The Switch Try Numpad arrived home this week...

Mrinterface

21 Sep 2011, 20:37

I also posted this on geekhack but thought I'd post on deskthority as well :

The Switch Try Numpad arrived ( finally ) after an almost year long trip : I even made a video for it :
Several things might change for the next iteration of the Switch Try Numpad :

1. Decentralized control -> Ceesa over at deskthority.net proved this method to be pretty fast and secure. This would mean the participants on the list will have to figure out for themselves who they send the sinklist item to. They just need to check the sinklist which I will maintain.
2. No FCFS ( First Come First Serve ) anymore. The sinklist will start sometime and participants will be added until it is sent out for the first time. The order in which the sinklist item will be sent is largely influenced by geographic constraints so the overall followed route will be close to optimal. I already implemented this on a smaller scale ( I reordered sinklist members according to their location ).
3. The STN will have more diverse keyswitches. Maybe someone can spare a topre or buckling spring key? Ceesa and I are currently brainstorming as to how this would work/look.
4. In the future I'd like to have a major sinklist item per continent , so the sinklist item stays in that continent indefinitely.
5. Sinklist item threads will be merged : this will make overall sinklist maintenance less of a hassle.
6. I will add the following requirement to participate : You PLEDGE you will send the sinklist item out to the next member within 2 days(!) after receiving it.
7. I'd like to create a website to track the sinklist items so you can see the path it followed ( from city to city detail ). Any web-developers willing to help me out with this are very welcome(!) since I lack the skills to create it myself.

Any comments are welcome.

Regards.

Return to “Keyboards”