HELP Locating pcb stabilizers in the UK

Seb6656

31 May 2017, 12:36

Hello kind people of DeskThority, First time posting here, long time lingerer of all things keyboard. Recently i had taken off all of the keycaps from my keeb to give it its well overdue clean. However heres where the problem lies, all of the keys came off very easily without any problems however when removing the space bar, there was a lot of resistance... My inner caveman takes over and what to i think is a good idea? Forcing it off. This results in the middle bit of the pcb mount stabilizer coming out still attached to the space bar and breaking at the bottom. Its like there were glued in or something, i ended up having to use a pair of pliers to actually remove them for the space bar. SO i have been trying to find some replacements for these so i can use my beloved keyboard again however i just cant seem to find them ANYWARE in the UK and i would rather not have to wait ageees for them to be shipped from overseas and have to pay loads for import stuff. Does anyone know where i would be able to find something like this in the UK?? Any help would be much appreciated :)

TL:DR - Was an idiot and broke my keebs stabilizer middle bit and need helping trying to find a new pcb stabilizer in the UK to fit it :)

mkarlsson

31 May 2017, 13:37

Hi there, hope this helps:

https://mechboards.co.uk/shop/all/cherry-stabilisers/

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Stabilized

31 May 2017, 13:37

What keyboard do you have? Can you post pictures of what happened?

If you have a plate, you're going to find replacing the stabiliser to be pretty tricky.
Mechboards sell 6.25 PCB stabilisers, I assume they are genuine Cherry parts.
If you don't want this problem to happen again, you might want to enter into this group buy for screw in stabilisers.

Mechboards

09 Jun 2017, 13:12

Thanks for the links guys - I believe Seb is all sorted now :)

Return to “Keyboards”