the GRAPH key. It could also be upside down MX switches, but the font is wrong for an MX 'board.

Edit: I made an offer on it. Fairly low, though, so someone could still get it if they want it.

See this photo:
Image

Compared to:
Image
Ok this is a super old pic but did you ever figure out what it is? I want it. I want it bad.

User avatar
Zbrojovka

12 Apr 2020, 23:27

Chyros wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 00:45
It looks like my Siemens, but I've never reviewed this.
I wasn't talking about a review on this keyboard. I think you've shown it while talking about cable gutters. But maybe I'm just wrong.

User avatar
Zbrojovka

12 Apr 2020, 23:30

chip chop wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 01:03
It looks pretty close to this one.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yndCXP0ZkOQ
Yeah. And description to my keyboard says its clicky. And that strange cable gutter meaning that it could be meant to be portable. It probably has complicated Alps in it.

User avatar
Polecat

12 Apr 2020, 23:38

Zbrojovka wrote:
12 Apr 2020, 23:30
chip chop wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 01:03
It looks pretty close to this one.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yndCXP0ZkOQ
Yeah. And description to my keyboard says its clicky. And that strange cable gutter meaning that it could be meant to be portable. It probably has complicated Alps in it.
Definitely for a portable/luggable. Windows keys date it to 1995 or later, so probably not complicated Alps. Some versions of those luggable keyboards had Cherry MX blues or blacks.

Edit: here's an earlier version with a different layout and MX blues:

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=16741&p=374589&hil ... en#p374589

I have one just like this in black with Dolch caps, also with MX blues. And a white Alps keyboard in the exact same colors and layout. They made these luggables for many years, and there were a lot of variations. Most were poorly made, so not many have survived.

grodzio

13 Apr 2020, 13:30

Does anyone know what switch is that in the photo?
Attachments
unknown switch.PNG
unknown switch.PNG (2.56 MiB) Viewed 932 times

User avatar
Chyros

13 Apr 2020, 14:53

grodzio wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 13:30
Does anyone know what switch is that in the photo?
Focus dome with slider

kelvinhall05

13 Apr 2020, 15:42


User avatar
Zbrojovka

14 Apr 2020, 22:36

Polecat wrote:
12 Apr 2020, 23:38
Windows keys date it to 1995 or later, so probably not complicated Alps. Some versions of those luggable keyboards had Cherry MX blues or blacks.
Oh, Windows keys. Seller says it's clicky, so it should be Cherry MX Blues.

Post Reply

Return to “Keyboards”