I made a poll on Massdrop for some nice (PBT) backlit keysets

Zaphir

12 Dec 2015, 15:55

Hello guys. :)

I just found out that GeekKeys is now selling a few new keysets. Some of them are Vortex backlit PBT+POM sets, Rainbow, Blue and Purple Ombre respectively. I think these look pretty cool, so I decided to check out interest in these sets.

I would buy one of these if they were to be in a drop.
As you know, PBT backlit sets aren't easy to find, and these a thick PBT goodness. ;)

You can vote here: https://www.massdrop.com/vote/Vortex-th ... it-keysets

Let's make this happen!

trenzafeeds

14 Dec 2015, 02:11

Why not just buy them from Geekkeys and support Feng?

KRKS

14 Dec 2015, 08:16

Exactly. The less stuff is confined to MD, the better the community buys fare.

Zaphir

14 Dec 2015, 16:54

I found that for some people living outside the US (like me) getting this kind of stuff from Massdrop is cheaper than buying directly from the vendor website. This would cost me $59.99 + $12.73 ( Total = $72.72 with shipping ) if I order from GeekKeys (I checked). And I'm not counting in the increased price due to customs additional fees and such.
This would cost me less through Massdrop and I am fine with the longer waiting time to get something delivered. I've bought a few things from there before and I have some more stuff coming soon and I never had a problem with Massdrop.

The vote count is currently standing at 116 votes, so as you can see there's some interest in bringing these sets to Massdrop.

trenzafeeds

14 Dec 2015, 16:57

Would it really cost less to ship int from MD? In my experience MD's int shipping is quite insane.

KRKS

14 Dec 2015, 21:29

Zaphir wrote: I found that for some people living outside the US (like me) getting this kind of stuff from Massdrop is cheaper than buying directly from the vendor website.
Not sure what you're smoking, but it's clearly too much.

Zaphir

14 Dec 2015, 22:05

KRKS wrote:
Zaphir wrote: I found that for some people living outside the US (like me) getting this kind of stuff from Massdrop is cheaper than buying directly from the vendor website.
Math isn't your forte I see. It's okay.

scottc

14 Dec 2015, 22:06

Nah, I've got to agree with KRKS.

trenzafeeds

14 Dec 2015, 22:17

Zaphir wrote:
KRKS wrote:
Math isn't your forte I see. It's okay.
Yeah... have you ever ordered anything from massdrop?

Zaphir

15 Dec 2015, 13:08

trenzafeeds wrote: Yeah... have you ever ordered anything from massdrop?
3 keysets, 2 artisans, 1 keyboard, 1 switch tester and more that I can't remember right now.

Return to “Keyboards”