Interesting find: blue Olivetti dyesubs

Chyros

17 Jul 2016, 18:32

Ran into a fun little thing today, an Olivetti G81-3000 with the fabled thick Cherry dyesubs, except the legends on these are bright blue. The lock light sticker is blue too, and the case appears to be light grey rather than beige — a bit like the Olivetti rubber dome board I scored ages ago.

These are my first Cherry dyesubs, I hadn't found any before these. Interesting find I think. The switches are those vintage MYs that I reviewed a while ago. As I've already done a review on a board like this I figured I might as well make a loose post rather than a whole review :) .

Pictures:

Stabilized

17 Jul 2016, 18:42

Please don't tell me that you found this for 50p at that damn recycling centre! :evil:

Chyros

17 Jul 2016, 18:59

Stabilized wrote: Please don't tell me that you found this for 50p at that damn recycling centre! :evil:
No, I paid a whole pound for this one! Image

I guess I got lucky xD .

scottc

17 Jul 2016, 19:04

Very nice! Shame about the missing keys but really nice nonetheless. :)

LewisR

19 Jul 2016, 07:38

Forget the ABS... these are the OG Cherry caps I want! I've noticed thick PBT caps don't amplify the MX scratchiness sound like the thick ABS.

They look lovely. I wish GMK would have been able to take up doing the PBT Cherry-style caps as well. I have some of the Cherry style IMSTO caps, but unfortunately, I can see the cap stem shape through the top of the cap a bit and the printing has a couple of faded spots, but I still like typing on them better than the ABS caps.

Shihatsu

19 Jul 2016, 12:54

Holy Crap, these look ridiculous awesome! These caps in DE-ISO and I would never have to switch again...

Chyros

19 Jul 2016, 13:58

Short question; what's this OG that people keep talkign about? Oo

scottc

19 Jul 2016, 14:00

It's a stupid name for vintage Cherry caps that originated on Geekhack, I think. Same as the rapper/gangster/whatever meaning.

Chyros

19 Jul 2016, 14:22

Ah, I see. Original gangster caps yo!

Anyway I'll probably be listing these caps for sale or for trade soon, after I've cleaned them and everything :) .

derzemel

19 Jul 2016, 14:36

these look really awesome. I'll keep an eye out for the future trade/sale thread :D

Return to “Keyboards”