[IC] Realforce 55g ISO version

mkarlsson

05 May 2015, 14:42

Hi all,

I did contact Keyboardco a couple of days ago to ask them about a possible Realforce 55g ISO version. Today I got their their reply.

They say such version has never existed but they will make it if they order enough units. But Keyboardco is unsure about the demand of such version.

They will be placing an order very soon, so I thought it would be a good idea to check the demand here and let them know the post for their information.

What do you guys think about it? would it be a demanded product? please if you are interested leave a comment.

I would certantly get one!

Regards.

deeyay

05 May 2015, 14:45

I think the threshold for such thing would be like 50-100 units so I find it highly unlikely to happen. Me myself prefer 45g.

Ha det!

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

05 May 2015, 14:46

you probably won't get enough people together who want ISO.

wlhlm
~

05 May 2015, 14:46

I think you should ask over at Geekhack and /r/mk as well. I think there will also be some interested in this keyboard.

BTW, are you talking about the TKL or the full-size?

Topre Enthusiast

05 May 2015, 14:51

Something similar was tried before. After getting 10 interested people, Bruce from keyboardco discovered that the MOQ was higher than anticipated.

mkarlsson

05 May 2015, 14:53

wlhlm wrote: I think you should ask over at Geekhack and /r/mk as well. I think there will also be some interested in this keyboard.

BTW, are you talking about the TKL or the full-size?
True, I will also go to Geekhack.

I am more interested on the TKL version.

If you all could also comment on the preferred size would be great cause I didn't specify the size to Keyboardco.

mkarlsson

05 May 2015, 14:56

002 wrote: Something similar was tried before. After getting 10 interested people, Bruce from keyboardco discovered that the MOQ was higher than anticipated.
Wasn't that for Swe/fin layout version? In this case it would be for the UK version.

Topre Enthusiast

05 May 2015, 15:04

Yes, it was. I guess what I was trying to point out is that you're going to need a lot of people interested in dropping at least 160 GBP. Have they given you any indication of how many prospective buyers they would need?

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

05 May 2015, 15:06

002 wrote: Yes, it was. I guess what I was trying to point out is that you're going to need a lot of people interested in dropping at least 160 GBP. Have they given you any indication of how many prospective buyers they would need?
Right it's a very specific and expensive item to begin with. Good luck.

amospalla
let's go

05 May 2015, 15:55

I am in the Topre tour (courtesy of 002) this year.

If I like Topre I'll buy one this year, TKL and much better if ISO.

mkarlsson

05 May 2015, 15:58

002 wrote: Yes, it was. I guess what I was trying to point out is that you're going to need a lot of people interested in dropping at least 160 GBP. Have they given you any indication of how many prospective buyers they would need?
Got you, but I guess that UK version would have more demand... But you are right in any case, it will be hard to get the needed people. But I guess that there is no other option than ask people about it and see if its possible. If it's not possible it will be a shame but we have to try at least.

No, I don't know how many people they would need.

Thanks guys!

scottc

05 May 2015, 20:22

I think that's 160 GBP before tax...

deeyay

05 May 2015, 20:36

Yeah with shipping and tax it's around £200.

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

05 May 2015, 22:09

55g is definitely too heavy for me :(

Also the keyboardco has amazingly friendly staff but their prices are pretty steep :\ The Realforce 88UB (45g) is 192 pounds before shipping. Ouchies. On the other hand they're the only ones selling them...

Khers

05 May 2015, 22:20

Spikebolt wrote: 55g is definitely too heavy for me :(

Also the keyboardco has amazingly friendly staff but their prices are pretty steep :\ The Realforce 88UB (45g) is 192 pounds before shipping. Ouchies. On the other hand they're the only ones selling them...
Unless you source them from outside Europe. If they had lower prices I would consider buying from them, but it's too expensive in comparison to shopping for Topre in the US or Japan...

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

05 May 2015, 22:33

I agree but if you take into account the cost of proxying, double shipping and customs fees the final value is probably more expensive...

Khers

05 May 2015, 22:40

Which is why you should travel more! :D

Or have others travel for you! :o

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

05 May 2015, 22:53

I should totally travel more. If only I didn't spend all my money on keyboards I'd have money to travel and buy keyboards :\

Cafeine

06 May 2015, 01:22

Too late, I only use ANSI versions now. I'll get one more in Japan next week. :P My HHKB Type-S is already waiting for me. :P (yep, travels ARE good for keyboards. WHO KNEW! :P)

chalks

06 May 2015, 11:14

My only mechanical keyboard is a stock ISO Novatouch which I think is 45g Topre. Please could someone describe the difference in feel to 55g Topre.

phinix

18 Dec 2016, 23:04

How did this go?

How many people was interested in ISO 55g?

Those new Topre RGB keyboards come with cherry compatible stems, but still 45g.
Is the any contact details to Topre to ask if they have plans releasing new keyboards with 55g?

t!ng
Awake Sheep

19 Dec 2016, 14:19

Would be great if they could offer one in white. Only black 45g available.

phinix

21 Dec 2016, 13:59

t!ng wrote: Would be great if they could offer one in white. Only black 45g available.
Yep, white ones especially...

Return to “Keyboards”