IDENTIFY THE KEYBOARD thread

kelvinhall05

04 Jun 2020, 03:55

lauralouise wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 03:04
I know the person who got it. I am still salty because I messaged him months ago when the listing went up as there were no pics of the keyboards. I was quite rudely told that he wouldn't take pics, so I passed on the listing only for the seller to post pics later and for that other person to get it...oh well.
ohmygawwwwd so jealoussssssss. you wanna PM me their address? if you go in on a heist with me we can take turns with the keyboard :-)
[/quote]

Hahahaha..no :P

lauralouise

04 Jun 2020, 05:21

well i'm glad someone snagged this beauty then. hope you get to see it all shined up and clean!

Alectardy98

04 Jun 2020, 12:15

Any info on this weird guy

https://www.ebay.es/itm/174305425886
Attachments
0B575EBB-91EF-4490-BF76-DB23B470FB55.png
0B575EBB-91EF-4490-BF76-DB23B470FB55.png (2.28 MiB) Viewed 1942 times

User avatar
Felima

04 Jun 2020, 12:25

Alectardy98 wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 12:15
Any info on this weird guy

https://www.ebay.es/itm/174305425886
Trashed Olivetti dome with slider

Alectardy98

04 Jun 2020, 14:16

thank you so much! I want to restore it ! and now I can !
Does anyone know of a place where I could get the remaining parts from ? or should I just keep an eye on eBay?

User avatar
Felima

05 Jun 2020, 08:47

Alectardy98 wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 14:16
thank you so much! I want to restore it ! and now I can !
Does anyone know of a place where I could get the remaining parts from ? or should I just keep an eye on eBay?
There are quite few of keyboards with the same switches so you could harvest one, I am not sure about the keycaps though

Razerban

05 Jun 2020, 13:36

Hello guys!

Does anyone of you recognise any of these keyboards ?
Are those mechanical keyboards ?

The first one is a Nixdorf Siemes keyboard, the second one is a Desko MCL 4714 keyboard.

1.
Image

2.
Image
Image

Thanks!

User avatar
Myoth

05 Jun 2020, 13:40

Razerban wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 13:36
Hello guys!

Does anyone of you recognise any of these keyboards ?
Are those mechanical keyboards ?

The first one is a Nixdorf Siemes keyboard, the second one is a Desko MCL 4714 keyboard.
Spoiler:
1.
Image

2.
Image
Image
Thanks!
Salut ! The first one is not mechanical, and the second one might be, but I wouldn't gamble on it

Razerban

05 Jun 2020, 13:44

Myoth wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 13:40
Razerban wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 13:36
Hello guys!

Does anyone of you recognise any of these keyboards ?
Are those mechanical keyboards ?

The first one is a Nixdorf Siemes keyboard, the second one is a Desko MCL 4714 keyboard.
Spoiler:
1.
Image

2.
Image
Image
Thanks!
Salut ! The first one is not mechanical, and the second one might be, but I wouldn't gamble on it
Bonjour !

Thank your for your prompt answer.

I suspected that the first one isn't a mechanical one but I wanted another opinion on that.
About the second one, I know that Cherry used to manufacture keyboards for Desko but I'm not sure if it's mechanical or not.

User avatar
Myoth

05 Jun 2020, 13:59

Razerban wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 13:44
Myoth wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 13:40
Razerban wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 13:36
Hello guys!

Does anyone of you recognise any of these keyboards ?
Are those mechanical keyboards ?

The first one is a Nixdorf Siemes keyboard, the second one is a Desko MCL 4714 keyboard.
Spoiler:
1.
Image

2.
Image
Image
Thanks!
Salut ! The first one is not mechanical, and the second one might be, but I wouldn't gamble on it
Bonjour !

Thank your for your prompt answer.

I suspected that the first one isn't a mechanical one but I wanted another opinion on that.
About the second one, I know that Cherry used to manufacture keyboards for Desko but I'm not sure if it's mechanical or not.
They indeed did, and you usually can tell from the top because MY uses those white membrane, contrary to the brown (dark essentially) pcb MX sit on.

I would say it's MX, but I'm surprised it would come with lasered caps which are cheap, when most of the time, MX comes with doubleshot caps (expensive) and MY with dye subs (cheap). Which is why I'm not sure :?

Razerban

05 Jun 2020, 16:01

I'm thinking about buying it. The seller is asking for 30€.

Also, what do you think of this one ?

Image

John Doe

05 Jun 2020, 16:56

Quite Siemens style keycaps, 30€ still okay.

User avatar
Myoth

05 Jun 2020, 17:03

Razerban wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 16:01
I'm thinking about buying it. The seller is asking for 30€.

