Porting qmk into BLE enabled MCU

xcfs

27 Mar 2017, 14:56

Hello folks,

I found an absorbing way to learn low-level coding, despite the lack of knoweldge, since I'm new to that, there is a hope for porting qmk onto BLE enabled module for acting like a keyboard controller and bluetooth unit at a time.
Is there anybody who can advice which module suited well for using as a controller of a split keyboard according following request:

lowest possible energy consumtion
Dual connection at a time (there is a hope for fully wireless split keyboard, if there any smartphones and tablets that gives a possibility to connect two devices i.e two halves at a time)
ability for quick reconnect between 4 devices (I believe it means more mask-ROM)
Advanced deep sleep abilities
BLE4 (4.0,4.2 is ok) and lower version compatibility bluetooth 2.0 or 3.0 (agree for more energy loss on this connections), at least it might be a fw compatibility, like between BLE and BR/EDR device profile - so more people can use fw, it means more
realtime proccessing ability
more than 15 GPIO
ability to emulate PS/2 input for adding trackpoint

For now I know only nRF52832 and some third party devices based on that and TC35678, which are powerfull enough I think. Anyway please advise.

Krakob

29 Mar 2017, 07:36

Not really what you're looking for but this may interest you: Updated Wireless+Split+Wired controller PCB to use dual USB-C ports and added pins for controlling LEDs.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyb ... cb_to_use/

Return to “Keyboards”