What is the Monterey K104 pinout? Also MASSIVE Monterey K104!!!

Mattr567

10 Feb 2017, 01:02

Hey guys, so I got this massive thing :o And I need the pinout of the PCB to hook up a PS/2 cable to it. The PCB doesn't give any indication of what they are. By default the keyboard is hooked to the PCB internally as you can see.
Last edited by Mattr567 on 11 Feb 2017, 06:34, edited 1 time in total.

E3E

10 Feb 2017, 01:21

This board is nuts, man. I can just imagine you being like "*SLAM* What's the K104 pinout?" The slam being from the weight of that behemoth as you drop it on a desk, of course.

It's so massive for an "Enhanced Keyboard" layout board, haha. It's very cool though.

Mattr567

10 Feb 2017, 01:28

E3E wrote: This board is nuts, man. I can just imagine you being like "*SLAM* What's the K104 pinout?" The slam being from the weight of that behemoth as you drop it on a desk, of course.

It's so massive for an "Enhanced Keyboard" layout board, haha. It's very cool though.
The typing angle is pretty extreme though. Not completely sure what to do with it...SMK is really nice though.

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

10 Feb 2017, 03:46

Well, Maybe if noone can get the pinout for you can always experiment on the other pcb I gave you. I figured the huge case was pretty unique, but I agree that the angle is a bit too steep.

Tuntematon

11 Feb 2017, 04:01

I almost bought this a few times over the past year. I couldn't get past the size of it (and the anticipated issues with getting it to work). It's neat to see a few more pictures of it. The K104 isn't the type of keyboard you would expect to find incorporated into a terminal like this.

elecplus

11 Feb 2017, 13:20

Yours looks identical to mine in most respects, except larger! https://www.elecshopper.com/monterey-k1 ... board.html Mine come with a 5-pin DIN connector. If it helps, I can take the cover off mine so you can see where the cable connects?

Hypersphere

11 Feb 2017, 16:45

If only it had an ANSI Enter and Backslash, I would want to buy it. The steep angle would agree with me -- I sometimes add my own feet to keyboards to raise the angle.

Mattr567

11 Feb 2017, 23:16

elecplus wrote: Yours looks identical to mine in most respects, except larger! https://www.elecshopper.com/monterey-k1 ... board.html Mine come with a 5-pin DIN connector. If it helps, I can take the cover off mine so you can see where the cable connects?
Well I would just need to know the pinout for the connector on the PCB. Is the cable color coded? That should reveal the which pin is which.

catawalks

16 Feb 2017, 00:30

Posting this for future reference in case any else ever comes across this thread with another one of these machines.

Looking down on the connector that is on the PCB as if you were sitting at the keyboard ready to type, the pinout is as follows: Clock, Data, Ground, VCC.

Return to “Keyboards”