Also, what do you think of this one ?
Spoiler:
Image
A geekhack thread mentions Cherry ML, but these caps are also present on Rubber domes and Siemens STB switches. So I don't really know

Razerban

05 Jun 2020, 17:06

John Doe wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 16:56
Quite Siemens style keycaps, 30€ still okay.
30€ is the price for the Desko keyboard. Do you have an opinion on that one ?

kmnov2017

05 Jun 2020, 17:50

Razerban wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 17:06
John Doe wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 16:56
Quite Siemens style keycaps, 30€ still okay.
30€ is the price for the Desko keyboard. Do you have an opinion on that one ?
If its cherry MX black, then definitely worth it...

User avatar
OleVoip

05 Jun 2020, 18:14

Myoth wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 17:03
Razerban wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 16:01
Also, what do you think of this one ?
Spoiler:
Image
A geekhack thread mentions Cherry ML, but these caps are also present on Rubber domes and Siemens STB switches. So I don't really know
I'd assume that one to have STB switches – the lasered tops speak against it, but don't rule it out, and the style of the slim caps would be different if this one had rubber domes.
Yes, you could also find Cherry ML, Sasse or even foam'n foil switches under Siemens-style caps, but only with very specific boards that look much different from that one.

Razerban

05 Jun 2020, 18:45

Thank you for your detailed reply.
You seem knowledgeable about old vintage keyboards, what's your opinion about the Desko keyboard I posted earlier ?

Razerban

05 Jun 2020, 18:45

OleVoip wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 18:14
Myoth wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 17:03
Razerban wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 16:01
Also, what do you think of this one ?
Spoiler:
Image
A geekhack thread mentions Cherry ML, but these caps are also present on Rubber domes and Siemens STB switches. So I don't really know
I'd assume that one to have STB switches – the lasered tops speak against it, but don't rule it out, and the style of the slim caps would be different if this one had rubber domes.
Yes, you could also find Cherry ML, Sasse or even foam'n foil switches under Siemens-style caps, but only with very specific boards that look much different from that one.
Thank you for your detailed reply.
You seem knowledgeable about old vintage keyboards, what's your opinion about the Desko keyboard I posted earlier ?

User avatar
kbdfr
The Tiproman

05 Jun 2020, 18:48

kmnov2017 wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 17:50
Razerban wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 17:06
John Doe wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 16:56
Quite Siemens style keycaps, 30€ still okay.
30€ is the price for the Desko keyboard. Do you have an opinion on that one ?
If its cherry MX black, then definitely worth it...
As it has lasered caps (recognizable by the bars on the F and J keys), it will most certainly have MY switches.

Razerban

05 Jun 2020, 19:09

kbdfr wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 18:48
kmnov2017 wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 17:50
Razerban wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 17:06


30€ is the price for the Desko keyboard. Do you have an opinion on that one ?
If its cherry MX black, then definitely worth it...
As it has lasered caps (recognizable by the bars on the F and J keys), it will most certainly have MY switches.
Thank you for your input.

Razerban

05 Jun 2020, 22:29

ntv242 wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 20:44
Razerban wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 17:06
John Doe wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 16:56
Quite Siemens style keycaps, 30€ still okay.
30€ is the price for the Desko keyboard. Do you have an opinion on that one ?
Hey man just wanna jump in and say i have seen that board floating on ebay for ages so there definitely something that keeping it there. Be it someone already asked but the seller won't take off a cap, or the seller did and it is MY switches. So yeah my advice is to stay away from it XD
I see. I have asked the seller to remove a keycap and see what's underneath it but no answer so far.
I think I'm gonna pass on it at a second thought.
Thanks for the advice ;)

Razerban

06 Jun 2020, 10:12

Hello again!
I found this Philips keyboard on a French advertising website.
Do you if it's worth th 20€ the seller is asking ? Is it mechanical ?

Image
Image
Image

ARCTIC

08 Jun 2020, 17:00

Guys, can you help me identifying this keyboard? It looks like a Model F clone and switches look similar to Cherry MX Blacks, but im not sure. https://imgur.com/a/0mfwGOV

User avatar
Myoth

08 Jun 2020, 17:06

Razerban wrote:
06 Jun 2020, 10:12
Hello again!
I found this Philips keyboard on a French advertising website.
Do you if it's worth th 20€ the seller is asking ? Is it mechanical ?
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image
it is mechanical, it uses those switches : wiki/Ericsson_RMD_973_series
ARCTIC wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 17:00
Guys, can you help me identifying this keyboard? It looks like a Model F clone and switches look similar to Cherry MX Blacks, but im not sure. https://imgur.com/a/0mfwGOV
Probably a Chicony KB-5150, as the logo suggests

Razerban

08 Jun 2020, 17:42

Myoth wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 17:06
Razerban wrote:
06 Jun 2020, 10:12
Hello again!
I found this Philips keyboard on a French advertising website.
Do you if it's worth th 20€ the seller is asking ? Is it mechanical ?
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image
it is mechanical, it uses those switches : wiki/Ericsson_RMD_973_series
ARCTIC wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 17:00
Guys, can you help me identifying this keyboard? It looks like a Model F clone and switches look similar to Cherry MX Blacks, but im not sure. https://imgur.com/a/0mfwGOV
Probably a Chicony KB-5150, as the logo suggests
Thank you for your answer!

