-p

18 Nov 2016, 22:35

recently see this GB
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=84453.0
What do you think of it? Worth a try?
So far I only tried Cherry profile..

zslane

18 Nov 2016, 22:44

My thoughts are that I like how rounded the corners are, but am disappointed by how shallow the dishing is. I also think there is a bit too much texture to them.

As a designer I would want to know more about the available colors that I would have to work with. Typically a new vendor starts out with very few color options, which puts them far behind the offerings of a company like Signature Plastics. I just don't see enough benefits over DSA to make switching to them (as a designer) worthwhile.

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

19 Nov 2016, 00:13

Thin-ish PBT, uniform profile, and not sculpted enough on top. For me, that's three strikes and out.

niomosy

19 Nov 2016, 01:50

I'm mildly curious and, assuming they do additional runs in the future, may well try them out. Right now money is set for the XMIT hall effect board and Dasher/Dancer sets. Beyond those, I'm trying to avoid putting more money into keyboard stuff unless I really need it.

Chiovatto

08 Dec 2016, 02:53

Techno Trousers wrote: Thin-ish PBT, uniform profile, and not sculpted enough on top. For me, that's three strikes and out.
But what about that for the price?? Since is not that expensive should have a good quality at least...at least....

Return to “Keyboards”