Purchasing Keyboards while on Trip to China

paecific.jr

30 Mar 2017, 18:49

My dad is going to China for work and I figured that he might stumble across a keyboard or two. What should he be looking for? What are his options for getting back? Are there any regulations? How hard will it be to find something nice and well priced?

Krakob

31 Mar 2017, 08:20

If he can shop online, Taobao is the most interesting for sure. I wouldn't know if physical stores are all that niched anywhere in China.

zning

01 Apr 2017, 06:44

I would recommend jd.com over taobao. As long as you make sure item purchased is sold and shipped by jd.com, it offers next-day (sometimes even same-day, if you place your order by 11am) delivery in most tier-1, -2, -3 cities in mainland China; and on top of that you don't have to worry too much about getting a knock-off. You don't even need a Chinese credit card/debit card, or Alipay (our version of paypal) to make the payment, simply choose cash payment upon delivery.

Chinese Custom wouldn't care the least when you have a few keyboards in your luggage when leaving China, I would be more worried about any regulation that might apply when entering your home country.

paecific.jr

02 Apr 2017, 03:07

Thanks for those tips!

Return to “Keyboards”