ARCTIC

08 Jun 2020, 18:14

Myoth wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 17:06
Razerban wrote:
06 Jun 2020, 10:12
Hello again!
I found this Philips keyboard on a French advertising website.
Do you if it's worth th 20€ the seller is asking ? Is it mechanical ?
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image
it is mechanical, it uses those switches : wiki/Ericsson_RMD_973_series
ARCTIC wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 17:00
Guys, can you help me identifying this keyboard? It looks like a Model F clone and switches look similar to Cherry MX Blacks, but im not sure. https://imgur.com/a/0mfwGOV
Probably a Chicony KB-5150, as the logo suggests
thanks for the answer!
do you think it has MX Blacks?

MacV2

08 Jun 2020, 18:18

(Just deleted my old thread and reposted it here. I didn't know there was a thread for it lol)
It appears to be a Brazilian made board (it's probably a rebranded board, but I'm not sure). It seems to be from 1988 ("DATA: 88"), it uses a 34-pin serial connector.
There are some pictures on the listing. I've attached the best ones here. There's a symbol stamped on the switch and probably the brand's name, but I can't make out what's written in there. I'll ask the seller to see if he can attach some better pictures on the listing.

The switch looks like the ITT ETL18, but it isn't an exact match.
wiki/ITT_ETL18

https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB ... r-db34-_JM

(I'm almost buying it to take a closer look, it's really rare to find ancient keyboards like this in Brazil and the pricing is not that bad.)
Attachments
Screenshot_3478.png
Screenshot_3478.png (1.75 MiB) Viewed 2471 times
Screenshot_3477.png
Screenshot_3477.png (1.11 MiB) Viewed 2471 times
Screenshot_3476.png
Screenshot_3476.png (1.25 MiB) Viewed 2471 times
Screenshot_3475.png
Screenshot_3475.png (936.42 KiB) Viewed 2471 times
Screenshot_3474.png
Screenshot_3474.png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 2471 times
Screenshot_3473.png
Screenshot_3473.png (414.83 KiB) Viewed 2471 times

Razerban

08 Jun 2020, 20:10

ARCTIC wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 18:14
Myoth wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 17:06
Razerban wrote:
06 Jun 2020, 10:12
Hello again!
I found this Philips keyboard on a French advertising website.
Do you if it's worth th 20€ the seller is asking ? Is it mechanical ?
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image
it is mechanical, it uses those switches : wiki/Ericsson_RMD_973_series
ARCTIC wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 17:00
Guys, can you help me identifying this keyboard? It looks like a Model F clone and switches look similar to Cherry MX Blacks, but im not sure. https://imgur.com/a/0mfwGOV
Probably a Chicony KB-5150, as the logo suggests
thanks for the answer!
do you think it has MX Blacks?
The second image shows two MX blacks switches.

User avatar
arcanius

10 Jun 2020, 06:33

This keyboard was found in an industrial setting (as evidenced by its cleanliness). My girlfriend saw it and instantly knew I'd be interested in it, but she wasn't allowed to touch or pull caps.
I thought Unitek/Chicony initially, but the AEKII-like profile, relegendable caps, and the position of the lock lights is something I haven't seen before. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Attachments
101386319_255185262363300_4363427275106942976_n.jpg
101386319_255185262363300_4363427275106942976_n.jpg (814.27 KiB) Viewed 2360 times
101398135_734740843934245_3103672925778083840_n.jpg
101398135_734740843934245_3103672925778083840_n.jpg (599.85 KiB) Viewed 2360 times
Last edited by arcanius on 10 Jun 2020, 06:40, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PlacaFromHell

10 Jun 2020, 06:39

arcanius wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 06:33
This keyboard was found in an industrial setting (as evidenced by its cleanliness). My girlfriend saw it and instantly knew I'd be interested in it, but she wasn't allowed to touch or pull caps.
I thought Unikey/Chicony initially, but the AEKII-like profile, relegendable caps, and the position of the lock lights is something I haven't seen before. Any ideas?

Cheers,
I had the exact same keyboard. It has rubberdomes and the keycaps are not removable, so be careful.

Post Reply

Return to “Keyboards”