Topre 55g with number pad?

evoman

21 Nov 2016, 19:30

Sorry for a naive question, and I assume the answer is 'no' - but here goes - is there any option for a full sized Topre keyboard with 55g switches? All of the uniform 55g ones are TKL. I might be happy losing the number pad, but I would prefer to just get a full sized keyboard. I suspect I will like the 55g more than the 45g, but an easy solution would be to just try and be happy with the lighter switch.

I know that Topre make a stand alone number pad, but I don't want that sitting around on my desk, and I don't think it would offer the same sort of integrated functionality as an on-board one.

losing_ctrl

23 Nov 2016, 22:44

I'm in the same boat as you - I would love a full sized ANSI 55g (preferably silenced) RealForce. I am unable to even find an all-45g version that is not the hi-pro version.

Why can't RealForce (or PFU for that matter) make a full size keyboard with uniform switches as a regular item? I'm aware the the Ducky special edition that sold out earlier this year, but I missed out on that.

Topre Enthusiast

24 Nov 2016, 00:20

Have a look here:
wiki/Topre_Realforce#Full_size

You can sort the list by 'Key Weight' and find a handful of model numbers that meet your requirements but I don't know if any of them are actually still sold. Looks like the XF140S is though which is a full-sized uniform 45g silenced keyboard in the 15th Anniversary colourway.

Not sure if this interests you but Leopold have released their FC980C which is uniform 45g and has a numpad:
Black model: http://www.leopold.co.kr/?doc=cart/item ... 1479442456
White model: http://www.leopold.co.kr/?doc=cart/item ... 1479442741

losing_ctrl

24 Nov 2016, 00:45

Thanks for those links. I've been watching and waiting for the Leopold FC980C, but am not quite sure I want to pull the trigger on that one, as it's not quite my preferred 100%, but it's really cool anyway.

evoman

24 Nov 2016, 23:04

losing_ctrl wrote: I'm in the same boat as you - I would love a full sized ANSI 55g (preferably silenced) RealForce. I am unable to even find an all-45g version that is not the hi-pro version.

Why can't RealForce (or PFU for that matter) make a full size keyboard with uniform switches as a regular item? I'm aware the the Ducky special edition that sold out earlier this year, but I missed out on that.
I thought that there were several uniform 45g models available - but all 55g ones are TKL. The Leopold looks nice, but is another TKL model, and so fills a niche like the 87U (while being more compact).

Topre Enthusiast

25 Nov 2016, 01:09

Well the Leopold FC980C isn't really TKL -- it has a number pad.

evoman

03 Dec 2016, 01:31

002 wrote: Well the Leopold FC980C isn't really TKL -- it has a number pad.
Yeah, I misread the posting as a reference to the FC660C. I like the 980 design, but I haven't seen one in person, and they don't offer a 55g

lemur

12 Dec 2016, 03:56

not a 55g board...... but uniform 45g.. dont forget about the topre type heaven,.. full size, with ABS caps, made in china... pretty cheap, maybe a bit easier to bite the bullet on if youre simply looking to see if it suits you, probably not too hard to sell.

Return to “Keyboards”