New Leopolds coming to EK

whiskerBox

07 Oct 2011, 08:58

Just got this email!

Greetings EK Subscribers,

New for Fall

Leopold and EliteKeyboards are proud to announce Tenkeyless Leopold keyboards with Red Cherry MX linear switches as well as a very limited edition Tenkeyless with Clear Cherry MX tactile switches.

Presale for these new boards begins, through both EK and Leopold Korea websites, on Oct. 13th. Shipping begins on Oct. 23rd **

In addition, EK will be simultaneously releasing Tenkeyless Leopold boards in WHITE with a variety switch options.

** Some model variants will be exclusive to EK or Leopold Korea, respectively. Shipment date is tentative.

Also, new colorful Cherry MX keycaps for your Leopold or Cherry MX-based keyboard:
http://www.elitekeyboards.com/products. ... errymxkeys

Anybody have any more info on these new boards?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

07 Oct 2011, 09:08

Nice going on the board with clear switches. At least something new :D

I'm not a fan of the Leopold RGB sets, they are terrible, terrible quality and even smell cheap. Mine lost the print after a few days in use.

whiskerBox

07 Oct 2011, 09:15

Yeah those RGB's look cheap, but the blank wine arrows look kinda cool.

prava

07 Oct 2011, 11:38

Shame we can't get Leopolds in Europe...

...well, we can, but no way I'm going to go for the customs hassle when I can get filco's in the UK for more or less the same price (if you consider shipping + customs, that is).

Spharx

07 Oct 2011, 12:19

Well Leopold is possibly still searching distributors for Europe/Germany.
At one conversation about this topic I could provide the responsible person for this things only with the links of the keyboardco & getdigital. Keyboardco refused because they are focusing on filcos.
So if someone knows a good distributor that could take care of maybe something could be dealed out.
Last edited by Spharx on 07 Oct 2011, 12:23, edited 1 time in total.

webwit
Wild Duck

07 Oct 2011, 12:22

That "some reason" is probably simply that keyboardco is a distributor of the Filco brand, why cannibalize Filco sales (if their deal doesn't prevent that in the first place)? Speaking about keyboardco, they don't have a problem selling Filcos on the US market... the Amazon shop was a great move.

prava

07 Oct 2011, 14:41

Any chance about doing a Leopold group buy? ;)

sixty
Gasbag Guru

07 Oct 2011, 15:49

I'm sure we could work something out if enough people were interested. Maybe Brian would give some discounts for a big order.

webwit
Wild Duck

07 Oct 2011, 15:53

When I ordered a bunch of Filcos I was given a discount, but that was over 2 years ago.

ripster

07 Oct 2011, 16:47

I never got a discount. In fact he shorted me a Red ESC key once.

Brian always did like Webwit best.

webwit
Wild Duck

08 Oct 2011, 00:53

In my last communication with Brian he said he doesn't really care for forums. I bet he still isn't over the Filco ZERO thing.

Topre Enthusiast

08 Oct 2011, 01:23

My curiosity is piqued. Tell me about the 'Filco ZERO' thing.

webwit
Wild Duck

08 Oct 2011, 01:29

A geekhack member went on a crusade against EK because he claimed he could type faster than the Filco ZERO (Filco with fake Alps) could manage. EK later pulled that product. Ripster might remember some of the more colorful details.

itlnstln

08 Oct 2011, 02:04

webwit wrote:A geekhack member went on a crusade against EK because he claimed he could type faster than the Filco ZERO (Filco with fake Alps) could manage. EK later pulled that product. Ripster might remember some of the more colorful details.
Of course, this started the FUD train, which, in turn, caused Brian to pull the Zero. This was the "ping effect" at it's worst. Needless to say, that member was no longer welcome at EK. That, and another eBay seller blacklisted him too.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

08 Oct 2011, 02:06

And then he used rubber domes only (true story) :)

webwit
Wild Duck

08 Oct 2011, 02:44

I just like this opportunity to remind ripster one ain't much of a troll until you manage to get one senior member to revert to typewriters, and another to rubber domes, and have them write about it happily as some kind of "revenge".

ripster

08 Oct 2011, 02:47

I like to focus on the bigger picture.

Witness:

Good idea for Majestouch expand the tenkeyless line. $99 Newegg Rosewill RK-9000's are probably eating Elitekeyboard's lunch.

ripster

08 Oct 2011, 02:51

BTW the ultimate troll is to make someone start their own keyboard forums. I think I was the primary impetus for KeyboardScience.org and now Keyboardlover.com/forum making ME the clear winner of any troll poll Deskthority.net decides to run.

I had NOTHING to do with Princess Runeazn's forum. I think his mother eventually shut that one down.

webwit
Wild Duck

08 Oct 2011, 03:02

Princess Runeazn was just inspired by a fresh, brand new forum called deskthority. We inspire a lot of people. One guy started his own subforum on geekhack in a delusional attempt to mirror the Oracle and next wants to copy the wiki format!

cable

09 Oct 2011, 23:25

sixty wrote:I'm sure we could work something out if enough people were interested. Maybe Brian would give some discounts for a big order.
I'm in!

Khenra

14 Oct 2011, 17:41

I'm also seriously considering buying one of these.. If there's going to be a group buy I will probably be in.

fossala
Elite +1

14 Oct 2011, 17:42

They're already sold out

Khenra

14 Oct 2011, 18:16

No, they're not. They are not in stock because it is a pre-sale.

litster

14 Oct 2011, 18:40

for the sold out models, you can add them to your cart, but when you go to checkout with paypal, it will tell you they are out of stock. You won't know until you actually try to pay.

Khenra

14 Oct 2011, 23:27

Well, they do have a second batch going out on 10 november I think.

Return to “Keyboards”