Keyboardco experiences?

evoman

15 Feb 2017, 23:09

Not sure this is on topic - but I am wonder if people have a generally positive or negative opinion of keyboardco.com? I have done a few transactions with them and it has been pretty horrible, and I have vowed to avoid them in the future. But perhaps I have just been unlucky?

Topre Enthusiast

15 Feb 2017, 23:27

What happened?

Daniel Beardsmore

15 Feb 2017, 23:38

Mu likes to moan about their prices, but if you don't want Chinese slaves or mindless drones you have to pay extra. I've never had any issue with them as a company, although Andy's first attempt to repair my defective Majestouch may have been a bit sub-par as it broke again later (I never saw the damage but it was either detached solder or a detached pad ultimately caused by a switch not mounted properly before being soldered).

codemonkeymike

16 Feb 2017, 00:17

I ordered some switches from them with no issue. What do you define as horrible transactions? I think we all have thresholds for certain things for example those who have a conniption over their keycaps being shaken around in transit is something I will never understand as I would be fine with that.

pdc

16 Feb 2017, 15:57

FWIW, I bought a keyboard from them last year and it was fine.

IKSLM

16 Feb 2017, 19:52

Bought about 5 keyboards from them (filco, topre), no problems at all. One keyboard i even got in 25 hours (i'm from Slovenia) - a record time i'd say :D

randomist

17 Feb 2017, 20:42

Ive dealt with keyboardco twice and had no issues. I never needed customer service, so can't comment on that side of things.

czarek

18 Feb 2017, 11:04

I only had super positive experience with them. Great contacts and always willing to help and solve any issues that sometimes happen. We're really lucky to have such company locally in Europe. As for prices, come on, you can get a brand new Filco for 100 quid + VAT (or no VAT if you've got registered business), or Realforce for 150 :)

ShivaYash

19 Feb 2017, 11:20

I don't like them. I speak from two personal experiences. Nice people to deal with initially (when taking your money) but when things go wrong, they aren't that willing. The issue was sorted in the end but it took too long and left me feeling annoyed [POUTING FACE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Keyboards”