2016: what is the best US ANSI tenkeyless to buy in Europe?

Cherry1990

26 Oct 2016, 21:14

Question is easy, answer not, at least for me...

What is the best tenkeyless you can buy in Europe this year? I do not want to make customs happy and rich so, no USA, Japan etc. Not sure about UK... But at least for a while... :(

I was thinking to a Filco, but I read on Amazon US some very bad reviews about quality and post sale support...

I do not want to buy a Ducky again...

Leopold is not available in Europe, I think...

Do you know the Rantopad MXX? Do you have any source for good keyboards in Europe?

Cherry MX Brown or something similar would be the best choice, but with Cherry stem.

Thank you a lot! :P

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

26 Oct 2016, 21:17

Very simple, it will be the one you like the best. ;)

Alkhar

26 Oct 2016, 21:52

You can find the leopold on the widebasket store http://stores.ebay.fr/widebasket

Laser
emacs -nw

26 Oct 2016, 22:05

A CM Storm Novatouch, if you can still find one (hopefully in one of your national online stores)?

seebart

26 Oct 2016, 22:14

Alkhar wrote: You can find the leopold on the widebasket store http://stores.ebay.fr/widebasket
Wow, then I'd definitly go for the Leopold.

Cherry1990

26 Oct 2016, 22:34

Gulp! I was thinking it was in France, but "widebasket" is from South Korea... :cry:

seebart

26 Oct 2016, 22:39

Ugh I thought they were in France too...but the shipping € is modest. :roll:
environ 8,75 EUR Standard Int'l Shipping
for the Leopold FC660M Cherry MX Red PBT.

Cherry1990

26 Oct 2016, 23:48

Shipping cost is not the problem... The problem is the custom lottery... Lottery because you do not know if you will pay 30% or 40% or 50% more... :evil:

DrOpBoX

30 Oct 2016, 09:25

my friend order 2 weeks ago, 2 days ago the leopold is arrived without custom fee...;) But I think it`s just a bet...

infodroid

30 Oct 2016, 15:26

Cherry1990 wrote: I was thinking to a Filco, but I read on Amazon US some very bad reviews about quality and post sale support...

I do not want to buy a Ducky again...
Amazon is not the place to look for unbiased reviews. Also, exactly what kind of "post sale support" are you expecting when you buy a mechanical keyboard?

Filco is still one of the best brands and there is nothing wrong with Ducky.

KÛL ES-87 is a high quality keyboard and very underrated. You can pick one up at Mechanical Keyboards Holland (mechanicalkeyboards.nl).

Cherry1990

31 Oct 2016, 01:43

Nothing wrong with Ducky?!?
Please, read here...
NEVER reply to a customer request is the BEST way to lose him... And also the most idiotic.
But I do not want to speak about Ducky.
infodroid wrote: ... what kind of "post sale support" are you expecting when you buy a mechanical keyboard
To have spare parts? That they reply to my requests? Also a "no, we do not have spare parts for a 200€ or more keyboard..." can be useful...

I cannot remember exactly, I found a couple of problems about not functioning keyboards after few months... If you do not buy in your country, send it back and pay shipment two times can be not funny at all...

Unfortunately "mechanicalkeyboards.nl" has a good catalog but a very little store, nothing is available... :cry: I know that it is not their fault but a fault of the manufacturers that do not product enough keyboards...

Also "getdigital.eu" has availability problems... And a lot of DE keyboard (of course...) that are not interesting for me.

Thank you for your suggestions. ;)

P.S.: Lot of people around think that Filco keycaps are junk... But this is not my problem, I have other keycaps and will replace them immediately. :twisted:

Cherry1990

23 Dec 2016, 20:11

Just bought a «Camo Filco Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless» from "The Keyboard Company". Good an smooth service.
Keyboard seems very good. Already replaced standard ABS keycaps with PBT4 keycaps from IvanIvanovich GB (thank you again Ivan!) with rubber o-rings and.. it is another world!!!

For everyone who want to enjoy a 87-keys keyboard I suggest to check these two software:

EurKEY
AutoHotkey

Both are wonderful piece of software for us, small keyboard lovers! :mrgreen:

Next keyboard? Maybe a Leopold for work... :roll:

Return to “Keyboards”