Razer Go Ninja

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Aug 2011, 22:19

All previous Empires in history have fallen, and all had their defining moments which proved to be the turning point. The Roman Empire had the Battle of Adrianople. Or was it merely the high point of decadency and corruption? The Ottoman Empire had the Gallipoli Campaign. In a hundred years they will look back and define this moment for the USA. My guess is that the 5 levels of backlighting in this keyboard, while wars are fought and economies are downgraded, will be a prime candidate. I think there's some undiscovered Law of Nature, a variant of the laws covering Entropy vs Enthalpy, that will say "That's it, no more! You can't do that! Any more of this and the Universe will implode on itself!", and this is truly the beginning of the end, and not some rich guys and banks looting the middle class.

itlnstln

30 Aug 2011, 22:23

I hope you're right.

Ninjas
Pandas
Zombies

Everything on the Web the past several years can be summed up in those three words.

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Aug 2011, 22:26

You forgot Pirates. Clickclack keys fall under this category.

woody
Count Troller

31 Aug 2011, 10:29

Moar zombies!
Spoiler:

itlnstln

31 Aug 2011, 14:15

webwit wrote:You forgot Pirates. Clickclack keys fall under this category.
Dammit! I knew I forgot one. I've pondered for literally ones of seconds on how these objects become the fixation of such a massive group of people. I then finished dropping my morning deuce and moved on with life.

ripster

31 Aug 2011, 19:09

Copied the Filco name.

Where's Johnny Cochran?

Southparkfan1999

26 Nov 2011, 03:46

hey I'm thinking about buying a cherry blue board I'm currently looking at Razer and das any other recommendations

zoidbergslo

26 Nov 2011, 15:53

rosewill and filco :)

ripster

27 Nov 2011, 03:32

Depends on what country you are in.

graboy

19 Dec 2011, 23:01

I hate how Razer tries to promote their switches as their own technology. Their "Improvements" is only their failed attempts at creating a generally more quiet keyboard through just popping in a different switch. What they really need to do is change the technology, make something exclusive to that keyboard that no other mainstream keyboards have.

webwit
Wild Duck

19 Dec 2011, 23:06

Do you think they'll go for a Razer Beam Spring?

graboy

19 Dec 2011, 23:33

Are you asking me?
Well, I'm not that familiar with the beam spring keyswitch, but it actually seems like something that should be looked into. Unfortunately, telling from the pictures on the wiki, the switch is huge, but I guess it could be reformatted.

http://deskthority.net/w/images/a/a3/Be ... -side.jpeg

Actually, reading up on this switch makes me actually kind of interested in one. Has anyone had experience with one before?

webwit
Wild Duck

19 Dec 2011, 23:42

It's the best switch ever made, with the slight handicap that keyboards with beam springs cannot be connected to modern computers. This makes these keyboards unfit for gaming.

graboy

19 Dec 2011, 23:59

Wow, I really want one now. :D

If they were to be revised, I honestly wouldn't want Razer to do it, but I really wish they were somehow available. Razer would cheap out on them so bad the spring would be made of plastic. The other [type of] switch I'd love to see again is something like the Cherry ML switches. I like scissor switch a lot, actually, probably because it was the first switch I learned to type on. But even with Razer's Switchblade laptop they might as well done something special with the keyboard switches. Not to get too off topic here, but how/why is Cherry still making keyboards with the discontinued ML switch? And does anyone even know why the ML switch has that problem with they keys not being able to be pressed down if you hit the edges?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

21 Dec 2011, 18:16

graboy wrote:Wow, I really want one now. :D

If they were to be revised, I honestly wouldn't want Razer to do it, but I really wish they were somehow available. Razer would cheap out on them so bad the spring would be made of plastic. The other [type of] switch I'd love to see again is something like the Cherry ML switches. I like scissor switch a lot, actually, probably because it was the first switch I learned to type on. But even with Razer's Switchblade laptop they might as well done something special with the keyboard switches. Not to get too off topic here, but how/why is Cherry still making keyboards with the discontinued ML switch? And does anyone even know why the ML switch has that problem with they keys not being able to be pressed down if you hit the edges?
What makes you think the ML switch is discontinued? The switch is still in production and you can still order it from Cherry.

http://www.cherry.de/deutsch/schalter_s ... ule_ML.htm

Return to “Keyboards”